Comments

Dimitrios wrote on 4/12/2019, 5:59 PM

I have given up on knowing everything vegas can do. But the users here many of which I also run into on the creative cow board seem to teach me something I didn't know every week. But this one I did know as color curves is my preferred plugin for bright/contrast/color grading. But I've only used vegas for 15 years, you need to get good widetrack.

aboammar wrote on 4/12/2019, 8:46 PM

I bet I'm the only one here who's been using Vegas for over 25 years and just today figured out that you can add edit points onto the Color Curve line, just like on any other envelope in the software.

Makes me wonder what else there is.

Maybe there's one that gets me unicorn rib steaks for dinner.

You are not alone .. I have been using Vegas since its first version and I always learn new things about it from time to time which make me feel like I know very little about it 😂

BTW, Vegas is not 25 years old .. Vegas (Audio Only) is 20 years old, and Vegas (after adding Video) is 19 years old .. but I know, it feels longer than that!

Last changed by aboammar on 4/12/2019, 8:46 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

HP Z1 AIO Workstation G3

Display: 23.6" UHD 4K

CPU: Xeon E3-1270 v5  quad-core @ 3.60GHz, 8MB cache, up to 4GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology

GPU: nVidia Quadro M2000M 4GB

RAM: 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC memory

System Drive: 1TB M.2 (2500MB/s)

Working Drive: 1TB M.2 (2500MB/s)

Storage Drive: 3GB SSD (500MB/s)

Video: Vegas Pro 16 Suite / DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio

Audio: PreSonus Studio One Pro 5

Graphics: CorelDraw Technical Suite 2020 / Xara Designer Pro X365

Image Editing: Corel PhotoPaint 2020 / Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate / PHASEONE Capture One Pro 11

3D Graphics: Maxon Cinema 4D Studio 10

Camera: Sony A7S II / A7 III

Vimeo: vimeo.com/innoviahouse

Grazie wrote on 4/13/2019, 1:06 PM

Here's a real doozie:

In ANY Control with KFs. Add 6 KFs. Rt-Mse+Drag across them so that they're selected. Hold down the ALT and Drag that last KF! They'll start to separate themselves proportionately across the Timeline. Value? You've setup a 5 sec Event but now you want to double (or anything) its length, you now have ALL the KFs clubbed together at one end . . . but now this ALT Drag will spread them. 😎

Dimitrios wrote on 4/13/2019, 4:07 PM

That works. Doesn't seem to have to be 6 though. This might be the most obscure thing yet.

Grazie wrote on 4/13/2019, 7:36 PM

Doesn't seem to have to be 6 though.

Correct. This was only meant as an example 😉.

Another one, for example, is to use Ctrl, instead of ALT and what this does is COPY all those KFs 😀.

Dimitrios wrote on 4/13/2019, 9:06 PM

you should make a things you probably didnt know you could do in vegas video

aboammar wrote on 4/13/2019, 9:24 PM

Great tips, Grazie .. thanks

HP Z1 AIO Workstation G3

Display: 23.6" UHD 4K

CPU: Xeon E3-1270 v5  quad-core @ 3.60GHz, 8MB cache, up to 4GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology

GPU: nVidia Quadro M2000M 4GB

RAM: 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC memory

System Drive: 1TB M.2 (2500MB/s)

Working Drive: 1TB M.2 (2500MB/s)

Storage Drive: 3GB SSD (500MB/s)

Video: Vegas Pro 16 Suite / DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio

Audio: PreSonus Studio One Pro 5

Graphics: CorelDraw Technical Suite 2020 / Xara Designer Pro X365

Image Editing: Corel PhotoPaint 2020 / Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate / PHASEONE Capture One Pro 11

3D Graphics: Maxon Cinema 4D Studio 10

Camera: Sony A7S II / A7 III

Vimeo: vimeo.com/innoviahouse

Grazie wrote on 4/14/2019, 12:35 AM

Ah, so many Chums there..... Only 15 years ago and I was nutz about VP then😜.

john_dennis wrote on 4/14/2019, 12:54 AM

My favorite trick is Malowz Invert, Levels, Levels, Invert . You have to think upside down, though.

Widetrack wrote on 4/21/2019, 11:44 PM
aboammar:

BTW, Vegas is not 25 years old .. Vegas (Audio Only) is 20 years old, and Vegas (after adding Video) is 19 years old .. but I know, it feels longer than that!

I stand corrected. Didn't seem possible, but if wikipedia says it's true . . . .

3POINT wrote on 4/22/2019, 12:46 AM

CTRL+ALT+unicorn+rib+steak.

Widetrack wrote on 8/27/2019, 10:21 AM

I bet I'm the only one here who's been using Vegas for over 25 years and just today figured out that you can add edit points onto the Color Curve line, just like on any other envelope in the software.

Makes me wonder what else there is.

You are not alone .. I have been using Vegas since its first version and I always learn new things about it from time to time which make me feel like I know very little about it 😂

Yes, the years do mush together annoyingly. Sorry for the bad math, but, the original vegas was indeed a revelation to me. If I can trust my memory (an already disproven proposition) I was co-writing a book with David Rubin, to be called The Audible PC, intended to report on all the cool audio stuff you could do with the new, NON-MS-DOS Operating System coming out from Redmond. We were talking to a slew of ambitious, and occasionally talented, guys developing new software for "The Multimedia PC!!!" -- the marketing slogan du jour.

I found Sonic Foundry and their new Sound Forge software, and quickly realized that Monty Schmidt and Curt Palmer were for real. (It also turned out their office was kitty corner across the street from the house I'd lived in in Madison Wisc.) Been hooked ever since.