Problem is still there in Vegas 17!

songsj wrote on 8/8/2019, 1:59 AM

Too bad I won't be buying it then.

philippe-gaudens wrote on 8/8/2019, 6:30 AM

Really too bad !!
I'm going to move to Cubase

Dexcon wrote on 8/8/2019, 7:08 AM

Vegas Pro 17 is an NLE video editing product. If you're going to go to Cubase, you're not going to get video editing are you?

This is like saying that there's something you don't like about a TV that you're considering purchasing, so you'll buy a radio instead.

Last changed by Dexcon on 8/8/2019, 7:26 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Diego_C. wrote on 8/8/2019, 7:12 AM

I make video of live classical music concerts with 20 audio tracks. Just need to put some VST reverb, but seems impossible.
Vegas is a video editing product with (as stated on Magix page) "tools for professional audio editing. With full VST interface support, dozens of effects and real-time rendering, no other NLE provides a digital audio workstation feature set as robust as the tools in VEGAS Pro".
It seems not true to me!

philippe-gaudens wrote on 8/8/2019, 7:42 AM

Vegas Pro 17 is an NLE video editing product. If you're going to go to Cubase, you're not going to get video editing are you?

This is like saying that there's something you don't like about a TV that you're considering purchasing, so you'll buy a radio instead.

I'm mainly a sound engineer and I use my very old Vegas 32bits to achieve my mixes...
I often need to work on videos and I'm forced to separate my work splitting audio and video...
Do you really think I should use two different Vegas to achieve my work ??

When I edit videos, I always need to improve the audio, at least with EQ, compressor or reverb...

This is so frustrating to not be able to do that in Vegas 16, even 17 !! And it goes this way since Vegas 10 64bits !!

It's a real shame regarding the marketing saying the audio part of Vegas is "Professional".

studioredfern wrote on 8/11/2019, 9:08 PM

I've written to support on multiple occasions about this and they have no schedule for addressing this problem. Was hoping that 17 might have provided some hope, but looks like it's not to be. VERY DISAPPOINTING MAGIX!! PreSonus Studio One has been fantastic for my music mixes, just saying.

Chuzz. wrote on 8/12/2019, 12:24 AM

Yeah there are so many other brand new bugs that appeared in Version 14 and 15 which were never addressed, no patches but they expect us to pre-order updates !... LOL The last vegas update had NOTHING in it, a few third party plugins haha and some motion tracking think ( unless you really want that... meh). I pity the fool who upgraded without checking. The only magix here is how they can make money disappear. Same goes for Acid, first they took the VST compatibility away, then they want you to pay to get it back again... so contemptuous and contemptible, it's just bad business.

songsj wrote on 8/12/2019, 12:39 AM

I switched to Reaper after 14 and now only use 14 to lay out CD projects. Do everything else in Reaper. Too bad Vegas was a good DAW many years ago. I really think Magix just does not care about audio anymore and has not for along time. I will not be renewing or updating my version until they rededicate themselves to audio as well as video. I am not holding my breath.

Philippe-GAUDENS3025 wrote on 5/10/2020, 5:31 PM

Hi everybody!
A solution (workaround) as been found to solve audio glitches in Vegas 64 bits.
Check this out !