Vegas 19 Program Wont Open

Comments

Robin-Baston wrote on 5/16/2022, 5:49 PM

Have sent tis to vegas about a dozen times since yesterday morn.

Reyfox wrote on 5/16/2022, 6:00 PM

Well, it's a Windows error and not Vegas... the problem is the OpenCL.dll ....

And since you have Nvidia, I would try possibly uninstalling the graphics card driver and then installing the latest version from Nvidia. People here have recommended installing the Studio (?) drivers. Others here with Nvidia graphics cards could point you in the right direction.

If you run sfc /scannow and the .dll can not be repaired, go HERE and read further.

Former user wrote on 5/16/2022, 6:01 PM

@Robin-Baston Hi Google says - OpenCL is a system component, handled by your graphics card drivers. If there is a problem in the drivers, you may see this error message: “The code execution cannot proceed because OpenCL. dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”

So are your graphics drivers up to date, if this has already been done or mentioned forgive me 👍

Geforce Experience helps with this, don't know if it works with your G#PU tho https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/

After download you get an App with a Drivers tab

Robin-Baston wrote on 5/16/2022, 6:06 PM

found a thread on line in another Vegas Forum for pro14. I have disabled the on board graphics driver...and viola vegas opens. will mess around a bit with which driver is the issue and work around.

Robin-Baston wrote on 5/16/2022, 6:08 PM

@Former user the irony is that this started after updating some drivers....hadnt realized that I had done that before the issue.

Former user wrote on 5/16/2022, 6:10 PM

@Robin-Baston some sort of conflict 🤷‍♂️ Good that it's working now 👍

If you did a System Restore as you said in an earlier comment you may have lost the latest drivers for your GPU (i dunno if they get rolled back with a System Restore?) so maybe good to update those anyway, 🥴😂👍

PS you wrote the comment above at the same time as me, so i dunno, PC's are weird 🤷‍♂️😂

Robin-Baston wrote on 5/16/2022, 6:29 PM

Actually I had done the system restore to get back to where it was working, but it didnt restore fully. When I get this project sorted I will try reinstalling video drivers and see what happens. At least now I know where to look. Thanks Guys.

Former user wrote on 5/16/2022, 6:34 PM

@Robin-Baston Good luck 👍