Happy Otter Scripts for Vegas Pro

Comments

Grazie wrote on 2/20/2023, 1:38 PM

If you don't see a checkbox, you're not on the correct version.

@jetdv - Latest version as I redownloaded it. This is what I see:

Restarted and rescan Script Menu - I gotta be doing something wrong . . . No checkbox...

Last changed by Grazie on 2/20/2023, 1:40 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Grazie

PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel Core i9 10900X s2066 * EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB - Studio Driver 551.23 * 4x16G CorsVengLPX DDR4 2666C16 * Asus TUF X299 MK 2

Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

jetdv wrote on 2/20/2023, 1:54 PM

@Grazie Nope, the new one has a checkbox. Open the zip file and it should have this information:

If it's not timed 12:42 in the zip file, it's the older version. (unless the time changes based on your location but the last two should be "42".)

You may want to clear your download files/cache and tell it to download again - or download with a different browser. It may be seeing the same name and not really downloading the new version.

Grazie wrote on 2/20/2023, 2:04 PM

@jetdv - Sure. I’m going to delete ALL the previous downloads and I’ll rereredownload and give it a whirl.

Looks exactly what I want.

Grazie wrote on 2/20/2023, 2:17 PM

You may want to clear your download files/cache and tell it to download again - or download with a different browser. It may be seeing the same name and not really downloading the new version.

@jetdv - Aw man alive:

Nope . . Nada. No Checkbox here.

jetdv wrote on 2/20/2023, 2:21 PM

Let's try this... (changed the file name)

http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/TestWithFormRegionNames2.zip

Grazie wrote on 2/20/2023, 2:27 PM

Before dl your new name, this is what I got:

OK, dl new named script now.....

Grazie wrote on 2/20/2023, 2:34 PM

Well, that worked - splendid!

Perfecto!!!

douglas_clark wrote on 2/20/2023, 2:41 PM

Thanks Edward @jetdv, but the event is not split. I have one long event. In Scene Detection, I only click on Create Regions. The regions are marked, and touching (region end = next region begin). So Event Heal isn't useful in my case. I need a "Region Heal".

The manual procedure is: 1) set IN point at start of first region, 2) set OUT point at end of second region, 3) delete first and second regions, 4) type R, to create new region spanning the two deleted regions. That's it.

(could be a bit more code if the labels are to be copied to the new region.)

Home-built ASUS PRIME Z270-A, i7-7700K, 32GB; Win 10 Pro x64 (22H2);
- Intel HD Graphics 630 (built-in); no video card; ViewSonic VP3268-4K display via HDMI
- C: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB; + several 10TB HDDs
- Røde AI-1 via Røde AI-1 ASIO driver;

Grazie wrote on 2/20/2023, 4:16 PM

@jetdv - Small tweak, please? Once the Region is found, could you make it that the Menu GUI closes down? At present it needs to be manually closed.

douglas_clark wrote on 2/20/2023, 4:52 PM

@douglas_clark

You can do this in Vegasaur for regions that are either adjacent or overlapping.

@wwaag Nice. Thanks for the tip. I hadn't noticed Join Regions in the Markers section of Vegasaur before. I just need to make a small timeline selection over the region endpoints to join, choose Loop Region/Timeline Selection in the dropdown, and hit the Apply button. Exactly what I need! 😎

Home-built ASUS PRIME Z270-A, i7-7700K, 32GB; Win 10 Pro x64 (22H2);
- Intel HD Graphics 630 (built-in); no video card; ViewSonic VP3268-4K display via HDMI
- C: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB; + several 10TB HDDs
- Røde AI-1 via Røde AI-1 ASIO driver;

jetdv wrote on 2/21/2023, 8:15 AM

@Grazie http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/TestWithFormRegionNames3.zip

Grazie wrote on 2/21/2023, 8:49 AM

@jetdv - Thank you for putting up with my more fussy demands - THANK YOU!

And it is now firmly mapped to my Contour Shuttle Pro 2 as a MACRO:

So much more urgent than trying to delve amongst the VP Project Media Pane OR the not so useful, here, EDIT Detail View.

Grazie wrote on 2/21/2023, 8:50 AM

@jetdv - Oh yes, thanks for boosting the FONT! When it first came up, it pushed me back into my swivel chair - wow!

Grazie wrote on 2/22/2023, 12:13 AM

@jetdv - I have three further tweaks, if you have the time to consider them?

1 - Field Width: When I audition my clips, it can result in long descriptive Region Names, which I can’t see in the Drop Down Table. Could you increase the Field Width? Or maybe a Field Size Slider so I could Increase the Field Width?

2 - Word Search: I just know you’re gonna like this one: A Word Search included! See, I did say you’d like it.

3 - Front ‘n Centre: When I click on the “found” Region, on the TL, the whole Found Region shoots to the Right. Could the found Region be made to remain where I place my Cursor and not “jump” to the right?

This Script of yours is working so very well, it should be folded into the VP code as standard. It is lightening fast, making for narrative creation a more urgent, relevant and revealing opportunity. Both yourself and @wwaag have, and are producing many, many scripts that have sustained my VegasPro experience, making for relevant urgency in my narrative creation. Ideas in this business are precious, and demand that they get on the TimeLine, PDQ! Scripting are the Tools that I’ve grown to embrace, without your scripting interventions I don’t know where I’d be?

Keep it up Lads!

NB: A further tweak, sorry, that will have the DropDown immediately appear without the need to hit the down “arrow” 🙏 .

Jack S wrote on 2/22/2023, 5:07 AM

@Grazie With a lot of help from Edward, I've recently got into scripting. Give it a go. You'll love it, and it gives you a great deal of satisfaction.

My system
Genshin Infinity Gaming PC
Motherboard Gigabyte H610M H: m-ATX w/, USB 3.2, 1 x M.2
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Intel Core i7-13700K - 16-Core [8P @ 3.4GHz-5.4GHz / 8E @ 2.50GHz-4.20GHz]
30MB Cache + UHD Graphics, Ultimate OC Compatible
Case Fan 4 x CyberPowerPC Hyperloop 120mm ARGB & PWM Fan Kit
CPU Fan CyberPowerPC Master Liquid LITE 360 ARGB AIO Liquid Cooler, Ultimate OC Compatible
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5/5200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB
MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12, VR Ready, HDMI, DP
System drive 1TB WD Black SN770 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 5150MB/s Read & 4900MB/s Write
Storage 2 x 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors
Generic Monitor (PHL 222V8) connected to GeForce RTX 4060 Ti
Generic Monitor (SAMSUNG) connected to iGPU

Camcorder
SONY Handycam HDR-XR550VE

Grazie wrote on 2/22/2023, 5:12 AM

@Jack S - And take away my continual requests I make of his abilities? I wouldn't deny him the pleasure of my pleas and solicitations, I just couldn't do it.

I'm very pleased you've developed your scripting skills.

jetdv wrote on 2/22/2023, 8:00 AM

@Grazie http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/TestWithFormRegionNames4.zip

With this one, resize the width of the dialog however much you want. The combobox width will follow.

As you type in the box, it will jump to the first match. It looks at the beginning of the label to match and will always jump to the first match as you are typing. It will not look in the "middle" of the label for a match

I'm not sure what you mean by #3. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Set the cursor position to the beginning of the selected region
  2. Set the selection start to the beginning of the selected region
  3. Set the selection length to the length of the selected region
  4. Optionally zooming into that region to fill the timeline area with only that region

Grazie wrote on 2/22/2023, 8:46 AM

@jetdv - Fabulous! As to my about #3, forget it, User laziness/tardiness. Any chance for the Drop Menu to happen automatically? In which case could I still use the Combobox Field width adjustment?

jetdv wrote on 2/22/2023, 8:52 AM

I tried adding the auto opening but it interfered with the resizing. When placed in another place, it "opened" but then closed as the form was redrawn. I'd have to look to find the proper place to put the command to open which isn't in an immediately obvious location. You *can* just click in the box and start typing without opening the box as long as what you type matches the beginning of a region. I guess the other option would be to change it to a list box instead of a combo box... Then it would always open no matter what...

Grazie wrote on 2/22/2023, 8:57 AM

You *can* just click in the box and start typing without opening the box as long as what you type matches the beginning of a region.

@jetdv - That assumes I can remember what is at the beginning 😊.

Auto open in List instead of Combo? What would we lose out on?

Grazie wrote on 2/22/2023, 9:05 AM

@jetdv - The Search works . . 'cept, dufus here, has used actual dates at the beginning: 01-12 etc etc . .

Here's a thought, and this would be truly special: Can I use WILDCARD searches? Like "*ele*" for searching Elephant?

jetdv wrote on 2/22/2023, 9:12 AM

@Grazie Here's one with a text box instead so you can use version 4 or version 5 whichever you prefer:

http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/TestWithFormRegionNames5.zip

"wildcard" searches in a combobox are not easy. Generally speaking, the methods I've seen literally eliminate the other options from the box and have to be refreshed continually. Plus that would mess up the method I'm using the find the matching region (basically the combobox number and the region number are the same so there's no extra information stored anywhere and no additional searching required.) Unfortunately, it's not just a "setting" that can be changed.

With #5, you can only type the first character. But it you type it multiple times, it will go through all that begin with that character.

Grazie wrote on 2/22/2023, 9:34 AM

@jetdv - Ah, that’s a pity on the Wildcard front. Pity. Going to play with #5.

Grazie wrote on 2/22/2023, 10:17 AM

@jetdv - Ah, I see. No Field Search with #5, but it does appear immediately for me to trawl through.

Edward you're a "Gentlemen and Scholar" - thank you.