Comments

akwaaba wrote on 10/21/2010, 2:27 AM
Vegas 4,

[ Will upgrade from 9 to 10 next week when we are able to use faster internet connections]

Bought from Derek at Treasure Productions, Singapore.

I was thinking of buying Pinnacle and he changed my mind.....very pleased I listened to his good advice.
marks27 wrote on 10/21/2010, 4:59 AM
* First Vegas: 7 (then 8, now 10)

* purchased online (www.phdsites.com.au)

* Prior: Premiere Elements 1 (after Ulead 7)

I love Vegas
Hogwild wrote on 10/21/2010, 5:38 AM
Vegas Movie Studio 9 platinum pro pack

Purchased from B&H photo online

Have used Pinnacle products from Studio AV/DV through various upgrades to Avid Liquid on a custom built B&H turnkey system.

Running the VegasPro10 trial version currently and like it!

Also have SoundForge and Acid

Also running FinalCut Express on a 27" iMac but preferring Vegas
logiquem wrote on 10/21/2010, 8:17 AM
Vegas 3
SF Web site
Adobe Premiere 6,7

Downloaded, installed, learned Vegas the first night and edited my project in the following 3 days...
Lost 4 weeks of continuous crashs with a Premiere/Canopus combo on the same project before...
bStro wrote on 10/21/2010, 9:51 AM
Vegas 4.0
JourneyEd (academic discount online store)
Was using Pinnacle Studio 8 which I bought to work on my first DVD project and just couldn't take the crashing any longer. Found Vegas, transferred the project there, and never looked back.

Rob
jabloomf1230 wrote on 10/21/2010, 10:10 AM
Vegas 4
Premiere 1.5 (I think)
decrink wrote on 10/24/2010, 5:02 PM
The wayback machine...
I had Vegas 1.0. Since I was from Vegas I thought an audio program from Vegas might be good. Seemed like a weird name, even back then in the Sonic Foundry days. I was using n-track studio which I really liked but was wanting something more. I had an Atari 1040 before all that and you could plug MIDI right into the side. I forget what I was using on that machine. Did Cool Edit have something for that?
earthrisers wrote on 10/24/2010, 5:39 PM
Vegas 1.0, back when it was an audio-only program.
I was already using Sound Forge and so I had a high opinion of Sonic Foundry. I was well pleased when they introduced the multitrack audio environment that was the first release of Vegas.
Can't remember where I bought it. There was no Internet buying at that time, so I probably ordered it by telephone from a dealer I found in one of the audio magazines I subscribed to.
GuidingLight wrote on 10/24/2010, 8:02 PM
Vegas 6

Direct from Sony website

Magix Movie Edit Pro
A. Grandt wrote on 10/25/2010, 4:36 AM
My first Vegas was VP 8.0. version "c" if I recall correctly.
I got it from the SCS online store.

Before that I tried several trial versions of consumer packages, Nero, Pinnacle, etc. And I found them pretty hard to work with, and unstable to boot.
Then I stumbled across Vegas Movie Studio and tried the trial version of it. I bought Vegas Pro 8 the next day. This was something I could wrap my head around, pretty easy and intuitive to start on, and lots of opportunity to tweak and have fun as you learned the details.
remembersrotarydialing wrote on 10/25/2010, 8:48 AM
Apparenlty, I move very slowly; I just unwrapped my retail box version of Video Factory Deluxe. Would you happen to know if this software can still be used toay? I have found that (so far) none of the video editiing software that I have can edit the recordings from my DVDR because the audio is AC3. Can VF Deluxe handle this? Thanks.
brianw wrote on 10/25/2010, 4:42 PM
Video factory 1, upgraded to VF2 soon after then Vegas 3 as a special offer. Never regretted it and have followed with most upgrades to now very happy with V10.
Incidentally that Vegas 3 was a 27 meg download on a very slow dial up. Did it late at night and warned family to stay clear of phones at all cost!!!!
Brian
scissorfighter wrote on 10/26/2010, 8:50 AM
Vegas Audio 1.0a! One of the best audio products out at the time for the PC What was that, 1999? When 2.0 came out, I remember thinking, "Video tracks? Why would I want that?