Annoying problem in Sony Vegas Pro 14.0. Video Zoomed in by default.

Lerc wrote on 3/24/2018, 10:40 PM

for some reason when I put certain videos into vegas (this case it was an mp4 file) the video is zoomed in. I already have scale video to fit preview selected and the project settings match the video but the problem still happens. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Any ideas?

Here is a video better showing what I am talking about:

Comments

Kinvermark wrote on 3/24/2018, 11:23 PM

Doubt there is anything wrong with Vegas here, but maybe (game output not my speciality). More likely a footage interpretation issue or project setting. So.... what are your media details and what are your project settings? Also, did you by any chance set something in the track motion or track level pan/crop ?

Lerc wrote on 3/24/2018, 11:27 PM

Doubt there is anything wrong with Vegas here, but maybe (game output not my speciality). More likely a footage interpretation issue or project setting. So.... what are your media details and what are your project settings? Also, did you by any chance set something in the track motion or track level pan/crop ?

Sadly it is none of those issues. The video opens up fine in any other editing software except vegas. I covered some of the things you suggested in the video.

Kinvermark wrote on 3/24/2018, 11:33 PM

Also....from your video: change project settings footage to progressive 29.97 not upper field first interlaced. Choose a pan/crop preset for 16:9 video. Uncheck "simulate device aspect ratio" in preview window to see if does anything for you (shouldn't). Maybe upload a short clip too.

Kinvermark wrote on 3/24/2018, 11:36 PM

Crossed posts. Just trying to help... don't jump to conclusions. Details please.

Kinvermark wrote on 3/24/2018, 11:37 PM

What is the PAR of your source media?

Lerc wrote on 3/25/2018, 2:47 AM

Solution to the problem: Go to the folder vegas is installed on (Program Files -> Vegas -> vegas pro 14) and search for compoundplug.dll and delete it. Make sure you back up before deleting so it doesn't get messed up.

Lerc wrote on 3/25/2018, 2:49 AM

What is the PAR of your source media?

Thanks for the help but I found the problem. I did some research and found that for some reason vegas doesn't like certain clips from nvidia's shadowplay (couldn't figure out why some nvidia clips did work though). For some reason deleting the compoundplug.dll fixes the solution. This seemed to work on both Vegas Pro 13 and 14, but I did not try it on 15.

NickHope wrote on 3/25/2018, 5:53 AM

You've done the 7th troubleshooting tip in this post and I've just added this case as something that might work for. Bear in mind that compoundplug.dll is used to decode a lot of different media types, so you will probably want to restore it later, as described in that post.

I've seen a couple of cases like this with Shadowplay files. It would be really useful if you could share a short sample file on a cloud service (e.g. on Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, mega.nz, wetransfer.com or mediafire.com) that we can forward to the developers to try and get this fixed.