Vegas 18 render dialogue does not appear, total rendering failure

Comments

Grazie wrote on 8/4/2020, 5:34 AM

@fr0sty - I’m going with @PeterWright saying he had to turn GPU OFF, to complete Render. Could this indicate that his Media PLUS his 1080 has found his weak-spot? We know he has the best, I’m assuming Drivers, being Studio, are the ones he’s installed?

Last changed by Grazie on 8/4/2020, 5:37 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Grazie

PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 8 GB graphics card with 32 GB of shared NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

PeterWright wrote on 8/4/2020, 6:15 AM

Rest of system -CPU 2.4 Ghz multicore (? 6)
64 Gb RAM

Grazie wrote on 8/4/2020, 6:21 AM

@PeterWright - OK, lets short circuit a process. Start with the simplest of test Veggies. One 5 minute Event that thoroughly conformed to the Project Settings. Choose a simplest of render settings and give it a whirl.

RogerS wrote on 8/4/2020, 6:29 AM

@fr0sty - Just rechecked the Required Spec page here:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/specifications/#productMenu

NVIDIA

NVIDIA® GeForce GTX or RTX 9XX series or higher with 4GB

I’d like some guidance on the level of that GTX? I know the RTX is working for me.

GTX 9XX is ancient- from 2014/2015. The 10X cards superseded that. I don't think there is any benefit to RTX (raytracing) cards over GTX.

This page has a comparison of NVIDIA GPUs between the last and current generation:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/10-series/

You don't need the latest graphics card for Vegas, just one released in the last 4 years or so.

PeterWright wrote on 8/4/2020, 6:31 AM

Yes thanks Grazie - I'll do some more tests tomorrow, but so far, 2 renders of a single clip project went ok, with GPU on ...

fr0sty wrote on 8/4/2020, 6:33 AM

We've got a benchmarking thread for V17 that shows the RTX cards do perform better than the GTX series.

Last changed by fr0sty on 8/4/2020, 6:35 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Radeon VII

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Grazie wrote on 8/4/2020, 6:42 AM

GTX 9XX is ancient- from 2014/2015. The 10X cards superseded that. I don't think there is any benefit to RTX (raytracing) cards over GTX.

@RogerS - Nobody mentioned the GTX9XX? Why are you?

This page has a comparison of NVIDIA GPUs between the last and current generation:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/10-series/

You don't need the latest graphics card for Vegas, just one released in the last 4 years or so.

@RogerS - Nobody said you need the latest? Yeah, I got mine a year ago when I went for the i9 new rig.

Grazie wrote on 8/4/2020, 6:44 AM

We've got a benchmarking thread for V17 that shows the RTX cards do perform better than the GTX series.

@fr0sty - Ah yes! I remember those tests. Thanks for posting. Wondering if @RogerS has viewed them?

RogerS wrote on 8/4/2020, 7:33 AM

Grazie, please take a second to read the posts again before commenting. If you did that you'd see my post was literally quoting YOU. It was the last post on the previous page. YOU had pasted in the minimum specs for Vegas and wrote 9XX series cards.

I know you've been asking/suggesting to people on a few threads that their relatively modern cards are unsupported, but the reality is that anything in the last 5 years or so is supported. That is the only point I was trying to make.

No, I don't pay attention to the benchmarking thread and render tests. That RTX cards are better is good to know as that's the direction NVIDIA went in for their newer high-end cards. I remember folks were disappointed with price/performance vs the 10 series at launch. They do have the latest NVENC encoder.

Grazie wrote on 8/4/2020, 8:05 AM

Grazie, please take a second to read the posts again before commenting. If you did that you'd see my post was literally quoting YOU. It was the last post on the previous page. YOU had pasted in the minimum specs for Vegas and wrote 9XX series cards.

@RogerS - I’ll re-read.

I know you've been asking/suggesting to people on a few threads that their relatively modern cards are unsupported, but the reality is that anything in the last 5 years or so is supported.

@RogerS - I think we are getting somewhere. It is the crucial LEVEL of support that is what needs to be discussed here. I don’t won’t people to be disappointed IF at the centre of their issues is that GPU. I believe that’s fair?

No, I don't pay attention to the benchmarking thread and render tests.

@RogerS - Why not? It help me when I was scoping my MONSTER last year.

That RTX cards are better is good to know as that's the direction NVIDIA went in for their newer high-end cards.

@RogerS - uhuh...

I remember folks were disappointed with price/performance vs the 10 series at launch. They do have the latest NVENC encoder.

@RogerS - I’m guessing that that was then, things have moved on. I’ve done HEAPS of NVENC encoding and using HOS KwikPreview and it knocks the socks off of RAM Previewing.

yuri-kYIK wrote on 8/4/2020, 11:03 AM

Grazie identified the system: Windows 10 64 bit
Intel Core i7-4790
RAM 16.0 GB
Cpu 3.6 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX745

I also tried by disabling NVIDIA, with no success.

At this point I am migrating to a new computer on which the dialog and rendering work properly. Still, a complete failure should not occur on an older system. (Vegas 18 has incremental changes vs Vegas 17, which works properly.)