Comments

_litz wrote on 8/26/2018, 7:12 PM

According to the countdown clock, the upgrade offer has now expired

fr0sty wrote on 8/26/2018, 7:39 PM

I hope the motion tracking in 16 will be fully featured complete and permanent. I'm fed up with getting a new version of Vegas only to find that much lauded features are little more than demos that stop woring when the next version comes out.

It is. It isn't a 3D planar tracker, but it works well for what it does. I imagine we'll see upgrades to it as updates are released.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

_litz wrote on 8/27/2018, 1:26 AM

WARNING : Vegas 16 apparently includes the same bug-riddled DVD Architect 7.0.0.84

ahshing wrote on 8/27/2018, 3:49 AM

Trying to edit my old VP15 project with the VP16, however the hover scrub feature from the project media bin seems not working.

Peter_P wrote on 8/27/2018, 4:11 AM

Trying to edit my old VP15 project with the VP16, however the hover scrub feature from the project media bin seems not working.

@ahshing

It is working here on an existing Vp15 project after I set the proper path in Vp16 to the (moved) media.

zdogg wrote on 8/27/2018, 6:10 AM

Don't use the Trial Ver. 16 on any material, old or new, IF you plan on opening it again in Vegas 15...it won't open once 16 has touched it.... really bad, IMHO....(perhaps unavoidable, who knows?)

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 6:33 AM

@zdogg could you elaborate when this happens and what exactly happens when you try to do this?

I'm switching back and forth with using VP15 and VP16 with the same source media and had no issue so far. I can even have opened both VP15 and VP16 at the same time with same source media in it and it's working fine in both versions.

EricLNZ wrote on 8/27/2018, 6:59 AM

Don't use the Trial Ver. 16 on any material, old or new, IF you plan on opening it again in Vegas 15...it won't open once 16 has touched it.... really bad, IMHO....(perhaps unavoidable, who knows?)

Isn't that normal? Whilst newer versions should open project files from earlier versions vice versa doesn't apply. After all the older version doesn't know about the new features in the newer version. Make a copy to use in 16 in case you need to open the original in 15 again.

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 7:16 AM

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought he could no longer use the source media files in VP15 once them were used in VP16.

zdogg wrote on 8/27/2018, 2:33 PM

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought he could no longer use the source media files in VP15 once them were used in VP16.

Maybe it is an autosave, or If I saved it, don't recall, don't think I did, but after opening up an old project (V15) in 16 I could no longer open it is 15, not even the backup file. Sucks.

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 2:40 PM

If you talk about the project files, not the media source files, then yes, maybe the new "Advanced Save" feature is set to "Live Save" in your VP16. Then it would trigger a save command each time you edit something in your Vegas Pro project.

zdogg wrote on 8/27/2018, 4:05 PM

Yes, I did save, because it would not load easily a long AVI file, so I committed that to save, not knowing I was then putting it OFF LIMITS for ver 15, and I did not rename, which I should have, but ver. 15 to ver 14 behavior was not this way, or even down to ver. 12 I believe,

OR it could be just the trial version, because of the watermark that is included now.....ANYONE???

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 4:21 PM

If a Vegas Pro project was saved with a certain version you cannot open that project file with a version below. That never worked (except of using a 3rd-party version faker).

skyml wrote on 8/27/2018, 10:32 PM

Vegas15 people were promised another revision. I would hope that's still happening. Vegas15 has been a very beta software experience & to make users pay for a bug fixed version by releasing VP16 instead would be a PR nightmare. I would advise Vegas not to do that, it would drive some users away forever.

Yup! Agree whole heatedly. VP15 never worked right, magix never fixed it, their customer support was the worst ever, the role out of of 15 was a massive flop and I was forced to move on to another program because of all of this. Magix refused to grant a refund as well and VP15 is worthless to me. Why would anyone stay with them after an experience like this? Sad part is, I've been a Vegas Pro editor and supporter since Vegas was invented.

Jimbo wrote on 4/25/2019, 1:00 PM

Does Vegas 16 (or any previous version for that matter) have the ability to detect duplicate frames, or to find when video frames have been dropped (due to drift or failure of recording device to keep up with the stream? Thanks so much.

Marco. wrote on 4/26/2019, 1:04 PM

"Duplicate Frames Finder" from HappyOtterScripts does.

fr0sty wrote on 4/26/2019, 1:10 PM

Vegas15 people were promised another revision. I would hope that's still happening. Vegas15 has been a very beta software experience & to make users pay for a bug fixed version by releasing VP16 instead would be a PR nightmare. I would advise Vegas not to do that, it would drive some users away forever.

Yup! Agree whole heatedly. VP15 never worked right, magix never fixed it, their customer support was the worst ever, the role out of of 15 was a massive flop and I was forced to move on to another program because of all of this. Magix refused to grant a refund as well and VP15 is worthless to me. Why would anyone stay with them after an experience like this? Sad part is, I've been a Vegas Pro editor and supporter since Vegas was invented.

You were given the ability to download a fully functional demo to test how the software worked on your system prior to buying it, you didn't, yet you expect a refund? This sort of entitlement goes beyond ridiculous.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)