clicks in audio from video downloaded from FB

MikeLV wrote on 7/19/2023, 3:14 PM

I downloaded a video from Facebook and dropped it on the timeline and notice these strange clicks that sound randomly throughout the video. Strange thing is that when I just play the video in VLC (or any other player) the clicks are not present. They only sound in Vegas. Here is the MediaInfo data for the file. Does anything here indicate why the clicks? What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you.

Comments

john_dennis wrote on 7/19/2023, 4:55 PM

Follow this procedure and report.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/noise-at-the-end-of-a-clip--140457/#ca884625

Former user wrote on 7/19/2023, 6:28 PM

They only sound in Vegas. Here is the MediaInfo data for the file. Does anything here indicate why the clicks? What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you.

Vegas is not compatible with that codec, Vegas have to fix the problem, it looks like the same codec TikTok uses and possibly other social media platforms. John Dennis has shown you how to proceed .

I"m interested to know do you get a series of random very fast blips either at the beginning or the end?

MikeLV wrote on 7/19/2023, 7:22 PM

I will look at @john_dennis' link and report back.. In the meantime, @Former user, the clip is 1 min 52 seconds long and the clicks/blips in the audio are 5 in total and they all happen in the first 20 seconds of the video.

MikeLV wrote on 7/19/2023, 7:43 PM

Procedure followed, and issue is resolved - thank you!

john_dennis wrote on 7/19/2023, 9:46 PM

It’s beginning to be apparent to me that editing media downloaded from social media platforms requires conforming the media to something from the planet Earth.