Consistent crashes of VP18 (repro) with playing and S-cuts

cyro wrote on 8/16/2020, 2:40 AM

When editing MP3 320kpbs audio on the main time line VP18 consistently crashes when I play audio while doing S-cuts and remove sections of audio. VP18 will continue to play the audio but becomes unresponsive and eventually hangs or comes back after a looong few minutes. This is with auto-ripple ON.

I'd say 99% repro :( so back to the old Ctrl-S routine :(
VP18 Build 284 on Win10.0.18362 Build 18362, looks like I can repro this on VP17 as well ;)

Comments

cyro wrote on 8/16/2020, 2:54 AM

Well... never mind, seems like this is an old favorite :(
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/split-delete-while-playing-causing-huge-hangs--122520

Damn, seriously, this has been going on for years and is still not fixed? ouch :(

walter-i. wrote on 8/16/2020, 3:57 AM

Although - I can't imagine how to get a reasonably accurate cut while the timeline is running.
I've never longed to be able to do this, and I can't imagine that I could have this need until the end of my life.
So I can understand - at least in my list of requirements - that this is not on level 1 of the developer's priority list.

Marco. wrote on 8/16/2020, 5:11 AM

It probably is on higher priority because this freeze could also appear by deleting one single event while playback is (accidentally) running anywhere else in the timeline. It just needs a more complex project structure.

I close this one here now because cyro has correctly linked to the main topic where many details to this issues are listed. Better join there.