Vegas Pro 18 unable to install - lack of help from Technical Support

Mr.Sewell wrote on 10/1/2020, 12:25 PM

First of all, I have contacted customer service, got referred to technical support only to end with this respond;

"was able to download and install using the same link on your account.  This should be resolved at this point.  
--
Best regards,

MAGIX Software GmbH
xx sxx
Supportmanager".

So unfortunately all the poor customer support comments I've read are absolutely 100% true. I'm trying to install Vegas Pro 18. The installation would stop with continue button as seen in screenshot. I've hit continue repeating but not making any progress. I've disabled firewalls and network protections. Ensured all .NET frameworks are enabled and up to date. I have Visual Studio 2019 installed. Even tried the developer mode to allow installation from any source. Went through every other basic troubleshooting.

my CPU system;

Windows 10
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight-Core Processor
Installed Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 Based Processor.

What am I missing??

Comments

JN- wrote on 10/1/2020, 6:10 PM

@Mr.Sewell Is it a connection issue, no files are yet downloaded? You can try downloading the main program from the link in the news section here.

Last changed by JN- on 10/1/2020, 6:12 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

---------------------------------------------

VFR2CFR, Variable frame rate to Constant frame rate etc

Benchmarking thread

Codec Render Quality tables

---------------------------------------------

PC ... Corsair case, own build ...

CPU .. i9 9900K, iGpu UHD 630

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

Graphics card .. MSI RTX 2080 ti

Graphics driver .. latest studio

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop ... (Acer Predator G9-793-77AC)

CPU .. i7-6700HQ Skylake-H

Memory ..32 GB DDR4, was previously 16 GB

Graphics card .. Nvidia GTX 1070

Graphics driver .. latest studio

Mr.Sewell wrote on 10/1/2020, 7:27 PM

Thanks JN, I had suspected the connection issue as well and went through troubleshooting for this also through different network settings. Came down to same result. Can you confirm if you're able to open the link https://rdir.magix.net/?page=QA8461JNAYJG to download the file, following from VEGAS Pro 18 Update 1 (Build 334)? It does not load for me to download the file.

Dexcon wrote on 10/1/2020, 7:34 PM

That link downloads just fine for me - at between 3 and 4 MB/s via cable broadband.

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

Windows 10 Home

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

D drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

E & F drives: 2 x 2TB Barracuda HDDs 2.5"

Mr.Sewell wrote on 10/1/2020, 8:00 PM

This is what I got after running a troubleshoot with the url. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (dl-us01.magix.net) is not responding".

Robbie wrote on 10/2/2020, 7:43 PM

Probably no comfort to you but the link worked for me also. What browser are you using? I've seen a few reports of problems downloading via Chrome since a recent update while Edge had worked. I'm using Firefox..

Cheers, Robbie

Mr.Sewell wrote on 10/2/2020, 8:36 PM

@Robbie, I read that somewhere! Then I attempted with Chrome, Edge and Firefox but no luck!

EricLNZ wrote on 10/2/2020, 8:41 PM

@Mr.Sewell Ok for me with Firefox and I'm on the other side of the world. Windows Defender has been known to cause problems. Check it's not lurking in the background.