MAGIX ACID Pro 8 and Media Manager? Error . .

Grazie wrote on 4/28/2018, 11:30 AM

I can see and HAVE Media Manager within ACID Pro7, then why am I getting this in my newly purchased ACID Pro8?

Oh yes, I can even select MM in Preferences.

Please advise/explain?

Comments

Former user wrote on 4/29/2018, 10:24 PM

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/acid-pro-7-media-manager-not-working--1194490/

Grazie wrote on 4/30/2018, 12:36 AM

@Former user - Thanks for the link. However I’d previously tried:

• Running as Administrator
  • I do have MM activated in Preferences
  • 64bit here as per VP which does reveals MM

SYNCFUSION

The one thing that the MAGIX teams in Berlin and Madison need to provide guidance on is a long term piece of s/w used in conjunction with Media Manager - SYNCFUSION. Back in 2006, with AP6, had MM being banjaxed, it was a complete and utter nightmare. I hope this is not the same thing.

I/we need clear product direction from MAGIX before we start chasing our tails.

NickHope wrote on 4/30/2018, 12:56 AM

Media Manager got broken for me and many others by Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Edition). The error was related to Syncfusion. Syncfusion provided a patch, but I have been told on good authority that basically there are no plans to do anything further with MM. This is why my PC is left at Win 10 version 1511 and Windows Update disabled. From what I've read, it might still work OK in Acid Pro 7, or with a small/simple database. More in this thread.

In Vegas Pro 15, "Enable Media Manager" has been moved to an internal preference. From your post, it sounds like it remains a visible preference in Acid Pro 8?

Besides the discussion JoelsonForte linked to, which is from Acid Pro 7 days, there are also a couple of comments about Media Manager on the main Acid Pro 8 thread.

It would be more effective to discuss Acid Pro issues on that forum. I think Acid Pro is probably now developed by a team in Germany who are more likely to monitor that forum than this one.

Grazie wrote on 4/30/2018, 1:52 AM

@NickHope: Thanks for your responses. Much to ponder over . . . 😔

I have been told on good authority that basically there are no plans to do anything further with MM.

Oh really?! - Gary? Eric or Derek? Need to know.

This is why my PC is left at Win 10 version 1511 and Windows Update disabled.

So, Nick, do you have MM working in VP then?

From what I've read, it might still work OK in Acid Pro 7, . . .

Well, Nickster, you can take it on my authority 😉 that it still does :

In Vegas Pro 15, "Enable Media Manager" has been moved to an internal preference. From your post, it sounds like it remains a visible preference in Acid Pro 8?

And yes, again, it does appear:

But NOT, repeat NOT in the INTERNAL Preferences. Eh?

It would be more effective to discuss Acid Pro issues on that forum.

Yeah, need direction from you on what is Vegas AUDIO and then an ADD-ON as per a relevant Forum? So if I wanted to discuss here, on the options or issues over MM found found in VP I should rather do it there? The convergence continues, but - In a Galaxy Far Far Away . . .

I think Acid Pro is probably now developed by a team in Germany who are more likely to monitor that forum than this one.

Now THAT is interesting indeed. 😱 You have no idea of the Team?

Last changed by Grazie on 4/30/2018, 1:53 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Grazie

PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel Core i9 10900X s2066 * EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB - Studio Driver 551.23 * 4x16G CorsVengLPX DDR4 2666C16 * Asus TUF X299 MK 2

Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

NickHope wrote on 4/30/2018, 2:48 AM

I have been told on good authority that basically there are no plans to do anything further with MM.

Oh really?!...

Per the community rules, we're not supposed to mention names of Magix employees on the forum. Not sure why you singled out those 3, as the Vegas team is much bigger than them. I begged exactly a year ago at the highest level I could, because MM is crucial for me, but no joy. What we have (MM2.4b) is what we have. I just hope that if MM is replaced by something else, it will be able to import MM libraries. Going forward (to my next system), I'm hoping I will be able to run Win 7 or Win 10 version 1511 in a virtual machine on a current Windows PC. If not then I'll have to keep a legacy machine just for MM.

So, Nick, do you have MM working in VP then?

I do on my desktop, in all VP versions, because it's held at Win 10 version 1511. I do not, on my laptop, because holding it at version 1511 indefinitely was not an option, because it's Win 10 Home and not Pro.

I've never installed any Acid software so I don't know what works or doesn't in that.

Yeah, need direction from you on what is Vegas AUDIO and then an ADD-ON as per a relevant Forum? So if I wanted to discuss here, on the options or issues over MM found found in VP I should rather do it there? The convergence continues, but - In a Galaxy Far Far Away . . .

I think Acid Pro is probably now developed by a team in Germany who are more likely to monitor that forum than this one.

Now THAT is interesting indeed. 😱 You have no idea of the Team?

My guess, and it is a complete guess, is that Acid and Sound Forge software is now developed by developers in Germany who are also responsible for the other MAGIX audio software, while the VEGAS-branded products on this forum are still handled by Madison.

I think it's OK to have the odd thread over here about Acid and Sound Forge, but if you want the developers' attention, or to talk in detail, postings are better on the official forum for those products.

As for Media Manager, I think it's possible with AP8 that it was just sort of forgotten. I'm interested to see what the reaction will be. In my dreams, someone in Germany or Madison chucks in an up-to-date Sycfusion thingy, releases MM2.5, and we're all good.

To discuss Media Manager in relation to whether it works in Vegas Pro, I think it's best done on my thread, because that is the big issue with it as I see it.

Grazie wrote on 4/30/2018, 5:20 AM

Per the community rules, we're not supposed to mention names of Magix employees on the forum. Not sure why you singled out those 3, as the Vegas team is much bigger than them.

Why? Because they've come here and made their profile clear to us, and maybe just maybe might offer a New Horizon of Media Manager clambering over the Fences to come to our rescue. Why else would I do it? :

@VEGAS_EricD

@VEGASDerek

Also Gary has often been here. What else CAN I do that will receive communication with our Forum Chums here?

I've never installed any Acid software so I don't know what works or doesn't in that.

That explains much to me, and explains much to those ACID Heads who do want MM to be running again in AP8. Simple.

Based on what?

Well, it's time for convergence of Effort and for the Scrum Masters of both "Camps"to start sharing with us.

My guess, and it is a complete guess, is that Acid and Sound Forge software is now developed by developers in Germany who are also responsible for the other MAGIX audio software, while the VEGAS-branded products on this forum are still handled by Madison.

I need the parties to get creative and aware of this and get some scraps of development news for MM tossed this way.

I think it's OK to have the odd thread . .

From me? - You can bank on it! 😎

. . . but if you want the developers' attention, or to talk in detail, postings are better on the official forum for those products.

Whilst yours is both sound and honest advice, until I hear some purposeful "reaching-out" from the Berliners, I can't think that MM is on anybody's To-Do list.

As for Media Manager, I think it's possible with AP8 that it was just sort of forgotten.

Well, it's time for Berlin or those who worked closely with the AP8 code to remember.

I'm interested to see what the reaction will be. In my dreams, someone in Germany or Madison chucks in an up-to-date Sycfusion thingy, releases MM2.5, and we're all good.

For sure. We need to keep chipping away . . chip . . chip . . chip . .

To discuss Media Manager in relation to whether it works in Vegas Pro, I think it's best done on my thread, because that is the big issue with it as I see it.

Really? We know it does in VP15 B321 on M$7 - so I'm happy! Not happy that it ain't revealed in my new PURCHASE OF AP8.

"Oh, here's the SPACE where Media Manager SHOULD be. But you Don't have it installed" - Er, yes I do.

NickHope wrote on 4/30/2018, 6:08 AM

Based on what?

Based on it being the official forum for the product. Therefore it's the one that those responsible for the product are far more likely to monitor, and the one that other Acid users are using. It's quite busy (33 posts in the last week) and only likely to get busier: https://www.magix.info/us/audio-forum/acid-product-family/

VEGASDerek wrote on 4/30/2018, 8:52 AM

For a little clarification:

Media Manager support in VEGAS Pro is considered a deprecated feature. Indeed there are some issues with a third party component within MM that are incompatible with current updates to Windows 10 (and other problems exist with updating the software as well). We have determined that effort the resolve the issues with Media Manager to be much larger than the potential benefits of continuing to provide this as a solution for the few (yet very passionate) users who have this as part of their workflow. We are examining the development of another solution for media management (either internal to VEGAS Pro or as an external utility like Media Manager) but I cannot promise when that will be done.

Due to the complexity of the Media Manager tie-in with VEGAS Pro, we cannot promise that this support will remain available in future versions of the software, even as an internal preference. I can say that we do not intend to remove this for VEGAS Pro 16, but I cannot promise anything beyond that.

As for ACID Pro 8, we have had some discussions with the team that worked on reviving that software and Media Manager really was not a topic that was discussed in any great detail. I can communicate with that team and let them know of the problems. It probably makes sense if users experiencing problems with Media Manager in ACID Pro 8, they should post about it in the ACID Pro section of the MAGIX forums and/or submit a support ticket.

Grazie wrote on 4/30/2018, 9:07 AM

@VEGASDerek : Thank you. I knew if I kept tapping, knocking, quietly, we’d get an official line. If the “passionate” comment was directed at me, then rest assured I’m passionate about getting my creative solutions out - Media Manager does it for me. But, if your working on a substitute I’d jump to that one instead. These are tools, get me a better tool I’d use that 😏.

I was seriously reassured to hear you’d spoken with the AP8 Team about reviving MM for the DAW. If there is anything I can do to assist, them please let them know.

Once again Derek, thanks for stepping in.

Kinvermark wrote on 4/30/2018, 10:46 AM

Of course historically, we know media manger was for both Vegas and ACID; hence the confusion about where to go for answers.

For me, MM is not sufficient for Vegas so replacement is the best option. NOTE This is a huge hole in the Vegas workflow that makes long form projects very cumbersome. If I still have MAGIX' ear, please ensure you allow "manual sort order" ala Adobe Bridge & PPro - this makes it possible to rough out a sequence of clips BEFORE dragging them to the timeline. Panning back and forth on a timeline is a real hassle when you have hundreds of clips. True metadata tagging (again, like Bridge) would also be hugely beneficial. I believe this is the kind of feature that would truly play to Vegas' strengths as a great editor.

For ACID, it definitely needs a way to search for instruments, keys, tempo, etc. - but I will post that in the other forum. THANKS!

Cliff Etzel wrote on 5/25/2018, 10:17 PM

With the latest release of Vegas 15 - it seems all the problems I was having have been resolved - thankfully. there are two things I sorely wish Vegas Pro 15 had that is standard even in my old copy of Premiere Pro CS6 - real metadata tagging and the ability to render out text from spoken word within a clip - pretty amazing actually...

I certainly hope MAGIX can implement these two features in the future release of Vegas 16(?)

Dr Zen wrote on 2/15/2019, 5:54 AM

Just in case people are not aware, Sony's beloved Media Manager does work in ACID Pro 8 now!
The trick is to open the 32 bit version of ACID Pro 8, then Media Manager will open and work correctly.

Kinvermark wrote on 3/8/2019, 11:38 AM

@Dr Zen

Thanks for pointing that out ! I can't use ACID (that sounds bad :) ) without MM because it's wayyyyy to slow to search for loops when you have a large collection. 32 bit works fine for me.

Now, if only the devs could get this going again in Vegas - would be ideal for finding sound effects to add directly to the Vegas timeline.