Comments

Dexcon wrote on 7/26/2020, 7:17 AM

Are your Project Properties/Audio set to 48k?

pierre-k wrote on 7/26/2020, 7:25 AM

Yes

Dexcon wrote on 7/26/2020, 7:46 AM

Another setting to look at - is Windows 10 Control Panel configured for 48k? - as per (example only):

Beyond that, I've run out of possibilities.

EDIT: If you have an audio editor such as Audacity, Sound Forge, etc. does the mic record in 48k there? If it doesn't, then the problem is not just with Vegas Pro but somewhere in your system. However, if it is only Vegas Pro which records in 44k rather than 48k, then a reset of Veas Pro may be needed:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/

pierre-k wrote on 7/26/2020, 8:01 AM

Another setting to look at - is Windows 10 Control Panel configured for 48k? - as per (example only):

Beyond that, I've run out of possibilities.

In the settings I have 48khz as in your picture.

Everything is ok in DAW Cockos Reaper.
The problem is only in Vegas.

Vegas reset is ineffective.

Dexcon wrote on 7/26/2020, 8:22 AM

While of course I do not know your recording process or requirements, do you definitely and absolutely need to record directly into Vegas Pro? In my case for VOs, I record into Sound Forge at 48k in sentence or paragraph chunks, edit in SF and then import the .wav files into VP. Again, this may not work for you.

pierre-k wrote on 7/26/2020, 9:40 AM

While of course I do not know your recording process or requirements, do you definitely and absolutely need to record directly into Vegas Pro?

Such advice is really not good.

For a long time I read other similar .....
Render to mp3 in other software.
Render video in Vokouder or happy scripts.
Decrease the Dynamic Ram value to zero.
Disable GPU support.

and now new .....
record audio in other software?

After these tips, I can immediately delete Vegas and install eg Adobe Premiere.

Pardon. This is not the solution.

Dexcon wrote on 7/26/2020, 6:17 PM

It looks like that you went into 'over-reaction' mode so quickly that you missed the last sentence:

Again, this may not work for you.