Change location of recorded files in project only

chap wrote on 5/12/2016, 8:53 PM
Hello there-
I changed the settings of my overall Vegas program (using the INTERNALS tab in preferences) to prompt me for the location of recorded audio in a project.

However recently I accidentally accepted the default location and now one project in particular is saving everything that is recorded into "DOCUMENTS" on my computer.

This makes it hard to move the project back and forth. Is there a way to change only where one project is saving recorded audio files?
thanks
matt

Comments

PeterDuke wrote on 5/12/2016, 10:32 PM
The audio location(s) for a project are saved in the project file. Each project may have its audio stored anywhere, just as for the video. Use the Explorer pane to search for your source files, wherever you have put them.

If you want to change the location of a source file, just move it when the project is closed. Next time you open the project, Vegas will ask where the source now is, and it will remember that when you save the project.
rraud wrote on 5/13/2016, 9:08 AM
"Next time you open the project, Vegas will ask where the source now is"
-and a pop up window will offer the options:
- Search for missing file
- Specify a new location or replacement file
- Ignore missing file and leave it off line
- Ignore all missing files and leave them offline
For newly recorded media, the default folder can be set in "File> Properties"
Chienworks wrote on 5/14/2016, 1:04 PM
You can also move it within Vegas' Explorer window, which not only moves the source file, but updates the project to know where it is now at the same time.
ScreamMario wrote on 10/27/2022, 4:13 PM

In my case, all I had to do was click 'File' on the top right options and click 'Properties'. A window would appear, click on the 'Audio' tab, and below, there should be a 'recorded files folder' where you can change the directory of the recorded audio files.

walter-i. wrote on 10/27/2022, 4:27 PM

@ScreamMario
Nur zur Info - der Thread ist mehr als 6 Jahre alt.....😉

ScreamMario wrote on 10/27/2022, 5:23 PM

@walter-i. I know, but I see that no one has given the solution I found yet, so I figured I should just include it. People from several years in the future might come across this thread, so it's better to give it more answers.

EricLNZ wrote on 10/27/2022, 7:52 PM

@ScreamMario But does your method change the location of recorded files in project only which is what the original poster asked? Or does it change the location for all projects. I'm a VMS user so cannot check in VP.

ScreamMario wrote on 10/28/2022, 3:29 AM

@EricLNZ I think so, I opened a new project and the directory is back to the default place.