What version of Vegas do you use ?

Comments

Serena wrote on 9/2/2006, 9:28 PM
Vegas 6d on all machines -- never any problems. Good point DSE! The discussions on 7 have been quite intriguing, since nobody was talking from experience.
Steve Mann wrote on 9/3/2006, 1:19 AM
Like condemning a movie without ever seeing it?
Wolfgang S. wrote on 9/3/2006, 2:21 AM
But Douglas is right. I also use Vegas7 here - as another beta tester. I am not allowed to say anything more. But I recommend you to test the trial version, when it will be available. And THEN it is up to you to come up with a more based jugement.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti * Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE, 32 GB Ram. Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB) with internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor. Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG, Atomos Sumo

DavidMcKnight wrote on 9/3/2006, 4:51 AM
6.0d

I'll likely upgrade to 7 asap based on what I've seen. I'm chomping at the bit to see if the rendering improvements using my hardware are consistent with what I saw at WEVA.
DrLumen wrote on 9/3/2006, 6:57 AM
Using 6.0d here also.

Just going off the little info available, I will probably upgrade to 7 just for the improvements listed for DVDA 4.

intel i-4790k / Asus Z97 Pro / 32GB Crucial RAM / Nvidia GTX 560Ti / 500GB Samsung SSD / 256 GB Samsung SSD / 2-WDC 4TB Black HDD's / 2-WDC 1TB HDD's / 2-HP 23" Monitors / Various MIDI gear, controllers and audio interfaces

RichR wrote on 9/3/2006, 3:42 PM
V6d on laptop and desktop. Very happy with "d". Still have 4and 5 installed on both also. V4 was the biggest upgrade, which is why I think so many see it as the version to have. Including myself.
cheroxy wrote on 9/3/2006, 4:58 PM
I use V5.

I am purely a hobbyist. I started w/ video factory, upgraded to V3 when it came out. I jumped at the upgrades for V4 and V5.

The only thing I really wanted in V6 was the ability to open veg files on the timeline. I wish I had that every time I use V5, but couldn't justify buying for just that. None of the other features allowed me to do anything to improve my final product (for example bezier opened new doors for me w/ V5, but V6 didn't open any doors). I assume I will upgrade to V7 because of some more "nice" things even if it doesn't open any doors for my improved quality of end product. It will be nice to take advantage of my dual processor computer even though I don't really care about speed since I don't do it for a living.
p@mast3rs wrote on 9/3/2006, 5:59 PM
I use V6d but if V7 doesnt support Photoshop layers then I may be done for a bit with Vegas. The least Sony could do is provide that support since we have to rely on Boris LTD for titling, well decent titling.
TShaw wrote on 9/3/2006, 7:57 PM
Using Vegas 5 here.

I have a 6 month shot coming up next year and still have to pick which cameras to use and that will make me take a look at maybe
moving to Vegas 7. We'll see.

Terry
JeffreyPFisher wrote on 9/5/2006, 4:46 PM
Use V7, but still have V5 and V6 in case a question comes up that needs to be answered. Also found I have V3 on a very old computer. My how far we've come ....

JPF
epirb wrote on 9/5/2006, 5:34 PM
what? you mean V7 isn't coming w/ stock HDV footage of Stonefield models on greenscreen?
It was a supposed to be a plug in "Stoneiscore" I swear I read it somewhere?
That's it I'm trashing my FX-1 and goin back to windows movie maker!

Got V6d.... will undoubtably go to V7 esp. if the HDV workflow is improved and or sped up, that is whats most important to me, red eye reduction and the other little foo -foo gizmos arent important and as many have said we wont know it all till its out, so I reserve any judgment(except the stonefield thing) until the relase date.
quokka wrote on 9/5/2006, 5:46 PM
6.0d

Fantastic version. Cannot remember it crashing, and we use it massive hours, extremely complex layers etc.
Are all those who complain using self built machines? I sit here puzzled evertime I read those comments - is there something wrong with my system that it doesn't crash (- I feel like I'm missing out ).
Only problem has been inconsistent BMD card results - hoping V7 fixes this.
Stonefield wrote on 9/5/2006, 6:24 PM
"stock HDV footage of Stonefield models on greenscreen..."

...why aren't I doing that ??? Oh yeah, can't afford the camera. LOL....

....someday man. It's my retirement plan actually.
fldave wrote on 9/5/2006, 6:32 PM
"stock HDV footage of Stonefield models on greenscreen...
...why aren't I doing that ??? Oh yeah, can't afford the camera. LOL...."

Hey, I'll be in Rochester, NY this weekend. I'll bring the camera. You bring the models. I may even meet you half-way!
RalphM wrote on 9/5/2006, 7:16 PM
Came on board with V4 - transferred the SW to a Jr. High Student last year.

Running both V5 and V6 as never bothered to see if Excaliber bought for V5 would run with V6....

Will reserve judgement on upgrading till I have time to play with a trial version.

Probably use about 10% of the capability of Vegas, but love the stability. It's pretty rare that someone asks for something that I cannot do in Vegas.

RalphM
rmack350 wrote on 9/5/2006, 8:25 PM
Using Vegas 6.0d and will upgrade to V7 if the price is similar to previous early adopter upgrades. Will think about it a little if it's substantially more, then buy it.

I use it alongside an editor who is struggling along with PPro2. Granted, PPro holds out a lot of promise, but he keeps marveling at things that I already know I can do with Vegas. And Vegas is certainly more stable. Just no hardware acceleration...

Rob Mack
Stonefield wrote on 9/5/2006, 10:39 PM
Read my fingers.......

" After - Effects - Plug - Ins "

Swear to god Sony, if ya incorporate this, I will supply you with five years of Sony Vegas/Acid Booth Babes. I'm not kidding.

Stan
Xander wrote on 9/6/2006, 3:25 AM
V6.0d + A3.0c. Went from version 4 to 5 to 6. Never had any real issues with any of the versions. V6.0 looked like a pointless upgrade at the time as I didn't see any new features that I needed. Now I have a dual core PC and use nested .veg files all the time. Was worth it in the end. Will most likely will go for V7+A4.
InformationSponge wrote on 9/6/2006, 5:13 AM
I come from the future and bring good news about Vegas 9.0. It does all the editing work for you, cleans your house, supports the newly released 32 core processors and can create an hour long MPEG in less than 30 seconds. Simply amazing!
Wolfgang S. wrote on 9/6/2006, 5:32 AM
:)

I have started with Vegas4, and still have 4, 5 and 6 installed on my cutting PC.

And now for sure Vegas 7 (here and now).

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti * Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE, 32 GB Ram. Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB) with internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor. Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG, Atomos Sumo

jetdv wrote on 9/6/2006, 7:05 AM
Running both V5 and V6 as never bothered to see if Excalibur bought for V5 would run with V6....

The install program was updated to install for both Vegas 5 and Vegas 6 when Vegas 6 was released. I'll be happy to assist you if you send me an e-mail.
JohnnyRoy wrote on 9/6/2006, 7:38 AM
Using Vegas 7 here. ;-)

I’ve obviously got Vegas 6 and 5 on my PC to test scripts with but I don’t use them for editing anymore. In fact, I had to go back to Vegas 5 to make a veg file for someone and I was lost without the scrubbing cursor in the Pan/Crop window from Vegas 6.

It’s these little improvements that make it worth upgrading to each new release. I know people look at the major new features and say, “I don’t do HD so I don’t need that” but trust me, it’s the little productivity things that really make the upgrades worth the cost. Productivity is time savings and time is money! ;-)

~jr
TeetimeNC wrote on 9/6/2006, 10:07 AM
I'm on 6.0d and have upgraded each time since my start with 4.0. I appreciate that the upgrades are priced reasonably enough that I quickly recoup my investment through gained productivity. I have the same expectation with 7.0.

Jerry
Lili wrote on 9/6/2006, 10:58 AM
I have V5 but will probably wait until V9 before I upgrade (after reading about what it will have to offer!)
Lili