My Computer Is Shutting Off Once My Video hits 80-90% Rendered

zarrie-star wrote on 11/28/2018, 10:35 AM

Hi there,

recently I've started having issues with my sony vegas pro.

I usually haven't had problems with it, up until recently.

My Husband defragged and cleaned our computer, we have plenty of space. Once he defragged it, it was allowing me to render full again.

Just starting yesterday its been crashing at between 80-90%.

Our computer isn't over heating.

Its cleaned.

I don't know what else to do to keep it from shutting off during render.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Zarrie

Comments

john_dennis wrote on 11/28/2018, 10:59 AM

Work this.

GregFlowers wrote on 11/28/2018, 11:40 AM

I had a similar problem. I have a Radeon 390X video card that was overheating. I had to manually go into the ATI software (under Global Wattman?) and set it to turn the fan up so it doesn't exceed whatever temp I set it for. I have to this every time the software updates.

james-ollick wrote on 11/28/2018, 2:17 PM

Are you sure your processor is not overheating? I had that issue and used a free app to monitor the temperature of the CPU. Sure enough, the CPU was overheating. My fan was clean. I did some research and found suggestions that I replace the heat grease that goes between the actual CPU chip and the fan heatsink. That was it, the CPU temp went from a shot down causing 100 degrees C to a normat 45 t o 65 degrees C. I guess the same could hold true for a GPU. Here is a link to the free app to measure CPU temp https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ and GPU temp https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/. The heat grease can be found at a good computer store. If you do this, be sure to apply a very thin film on the fan heatsink after cleaning both the fan contact point and the CPU contact point with at least 91% isopropyl alcohol.

Last changed by james-ollick on 11/28/2018, 2:20 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Home built PC - Corsair case, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard, i9 9900k, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz,  Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB graphics card, Corsair 1000 watt power supply. Windows 11.

VP 21 BCC 2024 Boris FX Continuum Complete, Titler Pro v7. Various NewBlue effects.