- Choose audio clip from timeline
- With mouse, choose "Open copy in audio editor"
- On audio editor, do some edit and try save (Goldwave used here).
-> Goldwave says that audio file is in in use.
- Switch back to Vegas (alt + tab).
- Choose something else from timeline. Yellow rectangle disappears around audio clip being edited.
- Switch back to audio editor.
- Try saving again.
-> Save is successful.
When Vegas launches external audio editor, it releases file.
Audio editing seems to be possible only when channels (2 ch stereo file) are not combined on Vegas (mouse right click .. channels / both). If trying to edit 'combined' audio, sound is weird.
Build tested: Vegas 20 build 326.