Is Vegasaur still being developed?

Comments

Vegas_Pro_Brasil wrote on 10/17/2022, 11:39 AM

@walter-i.

I also received this email today. I believe all registered Vegasaur users have received it.

The last time I talked to the Vegasaur developer he informed me that he was in a new job and therefore didn't have time to work on Vegasaur development.

I hope that the development of Vegasaur returns someday, because Vegasaur really is a magnificent work that manages to extract all the hidden potential of Vegas.

I honestly don't see myself using Vegas without Vegasaur.

3POINT wrote on 10/17/2022, 2:14 PM

+1 I would also add Voukoder. Without Vegasaur and Voukoder I wouldn't use Vegas anymore.

Vegas_Pro_Brasil wrote on 10/17/2022, 3:03 PM

+1 I would also add Voukoder. Without Vegasaur and Voukoder I wouldn't use Vegas anymore.

I agree.

Reyfox wrote on 10/17/2022, 3:07 PM

I can see having a "real" job not depending on sales of Vegasuar to support your family. Especially in these demanding times.

And yes, I too think it's an indispensable addition for Vegas.

Newbie😁

Vegas Pro 22 (VP18-21 also installed)

Win 11 Pro always updated

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 cores / 32 threads

32GB DDR4 3200

Sapphire RX6700XT 12GB Driver: 22.5.1, testing 24.7.1

Gigabyte X570 Elite Motherboard

MikeS wrote on 10/18/2022, 5:26 AM

>Effect controls overlaid on the preview monitor (with a long requested update that improves this dramatically coming in the near future)

Hurrah!

Vegas Post 21 Build 315
Boris FX Continuum for OFX 2024.5 Build 17.5.0.336
Boris FX Mocha Pro Plug-in 2024 v11.0.2 Build 32
Windows 10 Pro - 64-Bit
ASUS PRIME Z390-P motherboard
Intel Core i7-97000K @ 3.6GHz
RAM 32GB (2x 16GB) 2666MHz DDR4
GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

pmjm wrote on 2/7/2023, 7:23 AM

Sorry to bump an old post but this thread came up in a Google search for Vegasaur support. I purchased Vegasaur a few months ago and have sent several messages to support asking for help with the product, all of which have gone unanswered. While I can understand the dev not having time to further develop the product, if they are still taking our money they should at least answer support tickets. At this point I feel as if the "Unlimited online support via email" line on the sales page was false advertising and I haven't gotten what I paid for.

Has anyone gotten a support reply from Vegasaur any time recently?

Cheers and apologies again for reviving a 4 month old thread.

VEGASDerek wrote on 2/7/2023, 8:48 AM

The Vegasaur guys are in Russia...we had previously been in close contact with them, but it has been a while. Gary and I will attempt to get in touch with them again.

VEGASDerek wrote on 2/7/2023, 12:15 PM

Not compatible with the VEGAS codebase.

pmjm wrote on 2/7/2023, 11:44 PM

The Vegasaur guys are in Russia...we had previously been in close contact with them, but it has been a while. Gary and I will attempt to get in touch with them again.

Thanks for this info. If they're in Russia it makes sense that they would stop providing support, as they likely can not cash out the registration funds from Avangate due to the sanctions over the war.