VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum build 122 & basic build 114

NickHope wrote on 5/3/2017, 10:00 PM

Updated Platinum/Suite version is build 122. Updated basic version is build 114. Download here:

Bug Fixes in this Update (Platinum) (from C:\Program Files\VEGAS\Movie Studio Platinum 14.0\readme\Movie_Studio_Platinum_readme.htm)

• Files with 5.1 audio now open properly again in the timeline
  • The Event Video Resampling options once again properly function
  • The ability to use presets has been restored to the Track Motion window
  • Custom rendering presets that were created in previous versions no longer contain corrupted audio when used in version 14
  • Using "DVD with Menus" option now properly detects DVD Architect when that application is installed
  • The Render and Cancel buttons are no longer hidden in any case under windows high DPI settings
  • Plug-in chain boxes once again have a graphically obvious connection linking them together to make it easier to understand their relationships in the chain
  • Upload to Vimeo functionality no longer fails when uploading to a Vimeo Plus account
  • Tags typed into the metadata dialog prior to uploading to Vimeo now properly appear when the upload is complete
  • Improved the appearance of the horizontal splitter in the Window Docking area so it is easier to identify
  • Improved our handling of AVCHD (and other) files to more effectively handle situations where just reading a small section of file is not enough to identify the media handler, so that such instances no longer crash the application
  • The audio track header context menu options Use vertical meters and Show output meters now work properly
  • Improved grouping behaviors in some cases where groups where not properly created or eliminated
  • The Customize Template button in the Render As dialog box is now active only when it is functional for the chosen render format
  • Rendering to Blu-ray with Sony AVC/MVC templates works properly again
  • Improved the behavior of Newsfeed notifications to better serve the end-user

Comments

Dr Zen wrote on 5/4/2017, 12:19 AM

There is one bug you have listed as solved, which is still not working on my computer.
I would be interested to know if anyone else is still experiencing the same problem?

Using "DVD with Menus" option now properly detects DVD Architect when that application is installed

2 months ago I did a clean install of Windows 10.
I am using VMSP14 #122 and DVDA #54.
I performed a full program reset for both Movie Studio and DVDA.
When I press Send to DVD Architect, DVDA does open but video file does not automatically import into DVDA - there is nothing there. When I check the Project Properties in DVDA, none of the settings match the video properties from Movie Studio, so nothing is being registered at all.

Regards
Derek

3POINT wrote on 5/4/2017, 1:57 AM

When I press Send to DVD Architect, DVDA does open but video file does not automatically import into DVDA - there is nothing there. When I check the Project Properties in DVDA, none of the settings match the video properties from Movie Studio, so nothing is being registered at all.

I also discovered this yesterday, but as I don't burn any DVD since years, I paid no further attention to it. But I wonder that such silly bugs are not discovered by the team or by beta testers.

NickHope wrote on 5/4/2017, 2:16 AM
When I press Send to DVD Architect, DVDA does open but video file does not automatically import into DVDA - there is nothing there.

I was informed that this is a DVD Architect issue that has already been fixed and will appear in the next update to DVDA, which Magix hope to release in the next month or so.

Dr Zen wrote on 5/4/2017, 3:06 AM

@Nick

Thanks for the clarification 👍

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 3:31 AM

Hello

I downloaded the update but there is still no resample

I do not dominate english, please write easy.

Thank you.

OzzyRadar wrote on 5/4/2017, 3:35 AM

Have updated. Havn't tried the resample as I don't use it. I wonder why you have to reactivate when first run after the update. I would have thought it would keep the existing activations like all my other software does. I don't use Music Maker much as i am a Cubase Pro user, however after the update I ran Music Maker to test and it came up with an update notice and to down the update and install. Once again, I would have thought this would have been automatically updated, considering it is included in the download manager.

NickHope wrote on 5/4/2017, 3:41 AM

Hello

I downloaded the update but there is still no resample...

It for video events, not audio events.

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:03 AM

Already video , Mp4 video file but i cannot resample at the yore

Marco. wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:25 AM

Ismail-bozkurt, do you use the Platinum version or the basic version of Movie Studio 14?

Also, if you open the menu "Help/Info" - which build number is it said to be there?

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:38 AM

I'm using basic version Movie Studio 14.0

Marco. wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:41 AM

This topic and info is about the Platinum version only.

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:42 AM

When will the problem in my version be resolved?

Marco. wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:46 AM

I'm not sure but maybe resampling is only meant to be in the Platinum version. But please open another discussion if it is about the basic version as this one is for Platinum build 122 only.

NickHope wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:47 AM

Actually it's supposed to be about both versions, and links to both are in the OP, but I don't have access to any basic version release notes yet.

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:51 AM

Can I return the current version and switch to platinum?

Because it will not work if it is not resample

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:53 AM

Actually it's supposed to be about both versions, and links to both are in the OP, but I don't have access to any basic version release notes yet.

I can wait if the problem is solved

NickHope wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:54 AM

@ismail-bozkurt Do you have this file?

C:\Program Files\VEGAS\Movie Studio 14.0\readme\Movie_Studio_readme.htm

If yes, could you please copy and paste here what it says?

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 4:59 AM

Movie Studio 14

April 2017

Contents

This document contains information on the following topics:

Welcome

What's New

Known Issues

System Requirements

Installation

Movie Studio Quick Start Guide 

Demos

Contacting MAGIX Software GmbH

Applicable to boxed products only. If you've purchased a downloadable product, an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the product documentation is available from our Web site.

1. Welcome

Thank you for purchasing Vegas Movie Studio 14 software. This document contains information about installing and using Movie Studio on your computer.

2. What's New

Bug Fixes in this Update

Files with 5.1 audio now open properly again in the timeline

The Event Video Resampling options once again properly function

The ability to use presets has been restored to the Track Motion window

Custom rendering presets that were created in previous versions no longer contain corrupted audio when used in version 14

Using "DVD with Menus" option now properly detects DVD Architect when that application is installed

The Render and Cancel buttons are no longer hidden in any case under windows high DPI settings

Plug-in chain boxes once again have a graphically obvious connection linking them together to make it easier to understand their relationships in the chain

Upload to Vimeo functionality no longer fails when uploading to a Vimeo Plus account

Tags typed into the metadata dialog prior to uploading to Vimeo now properly appear when the upload is complete

Improved the appearance of the horizontal splitter in the Window Docking area so it is easier to identify

Improved our handling of AVCHD (and other) files to more effectively handle situations where just reading a small section of file is not enough to identify the media handler, so that such instances no longer crash the application

The audio track header context menu options Use vertical meters and Show output meters now work properly

Improved grouping behaviors in some cases where groups where not properly created or eliminated

The Customize Template button in the Render As dialog box is now active only when it is functional for the chosen render format

Rendering to Blu-ray with Sony AVC/MVC templates works properly again

Improved the behavior of Newsfeed notifications to better serve the end-user

3. Known Issues

Movie Studio requires QuickTime 7.1.6 or later. As a general rule, you are encouraged to use the most current version of QuickTime.

If you are printing a rendered file to HDV tape, the file must precisely conform to the target HDV device and file type requirements, or the print-to-tape operation will fail. Rendering using the provided HDV MPEG-2 render templates—unmodified in any way—is required to successfully print to HDV tape.

The Sony Handycam USB driver that is included with DVD-based camcorders can prevent Movie Studio from recognizing a USB-connected camera. If you use the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel to uninstall the "Sony DVD Handycam USB driver" component, Movie Studio will be able connect to the camera and import video using Import > DVD Camcorder Disc.

The Apply deinterlace filter and Wait for vertical sync check boxes are not available when previewing a stereoscopic 3D project using the Stereoscopic 3D Graphics Card device with a GeForce video card.

If you see flickering when previewing a stereoscopic 3D project when using the Stereoscopic 3D Graphics Card device, use the NVIDIA control panel to set your 3D Vision monitor's refresh rate to 120 Hz.

The Tools > Burn Disc > Blu-ray Disc with Menus command is not available when working with 5.1 surround projects. You can use Tools > Burn Disc > Blu-ray Disc to burn a 5.1 surround project from the timeline. If you want to use DVD Architect Studio to author a Blu-ray Disc with menus, please use the Audio tab in the Movie Studio Project Properties dialog to set your project's Master bus mode to Stereo.

OpenCL GPU rendering is not available when using AMD Radeon Catalyst driver 11.3. Please use driver version 11.2.

When using the 64-bit version of Movie Studio, third-party plug-ins will work only if they are 64-bit plug-ins. Please check with the plug-in vendor for available updates. You can share projects between 32- and 64-bit versions of Movie Studio installations, performing editing as needed in 32-bit Movie Studio and finishing the project in 64-bit Movie Studio.

Some MOV files recorded by devices running Apple iOS 6 may fail to read correctly when using QuickTime 7.7.2. Updating to QuickTime 7.7.3 resolves the issue.

4. Notable bug fixes

Improved the readability of parameter values in the Pan/Crop window

Made it easier to see when certain render options are disabled under various formats that don't support them

Includes a new build of the NewBlueFX Titler Pro Express (included with VEGAS Movie Studio Suite only) to pick up big fixes implemented by NewBlueFX

A menu option to rename video plug-ins while in the Plug-In Chooser has been removed since the operation is not available and choosing this option caused a crash.

While uploading to one of the social media communities, it is now possible to cancel the metadata dialog with the Esc key.

4. System Requirements

The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Vegas Movie Studio software:

Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (Windows 8 or later with a touchscreen required for touchscreen editing)

2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)

500 MB hard-disk space for program installation

2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV or HDV capture and print-to-tape)

USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD or DVD camcorders)

Supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU with at least 512 MB of memory (for GPU-accelerated AVC rendering and video processing):

NVIDIA

Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later.

GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 297.03 or later).

Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 297.03 or later).

NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.

AMD/ATI

Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.

Intel

Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU such as HD Graphics 4000.

*.NET 3.5 adds functionality to .NET 2.0. After installing the .NET Framework 3.5, versions 2.0 and 3.5 will be displayed in the Windows Add or Remove Programs listing. Do not attempt to uninstall version 2.0; it is required by version 3.5.

Windows-compatible sound card

DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)

Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)

Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)

Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later

Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files

5. Installation

The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by Movie Studio software to your computer.

Installing from a boxed product

Place the Movie Studio application disc in the drive. The setup screen is displayed (if AutoPlay is enabled for your optical drive).

If you have turned off the drive's AutoPlay feature, click the Start button and type D:\setup.exe, where D is the drive letter of your optical drive, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.

Click Install, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install the appropriate version of Movie Studio for your computer.

Installing from the Web

Download the install utility from our Web site.

Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install the appropriate version of Movie Studio for your computer. 

6. Movie Studio Quick Start Guide 

Included on the application disc is a Movie Studio Quick Start Guide in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. The Acrobat format allows easy printing of the text, should you need a hard copy. The Quick Start Guide is located in the Manual folder on the application disc.

Installing Adobe Reader

In order to view the Quick Start Guide, you will need to install Adobe Reader. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/.

7. Trials and Demos

If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products from Vegas Creative Software, please visit our Web site. You will always find the latest technical information, trials, demos, and product announcements from Vegas Creative Software there.

8. Technical Support

If you experience problems or have questions while using Vegas Pro, our technical support department is always ready to help you. Additional support and information can be found at http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com.

For a detailed list of Technical Support options, please visit our web site.

NickHope wrote on 5/4/2017, 5:06 AM

Well that's confusing. The list has 2 x separate sections of bug fixes, and 2 x section "4".

But the first list of bug fixes is the same as that for the Platinum version and states:

"The Event Video Resampling options once again properly function"

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 5:09 AM

I think there is a problem in updating because it is said that resampling has been corrected.

look : ''The Event Video Resampling options once again properly function''

What do I have to do now?

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 5:18 AM

I have been waiting for this update for almost 2 weeks , If the problem is solved I can wait a few more days , If no, I want to return the current version and request the platinum version.

NickHope wrote on 5/4/2017, 5:38 AM

What build do the fixes in that section "4. Notable bug fixes" of the basic version Readme refer to? I'm assuming they were for an old build such as 87.

ismail-bozkurt wrote on 5/4/2017, 6:08 AM

What do I have to do now?  can not use this program like this

Marco. wrote on 5/4/2017, 6:08 AM

There are several items which refer to features which I think are only in the Platinum version, so I think Magix mixed something up in the help file.