Vegas Pro 20 + Titler Pro 7 for VEGAS Pro

janndk wrote on 1/8/2023, 10:41 AM

Anyone using "Titler Pro 7 for VEGAS Pro" in VP20? Do you experience any problems, or is everything working just fine?

• Pause point in titles doesn't seem to work in VP20 😕
  • (Also some issues with serial number, so Titler Pro is in some kind of strange trial mode? Got rid of the watermark, but registration says program not activated?)

I'm in contact with NewBlues support, so right now mostly just trying to figure out if the failure is somewhere in my computer or if others have problems too.

Comments

FTech wrote on 1/8/2023, 5:25 PM

Hi @janndk,

I had issues just registering the serial number for Titler Pro 7. It just simply didn't work. I contacted NewBlue and they gave me steps to try like uninstall all versions of Titler Pro, deleting folders & some registry entries. These steps didn't resolve my issue. They just reset my license and gave me a new serial number... and that worked!

The pauses point in titles... I haven't experimented with that feature yet. So I don't know.

NewBlue technical support team are great to deal with. Hopefully they will solve your issue like they did mine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12 Core @ 3.8Ghz (non-overclocked, PBO enabled) OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (version 22H2) RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz (16-16-16-32) @ 1.35v (Tightened timings via DRAM Calculator) Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 (studio driver v528.49) Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z (driver v6.0.102.75 dated Dec 1, 2020) Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB; Seagate Baracuda 6TB, Samsung 870 Evo 2TB (System Managed Swap File) Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (bios 4408) PSU: Corsair RM850x Blu-Ray Burner: Asus BW-16D1HT 16x (firmware 3.10) Case: Fractal Design Define R6 w/USB-C

Windows configured to use the AMD Ryzen Balanced Power Plan

Reyfox wrote on 1/9/2023, 8:54 AM

What version of titler pro 7 are you using? I am using 221114 and it is working within Vegas Pro 20.

janndk wrote on 1/9/2023, 1:14 PM

What version of titler pro 7 are you using? I am using 221114 and it is working within Vegas Pro 20.

It's "Titler Pro 7 for VEGAS Pro" build 220706

Should be the newest one, as I got the download link from NewBlue support.

jetdv wrote on 1/9/2023, 1:25 PM

Build 221114 is a newer build. Please try downloading again and see if you get the newer build. I don't know which link you need.

Titler Pro 7 basic: https://dl.newbluefx.com/download/Win/NewBlueTitlerPro7.exe

Titler Pro 7 Ultimate: https://dl.newbluefx.com/download/Win/NewBlueTitlerPro7Ultimate.exe

TotalFX 7: https://dl.newbluefx.com/download/Win/NewBlueTotalFX7.exe

TotalFX360: https://dl.newbluefx.com/download/Win/NewBlueTotalFX360.exe

Plus, I know NewBlue is working on some other things in Titler Pro related to VEGAS to make sure everything is working better. Hopefully there'll be another update in the near future.

janndk wrote on 1/9/2023, 1:47 PM

Build 221114 is a newer build. Please try downloading again and see if you get the newer build. I don't know which link you need.

Titler Pro 7 Ultimate: https://dl.newbluefx.com/download/Win/NewBlueTitlerPro7Ultimate.exe

TotalFX 7: https://dl.newbluefx.com/download/Win/NewBlueTotalFX7.exe

TotalFX360: https://dl.newbluefx.com/download/Win/NewBlueTotalFX360.exe

Plus, I know NewBlue is working on some other things in Titler Pro related to VEGAS to make sure everything is working better. Hopefully there'll be another update in the near future.

I get build 220706 from my downloads. I guess it's because "Titler Pro 7 for VEGAS Pro" is some kind of special/restricted version (sold by Magix as a part of Expansion Packs).

Had a lot of troubles with it, as it seems not to work with Vegas 20. (earlier version "Titler Pro 7 for VEGAS Pro 19" worked ok with Vegas pro 19).

NewBlue acknowledges that there are some compatibility issues, but hasn't done much to fix them 😒

jetdv wrote on 1/9/2023, 1:55 PM

Ok, you appear to be on the newest version of that installer I can see. I do know that in December some specific work was started to help VEGAS users so, hopefully, a newer build will be released soon.

Reyfox wrote on 1/9/2023, 1:57 PM

@janndk I also have Title Pro 7 as a separate purchase I made a while back before I installed TotalFX 7. Logging into my NBFX account, Titler Pro 7 is listed as one of my Products. I can check to see it's activations or select downloads. When I do, I get link to download NewBlueTitlerPro7-221111.exe

jetdv wrote on 1/9/2023, 2:20 PM

I think TotalFX is 221114. So good to see that straight Titler Pro 7 is up to 221111.

janndk wrote on 1/9/2023, 2:42 PM

I tried "Titler Pro 7 basic" = working just fine (except of course in trial mode). 👍

Installed "Titler Pro 7 for VEGAS Pro" again = problems! 👎

janndk wrote on 1/9/2023, 2:56 PM

Ok, you appear to be on the newest version of that installer I can see. I do know that in December some specific work was started to help VEGAS users so, hopefully, a newer build will be released soon.

Based on my experiences with NewBlue during the past half a year, I don't think they are putting much effort into trying to fix these problems. Unfortunately 😒

janndk wrote on 1/10/2023, 5:02 AM

Thanks for all comments 👍🙂 But is there anyone out there using "Titler Pro 7 for VEGAS Pro" in VP20? (version of Titler Pro 7 in Vegas Movie Expansion Pack).

jetdv wrote on 1/10/2023, 7:25 AM

@janndk, please reference me directly in a new help ticket at NewBlue and I'll see about getting you the proper serial number for Titler Pro 7 Basic (it's the same product, just a different serial number).

David-El-Melky wrote on 3/20/2023, 2:51 AM

Hi

I've been battling with Titler Pro 7 built 220706 along with VEGAS Pro 20 for very long time now, and I find it useless, crashing VEGAS like never seen before, you open Titler Pro and close it without even do any changes and the system hangs and freezes and nothing you can do, you shut down VEGAS and it stays in the background brewing for many hours growing in size, I only have about 7 lower third and main title on 6 mins Video, and it's a nightmare, I've tried to uninstall live2post, uninstalled Titler and re-installed again and it stopped opening, so I've restored my PC to the previous stage and now I'm giving up on it. Support team yet to find the solution.

Never had any problem with any other plug ins at all, Titler pro inside VEGAS is NO GO for me. I want to give Boris FX Titler studio a try.

My system is:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700KF @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz

64.0 GB RAM

Multiple SSD drives, one for windows and one for Cache and temp files, one for video clips etc...

Any advice?

David

Reyfox wrote on 3/20/2023, 4:57 AM

@David-El-Melky no suggestions for you, but a different response on how TP7 is working with VP20 on my computer. It is working just fine. Never a crash. But... it's all about the graphics drivers I am using.

I reported to NBFX how I could not use any of the current AMD graphics drivers with either the standalone or the plugin, and have reverted back to 22.5.1 drivers from last year. I was informed by them that they are aware of it and are working on it. In addition, since I am using NBFX TotalFX7, the version for Titler Pro is 7.8 Build 221114.

And while BorisFX Title Studio doesn't crash using the latest AMD drivers, and the title editor works perfectly in the FX Browser window, the title doesn't appear in the Vegas Preview window once you click on Apply. Boris has put in a ticket on this. I am using BorisFX Continuum Complete 2023.

Dexcon wrote on 3/20/2023, 5:09 AM

I want to give Boris FX Titler studio a try.

BorisFX Title Studio has a free trial so that will make it easy to test out cost-free.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

David-El-Melky wrote on 3/20/2023, 6:22 AM

@Reyfox I'm glad to hear you have no problem with TP 7. my video card is NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB RAM. with the latest Studio driver (v528.49) I thought this is more than enough, do you think it could be the problem? I mean I haven't had any other issue with VEGAS, not even with Particle Illusion with lots of emitters running, but a tiny simple text in TP 7 can crash VEGAS unless I do 1 title and quit, then open VEGAS again do another title and quit..... but when I have 5 or 6 titles in the project it's a nightmare. Something is not right.

Titler Pro 7 standalone is NO problem I can do anything never crashed, only inside VEGAS. And VEGAS with any other plug in from NewBlue and from Boris FX has no problem, that led me to believe the communication between TP7 & VP20 is not right.

David-El-Melky wrote on 3/20/2023, 6:23 AM

I want to give Boris FX Titler studio a try.

BorisFX Title Studio has a free trial so that will make it easy to test out cost-free.

That's exactly what I'm going to do, then I'll know for sure. Thanks Dexcon

Reyfox wrote on 3/20/2023, 6:41 AM

@David-El-Melky for me, it's the graphics drivers that are the issue for me. Also, note that I am using Titler Pro is 7.8 Build 221114 that I got when I updated TotalFX7. It seems that you are using an earlier version, build 220706. Not sure if/how you can update TP7.

With more current AMD drivers, it didn't matter whether I used the standalone or the plugin, it would lock up loading the Library with me having to use Task Manager to exit TP7.

Screenshot below is TP7 working in VP20 with AMD drivers 22.5.1.

David-El-Melky wrote on 3/20/2023, 3:24 PM

@Reyfox So you're saying you can have 6 or 7 titles on a timeline and you don't have huge amount of delay and freeze with anymore? because testing it with one title won't show the issue I'm having

Reyfox wrote on 3/20/2023, 4:08 PM

@David-El-Melky I never mentioned that I had 6 or 7 titles on the timeline. But I just added 7 lower third templates and no huge delays or freeze. But you haven't defined what you mean by "delay and freeze". I added them to 4K 10bit 4:2:2 24P video.

David-El-Melky wrote on 3/20/2023, 10:28 PM

@Reyfox my project is just a 6 mins template, no Videos, I use that to add videos later, I have 1 Title and 6 lower thirds on 1080p 25P project

The delay is when I hit apply in TP7 whether I do any changes or not I have to wait about 10 to 15 minutes to be able to move the time marker or save or do anything in VEGAS, I look in the background and it's brewing up in size and I wait and wait, then after 10 or 15 minutes I can save and press play, then close VEGAS and it's still in the background growing in size.

I tried to open the same project with the same amount of titles made by Sony titles and I opened task manager specially to show the difference, the top one without TP7 and the bottom is with it, see how many things TP7 opens. Just a note the size of the bottom one was ONLY starting to grow, it grew much more after I took the screen shot.

Julius_ wrote on 3/20/2023, 10:34 PM

Glad to see this post...So confusing with Ultimate, pro, FX, etc,etc...Still trying to learn this stuff...I posted about I'm not sure if I have the latest version installed or not....when I run the standalone version I get this:

It works with Vegas 18, but in Vegas 20 it just hangs on the loading of the titler..I was given this desktop and trying to figure what's updated.

I'm also new to this titler, what are your thoughts on it?

Also, where are some tutorials on this....the newblue youtube channel is 3 years old for titler pro!

(Sorry if I highjacked the tread!!)

Last changed by Julius_ on 3/20/2023, 10:52 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

i7-6800 (Intel 3.40GHz, 6 cores)

Windows 10 PRO (up to date)

32GB Ram

MB: x99A Raider, MS-7885 (MSI)

SDD+HDD

AMD Radeon R9 390

Vegas user since V5

Realtek audio

David-El-Melky wrote on 3/20/2023, 11:44 PM

@Julius_ Your Titler Pro is more than 2 years old it's v7.4 year 2020 9th of November, But I'm not sure if they have different version for a full OFX version and the ones for VEGAS only, I doubt it.

David-El-Melky wrote on 3/21/2023, 1:05 AM

@Reyfox You were right about your version of TP7. I downloaded the latest trial version and it's big difference, still not the best in terms of it likes to keep updating all the titles or lower thirds in the timeline even though they were already done and saved. But it's WAY much faster.