The vast majority of users are enjoying a smooth, mostly bug-free editing experience with this latest build of VEGAS 20, but there are still some of you out there reporting issues, and since addressing VEGAS' stability has now become a major focus for the team, I want to have a thread where specifically you users who are having issues can tell us about it, and I will make sure the team sees all of these posts. They are determined to make VEGAS a reliable NLE once and for all, and this is how we can help there, by pointing out the holes that remain.
The developers are able to track many VEGAS bugs through their error report system, but some slip through when VEGAS crashes before the error report launcher can report the bug... so this thread is to help close that gap of bugs that don't get reported properly.
Please keep in mind, I'm ONLY looking to hear from VEGAS 20 users who have installed the latest build (326) and are still having problems. This does not include VEGAS Effects or VEGAS Image... those apps are mostly stable as is, but if there's a need, I will make separate threads for reporting their bugs later.
Please post here describing the issue, and if you've already made a thread about it, please link to the thread. Please note that the purpose of this thread is not to help you troubleshoot the problem, that's why we ask you to make a separate thread about the issue, so we can reply without others burying our replies under other posts... The purpose of this is to have one spot where all bugs in this particular build can be tracked and addressed.
I'm trying to keep this strictly bug reports, so any feature requests, complaints, or anything not specifically related to reporting a bug following the below instructions will be removed.
In your post, please set it up like this:
1. Your computer hardware/OS/Driver specs, windows version, and windows version build (To find out which version of Windows your device is running, press the Windows logo key key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK.). Also let us know, if you can find this info, which GPU driver version you are using in your system, be it Intel, AMD, or Nvidia, also please specify if that is a game ready or studio/enterprise pro driver. If some of that is too technical for you to find out, that's ok, but if you can share it, please do.
2. A description of the problem.
3. If available, a description of the steps needed to reproduce the problem.
4. A description of what effects, if any, are being used in your project. This is also true for third party plugins, like New Blue, Mocha, Red Giant, etc.
5. Your project settings (screenshots work great here)
6. If it is a rendering problem you are experiencing, also a snapshot of your render settings.
7. What source your media came from... (e.g. "Panasonic S1, 4K 10 bit AVC 150mbps", or "OBS studio screen recording", "GoPro 7", "DJI Mavic 2 Drone HEVC format", etc). We usually ask for mediainfo reports that are a lot more detailed, but it requires you to install the mediainfo app and run it on each media clip you are using, so we won't bother you with that in this thread unless we need to follow up with you for more details. That said, in the separate thread you make for us to help you troubleshoot your problem, please do include this report, as it increases the chances we'll be able to quickly help you with your problem.
8. This is not always possible to do, but when you can reproduce a bug, catching it on video with a VEGAS Stream or OBS studio screen capture is useful. This lets us see your entire screen, which helps when the problem is something simple to fix, like the FX bypass being enabled, or a mute/solo button stopping the preview screen from being visible, etc., and it also helps us to know exactly what steps you took when the bug happens, in case the text description is vague on details we need (e.g. "VEGAS crashes on the loading screen..." whereas seeing video of it happen, we can see the specific module it was loading when it crashed, if you happen to have left that detail out of the text report.
I know that's a lot to ask, but not only will that help us help you get sorted faster, but it'll help us kill the bug outright.
Thanks folks! Let's help the team make VEGAS Pro the best NLE on the market.