Vegas 17 crashes at "Initializing GPU-Accelerated Video Processing"

Th3_N1CK wrote on 9/12/2020, 1:42 AM

I have had Vegas Pro 17 for a while now, maybe about a year, and it had worked fine until recently. Vegas now crashes after reaching "Initializing GPU-Accelerated Video Processing" I searched around and tried a few things, but after nothing has worked so far.

• System Info:
  • Windows 10 Home 64bit
  • NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti
  • CPU: Intel i7-6700k
  • Vegas version: Version 17.0 (Build 452)

Things I have already tried:

• Holding CTRL + Shift and clicking YES to "reset all preferences to default values?"
  • deleting the "temporary files" for backups to videos when vegas crashes
  • Updating windows
  • rolling back my GPU driver
  • completly turning off my GPU
  • completly removing my GPU from the computer
  • There was an update for Intel graphics, but I rolled that back as well for another issue not related to SVP
  • Uninstalling Vegas pro 17 several times.
  • Disableing the GPU in device manager and restarting
  • manually deleting all related files to vegas after an uninstall (except project files)
  • Re-instaling OFX and other plug-ins for vegas
  • Runing vegas successfully on my laptop and moving the files over manually to my desktop, but I got and error and veags said "the product isnt registered"
  • instaling an older build: SVP build 353
  • closing all open programs and launching

Comments

RogerS wrote on 9/12/2020, 2:02 AM

What about reinstalling the final build and using the latest NVIDIA studio driver? I don't see that on your list.

fr0sty wrote on 9/12/2020, 2:54 AM

Give this driver a shot: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/147971/en-in

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Radeon VII

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

RogerS wrote on 9/12/2020, 3:04 AM

@fr0sty You find something special with that older studio driver?

fr0sty wrote on 9/12/2020, 3:26 AM

Didn't notice it was the older one.. good catch. Try this one: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/163248/en-us

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 9/12/2020, 4:27 AM

Th3_N1CK, i think a recent Windows 10 update is the cause of your issue..... Look into that and see.

Th3_N1CK wrote on 9/16/2020, 3:20 AM

@RogerS I apologize for the late response, I have already tried reinstalling and am currently on the latest NVIDIA driver. Just to be sure I reinstalled the one you linked, @fr0sty (in fact both of them) and neither of these things worked.
@Steve_Rhoden It's possible this is because of a windows update, so I uninstalled some of the recent updates, that windows would let me uninstall, to no effect. The update that I think it might be, windows won't let me delete, as the update is more than 10 days old. The updates I uninstalled were just supplemental to that one, so I'm not sure what to do from here.

Thank you for your help!