Dear VEGAS Team, Improve Text & Titles More In New Updates or in VP22

iEmby wrote on 5/16/2024, 3:21 AM

Every user know even with a limited engineering staff you guys are hardworking to improve VEGAS more and more.

so considering that, i want to request you whenever you will have time for this please make Text & Titles more better.

some basic needs and bugs are here.

• BUG: It should show every font corrected. (Some fonts has issue with Title & Text) I will update below link with those fonts.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a1GN1qzm0223jK8X95slF6uO3Uc0DjQk?usp=sharing

• NEED: User can set different colors for characters, words or line individually like in ProType Titler.
  • NEED: Text Background Cropped can be used with at least 'Titles-4' preset. that can be used for custom subtitles.

If VEGAS is finally planned to eliminate ProType Title which is a very powerful tool of vegas till now. Then it will be a humble request to VEGAS team to write in you goal list about giving Text & Titles same features like in ProType Titler.

Appreciate for you work till now.

Keep It Up.

💯

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

-----------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

Comments

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 5/16/2024, 7:16 AM

This topic has already been thoroughly discussed by us and the Vegas team already, and the consensus is that they will be working towards creating a new Titler sometime in the future instead.

lan-mLMC wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:17 AM

They already have experts and resources about Titler, just because its priority is not top high, and there are other higher priority items on their list. So, what you want will happen in the future, you just need to wait patiently.

If more users agree with you, or you can find more users' requests about Titler, it may prompt Vegas Team to raise the priority of Titler.

About Protype Titler, I agree with you. I also hope that they can rewrite it or continue to develop it, or find a solution to completely replace it, so that Vegas will not lose any advanced features brought by Protype TItler.

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:35 AM

Protype titler pro will absolutely not be further developed. It is done!

3POINT wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:43 AM

Protype titler pro will absolutely not be further developed. It is done!

Indeed

About Protype Titler, I agree with you. I also hope that they can rewrite it or continue to develop it, or find a solution to completely replace it, so that Vegas will not lose any advanced features brought by Protype TItler.

False hope, you should know better...

Maybe @VEGASDerek also could make a clear statement here..!

Dexcon wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:51 AM

From https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-protype-titler-deserves-an-update--126089/?page=6 back in August 2021 on this forum:

I've state it before, but here we go again...ProType titler has been deprecated. It really was nothing more than a prototype. We do have the source code for it, but the structure of this code really is not set up in a way for us to do any significant improvements to it. It simply is unmaintainable code that has very little in common with the rest of the VEGAS code base and is basically hacked into place right now. The initial hope, several years ago, was that we could put a user friendly OFX UI around it and exploit the engine ProType uses. That was only marginally successful (thus we got Titles and Text). The real solution is for us to create a new titler and that is what we continue to hope to pursue at some point.

... and ...

ProType titler was not developed by another company. It was developed by a former employee of Sonic Foundry. It was hacked into place to work with VEGAS, after which we took a different direction in our plugin development. You can keep pestering us about this and you will continue to get the same response. ProType Titler will not be developed any more. End of story.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

VEGASDerek wrote on 5/16/2024, 10:05 AM

I have made several very clear statements on this subject previously.

ProType Titler will not be developed any further. That is why it is in the deprecated section of the preferences. End of story.

Titles and Text may have some minor changes/enhancements in the future, but we do not intend to do any significant improvements or changes to this plugin. As many of you know, Titles and Text actually uses the ProType Titler engine underneath, but with an OFX wrapper. That allows us to expose some parts of that engine, but not all the power that the ProType Titler has.

Our ultimate goal is to create a new, modern titler for VEGAS Pro with good power and flexibility, yet with a well thought-out UX associated with it. I can tell you that we are not currently working on this yet. We very much want to do this and we have engineers with expertise in this area, but at the moment they are working on other critical needs in the VEGAS code base, so the new titler has not been able to be started yet.

Everyone wants everything and every new feature to be worked on all at once but, while bigger than it was, the VEGAS team is still quite small for the size of the code base we have. We have to be selective about what we are working on. Our priorities at the moment are the new video engine and a new UI framework. This, along with a focus on a new automated test framework, has been consuming the team over the last year or so. In our judgement, without these infrastructure changes, VEGAS cannot move on in the future to be a successful and competitive NLE option in this tough market.

Wolfgang S. wrote on 5/16/2024, 10:18 AM

A clear statement indeed, and gratitude is due to Derek for that. It seems quite intuitively understandable where the current priorities should lie for strategic reasons, especially given the context of the development team's rather limited resources.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

iEmby wrote on 5/16/2024, 11:09 PM

Our ultimate goal is to create a new, modern titler for VEGAS Pro with good power and flexibility, yet with a well thought-out UX associated with it. I can tell you that we are not currently working on this yet.

Okay with this. Thanks for clear statement on this.

just one request then sir.. please don't remove ProType from VEGAS completely until that new title will come.

bcoz there are so many users out there who use ProType regularly. Like, I have above 80 projects of lyrical videos and so many other presets builds which i can do only in protype.

so i hope protype will be in VEGAS until new tilter comes even keep it in deprecated.

I hope you understand needs of your users.

Thankyou

Appreciate your team's hard work.

keep it up.

👍

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

RogerS wrote on 5/16/2024, 11:36 PM

It's clear they aren't removing anything until there is a new titler. It's been sitting there with legacy text for years and titles and text is built from ProType.

At the point there is a new titler, I hope the 3 current ones go away- how many semi-functional ones does VEGAS need?

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD and 2TB Samsung 980 Pro cache drive, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

ASUS Zenbook Intel i9-13900H with Intel graphics iGPU with latest ASUS driver, NVIDIA 4060 (8GB) with latest studio driver, 48GB system ram, Windows 11 Home, 1TB Samsung SSD.

VEGAS Pro 21.208
VEGAS Pro 22.122

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7