VEGAS Pro 17 Update 1 (build 321) - General Discussion

Comments

LongIslanderrr wrote on 10/28/2019, 4:16 PM

Windows 10 Task Manager Offers a much more detailed view.

Committed basically means page file usage.

When editing or importing a large project with vegas 17 the committed ram for me will climb to the max amount than crash. As for Vegas 16 stays at like 10% of what 17 uses.

If the page file is turned OFF both vegas 16 and vegas 17 will crash undoubtedly. While this behavior IS normal for any computer program that runs out of physical ram (then requiring page file usage) The Vegas suits crash regardless of the actual amount of physical ram they are using when the page file is turned off and seem to prioritize virtual ram usage over actual available memory.

Here is the same exact project imported with 16 vs 17.

You can see the memory usage on 17, as well as the program crashing before the files successfully import.

adis-a3097 wrote on 10/28/2019, 4:28 PM

VP 17 + Red Giant (Magic Bullet Suite 13.0.11 or Universe 3.0.2) plugin causes VP to crush when trying to import RED's R3Ds.

Deleting FFCache_x64_1033 file, found in C - users - name - appdata - local - vegaspro - 17.0, before VP start, solves the problem til the next VP start.

Uninstalling Red Giant ehm "solves" it completely.

Can someone repro this?

OpenCL.dll files, usually found in C-Windows-System32, were missing. Copied them from FileRepository folder to Sys32. Worked like a charm.

Cheers! 😎

zdogg wrote on 10/28/2019, 7:47 PM

@LongIslanderrr Thanks, I would never have known. I have Page file "system manage"d...I have not paid that much attention to this recently, how big a factor is this, normally speaking, and they by the particulars of Vegas? Thanks also John-dennis

Phil-MJr. wrote on 10/30/2019, 3:35 AM

Yes, the build is an improvement. Seems more stable and responsive. Dynamic RAM preview is limited to 32768 Mbytes. Is that by design, or a hard limit? Help files sometimes work.

LongIslanderrr wrote on 10/30/2019, 4:16 AM

@LongIslanderrr Thanks, I would never have known. I have Page file "system manage"d...I have not paid that much attention to this recently, how big a factor is this, normally speaking, and they by the particulars of Vegas? Thanks also John-dennis

Yes system managed is as it should be 👍. The problem is the way Vegas is handling this "virtual memory". Hopefully my description leads to some kind of bug fix.

joost-berk wrote on 10/30/2019, 5:36 AM

Can some one tell me how to work with LUT's in HDR mode? It seems to me that every output level of any LUT is no more than 100 nits. This goes for 3dl and cube files. Am I doing something wrong? Or are the LUT's just not HDR ready? How does this work?

Vegas Pro user since version 1.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR (Latest Studio Driver)

Monitoring: Black Magic Design DeckLink SDI 4K (or Nvidia HDMI for 4K HDR)

Audio: M-Audio M-Track Eight ASIO

Controller: Behringer X-Touch

matthias-krutz wrote on 10/30/2019, 7:07 AM

@LongIslanderrr When comparing VP16 and VP17 are the settings of dyn. RAM Preview the same?

Desktop: Ryzen R7 2700, RAM 32 GB, X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, Radeon RX 5700 8GB, Win10 2004

Laptop: T420, W10, i5-2520M 4GB, SSD, HD Graphics 3000

VEGAS Pro 14-18, Movie Studio 12 Platinum, Vegasaur, HOS, HitfilmPro

LongIslanderrr wrote on 10/30/2019, 8:04 PM

@LongIslanderrr When comparing VP16 and VP17 are the settings of dyn. RAM Preview the same?

Yes

dave-wilson wrote on 10/30/2019, 11:38 PM

Any word on supporting AMD RX5700 cards/Navi architecture? I'm amazed this wasn't addressed in this build update. I really wish Magix would just test out some middle and upper level GPU's and let us know seems to work best. Is that really that difficult to do?

joost-berk wrote on 11/6/2019, 10:03 AM

Another Question, I find the controls on the color wheels in the new Color Grading tool, much to sensitive. Is there a way to set them in (for example) logaritmical scale?

Vegas Pro user since version 1.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR (Latest Studio Driver)

Monitoring: Black Magic Design DeckLink SDI 4K (or Nvidia HDMI for 4K HDR)

Audio: M-Audio M-Track Eight ASIO

Controller: Behringer X-Touch

ERT wrote on 11/6/2019, 1:36 PM

Another Question, I find the controls on the color wheels in the new Color Grading tool, much to sensitive. Is there a way to set them in (for example) logaritmical scale?

Press ctrl button while you working on the color wheels. Then it is easier to use.

Last changed by ERT on 11/6/2019, 1:37 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VEGAS Pro 21.0 B315

Computer:

i9 -9900KF @3,6 GHz // MSI MPG 7390 Gaming Plus // 32 GB Crucial Ballistix // Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (SSD M.2 PCIe) // Videoedit on SSD M.2 PCIe Kingston // NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (Last Studio Driver)

Camera: Sony A7 IV // Sony A7 III // Sony A6500 // Canon XA20 | Audio: Zoom H4 // RODE Wireless Go II // Roland R05 // TASCAM DR10

LongIslanderrr wrote on 11/12/2019, 3:11 AM

Windows 10 Task Manager Offers a much more detailed view.

Committed basically means page file usage.

When editing or importing a large project with vegas 17 the committed ram for me will climb to the max amount than crash. As for Vegas 16 stays at like 10% of what 17 uses.

If the page file is turned OFF both vegas 16 and vegas 17 will crash undoubtedly. While this behavior IS normal for any computer program that runs out of physical ram (then requiring page file usage) The Vegas suits crash regardless of the actual amount of physical ram they are using when the page file is turned off and seem to prioritize virtual ram usage over actual available memory.

Here is the same exact project imported with 16 vs 17.

You can see the memory usage on 17, as well as the program crashing before the files successfully import.

Same EXACT issue with the latest build. Vegas 16 works as expected. 17 crashes

doug-small wrote on 11/20/2019, 6:30 PM

I tried updating Vegas Pro 17 tonight; all 3 attempts ended with error "The installer is unable to update VEGAS Pro 17.0 while it is running".

On each attempt, after clicking OK to the error, I'm unable to locate the downloaded update execution file (e.g. not found in "Downloads" where I might expect). On my 2nd and 3rd attempt, it didn't detect that I had already downloaded the update, so it proceeded to download the 680Meg file again. I restarted my PC after 2nd failure; the 3rd attempt failed too. I tried both options (update immediately and update after closing Vegas) all with same error.

Perhaps I'll try to directly download -- the "in application" updater doesn't seem to work.

EricLNZ wrote on 11/20/2019, 7:31 PM

@doug-small The Vegas updater (in Pro and VMS) can be frustrating. Sometimes Vegas doesn't completely shut down. This has been commented on in several threads. Consequently the updater cannot update and then deletes the downloaded file! The workaround is to check in Task Manager for any Vegas leftovers and end them so the updater can proceed; and having found where the downloaded file is stored copy it out quickly once download is completed to elsewhere on your pc so you have it to run later if necessary.

Or do as you are doing and download the file separately and run with Vegas closed down. Much less frustrating!!

fred-w wrote on 11/21/2019, 12:34 AM

If you are running Win 7, there is a residue file in the task manager, under the "Processes" tab, that needs to be shut down. (vegas170.exe) That will have the computer thinking, even if you exited the Vegas program, that it is still running. (I don't think this is true for Win 10, but I'm not sure about that).... I just now seeing where EircLNZ is saying something similar.