When editing video, things start off working OK, but quickly a bunch of lag and stuttering occur in the preview window. It makes it nearly impossible to do anything more than a quick simple task. And even then, it's sketchy if it will work properly the whole way through. This appears to be either a memory leak issue or memory mismanagement of some sort. But I don't know the true cause. I paid for the 2 year 360 plan and am barely able to use the software. I don't remember Vegas 20 being this bad, but it might have been similar.
- Windows 10 Pro
- Intel Core i9 10900K
- 64GB Ram
- MSI MEG Godlike Motherboard
- EVGA 3090 Ti Graphics Card
- m.2 NVME SSD drives
- Temporary Files location is on a separate drive from the drive the videos and audio are stored.
- GoPro MP4 4K video
- 1080p MTS video files from a Cannon video camera
- Other OFX and misc MP4 video clips.
What I've tried:
- Setting preview window size to 1/4 (no scaling)
- Testing video memory settings from various ranges to 0 to let it use as much as needed.
- Monitored system memory during using the app and it has never maxed out.
- Dedicated GPU memory gets close to completely used up, but not always when the behavior is observed
- Shared GPU Memory stays fairly low. (NOTE: Observing the most recent crash, I saw the Shared GPU memory drop to nearly 0 from around 8 / 32GB
- I've tried with both Exerimental HEVC decoding and Legacy AVC decoding. It makes no difference.
This is incredibly frustrating. I've seen several other people list the same issues. But I have not yet seen a solution that actually works. Has anyone gotten past this issue? Does anyone know if there will be an update soon that maybe fixes it?