If you copy an event that has Video FX on it, then paste event attributes onto an event of a different resolution, Vegas Pro 14 incorrectly creates a non-default Event Pan/Crop setting on the target event. It should not do so.
Example test procedure:
- New project
- Set project settings to HD 1080-24p (1920x1080, 23.976 fps)
- Media Generators > Checkerboard > Default > drag to timeline
- Add a video FX such as Sharpen or Color Curves
- Change Project Properties to QFHD 24p (3840x2160, 23.976 fps)
- Media Generators > Checkerboard > Default > drag to another part of the timeline
- Copy the first (1920x1080) event
- Right-click the new (3840x2160) event > Paste Event Attributes
- The Pan/Crop setting on the target event is adjusted to crop just the top left quarter of the image.
The problem also occurs with video media, and when copying from higher resolution to lower resolution, and if the Video FX is before Pan/Crop in the FX chain.
Tested in Vegas Pro 14 build 252.
There is no problem in VP10, 12 or 13.
I guess this bug may possibly have been introduced when this one was fixed.
Support request: [Ticket#2017051617003842]
Please feel free to confirm or add observations!