Is this Sept 27 deadline real? Surely not

PeterWright wrote on 9/23/2016, 7:04 AM

I've been too busy editing to do much about it, but I saw something about offers expiring on 27 September.   That's 4 days away, and I still haven't had an upgrade email or found a definitive answer to the question of how much to upgrade for existing Vegas 13 owners.
One link I tried invited me to upgrade to V13.  Please Magix, sort this out and recognise that your best set of customers are existing owners like me who are happy to pay a reasonable price if you would just clear up this crazy confusion.

Comments

ushere wrote on 9/23/2016, 8:06 AM

agree with all of peter's points...

bloody pathetic pr and marketing - and i'm not happy with the way this is turning out at all...

VideJo wrote on 9/23/2016, 8:41 AM

And if you take all reported problems into concideration, I think Magix is going down the slope to the bottom. 

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 9/23/2016, 11:25 AM

Historically at SCS the upgrade price for Vegas Pro was 249.95 USD.
The upgrade price for Vegas Pro 14 from MAGIX is also 249.95 USD.
SCS historically did a release promo where customers could purchase at a reduced price, and also did some other promotions throughout the year with reduced prices.
MAGIX also has a reduced price promo through net notify in Vegas, good until Sept 27.  After this deadline, the upgrade price for Vegas Pro goes back to 249.95 USD.

But, how do I get the 249.95 USD upgrade price later on?

Navigate to this web page. 

https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/vegas/upgrade

Choose "Vegas Pro" as the product you want to upgrade.
Enter in a Vegas Pro serial when prompted.
Choose "please click here to get a special upgrade offer"
Arrive on Vegas Pro upgrade landing page with 249.95 price.
A previous version Vegas Pro serial works to get Vegas Pro Edit or Suite upgrades as well, at their respective historical upgrade prices.
The other former SCS products can also be upgraded here, using the same procedure. 

NickHope wrote on 9/23/2016, 11:56 AM

MAGIX also has a reduced price promo through net notify in Vegas, good until Sept 27.  After this deadline, the upgrade price for Vegas Pro goes back to 249.95 USD.

My Net Notify this morning directed me to  http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14/ , where a Vegas Pro upgrade costs $249.00 now. An Edit upgrade is $199.00 and a Suite upgrade is $349.00.

Anyway thanks for the clarification about ongoing upgrades, and for updating those upgrades via https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/vegas/upgrade to V14. Earlier today they were still showing V13.

NickHope wrote on 9/23/2016, 11:58 AM

My upgrade offers from VP13 just now:

PeterWright wrote on 9/23/2016, 11:28 PM

Good - I now have the new Suite.    I remember a couple of years when the Aussie dollar was above US parity, but now its about 73 cents, turning $349 into A$478, but it's been a year or two since V13, so it averages out ok ...
Peter

PeterWright wrote on 9/24/2016, 3:12 AM

I received an email saying that VidMus has added a comment to this thread, but it's not here.   What happened?

john_dennis wrote on 9/25/2016, 5:10 PM

Yesterday and today, I restored the gold images of two out of four systems, applied maintenance and made tweaks to the applications that I've come to expect since the last images were saved. Now, I'm free to test Vegas Pro 14 exhaustively for two days prior to the expiration of the "deal". I fully intend to do just that except I'm sick of looking at a computer screen. You know about intentions and paving?  

If I had been ready when the email arrived on September 21, I would have had six days to look at the new release.

I like to tinker with new software, but that's not all I do in spite of what my wife says.