OT: What do you look like?

Comments

rmack350 wrote on 2/21/2008, 3:20 PM
What was the line Groucho gives Margaret DuMont in Cocoanuts?

"I'll meet you tonight under the moon. Oh, I can see you now—you and the moon. You wear a neck-tie so I'll know you."

Somehow you put me in mind of it. probably the phrasing ;-)

Rob

Serena wrote on 2/21/2008, 4:52 PM
This thread is an Interesting exercise and was started to test how our mental images match up with actual faces. I get an impression that most of us wish that our own images were a better match to our internal perceptions, which is interesting in itself because, in my judgement, a lot of nice portraits have been posted. But the importance of images is shown by finding myself judging which people I think I could work with (i.e easily --- you can work with most anyone when necessary!). This points up the importance of images we post on our "customer getting" websites and that we should let others decide which to use! Speaking of famous quotes, my judgement is always clouded by hearing in my mind that refrain from G&S:
" She may very well pass
For forty-three
In the dusk,
With a light behind her!"

NO comments on that, please!
johnmeyer wrote on 2/21/2008, 5:59 PM
Well, if we are going to quote Gilbert & Sullivan, the one that comes to mind is the delightfully treacherous diddy from The Mikado, which seems to apply to some of the OT posts here.

Excerpting:

"As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,

epirb wrote on 2/21/2008, 7:36 PM
kairosmatt:
yes and no among the things i have done i was as a tech in the Marineindustry for years. I specialized in the High Tech stuff ,other techs would ask for help to find the problem. My name is Eric and many of them just kinda started saying use the "E" pirb to find the problem.
It has another meaning thats best left of the forum, a ways back there was a thread kinda like this about our screennames/handles.
autopilot wrote on 2/21/2008, 8:13 PM
Vegas youngster here! (runs & hides)

I'm the tall one on the left hanging on to the lion's ear. This was taken in Yangshuo, China, a couple years back.

Soniclight wrote on 2/22/2008, 6:20 PM
Autopilot,

You opened with... "Vegas youngster here! (runs & hides)"

My remark about the majority of us seeming to be baby boomers was simply and observation - not an indictment of biosuit age digits.

So hiding is not acceptable, dude :)

In fact, it's at times humbling how I've met people half my age (I'm 53 according to my river's license but just can't relate to it at all) and if one is to do the pointless ego comparison game...

I can wish II had been as together as they are now when I was their biosuit age. At the same time, people in my age range have traveled through some things that simple age mathematics tends to offer, both good and not-so good.

So everything is relative.

The fact that you hang out here and most likely learn from many of these old hands at the wheel of editing (of which I am not one) only proves that age isn't an issue. We're all on equal footing here, regardless of professional accomplishments or driver's license data.

OK, 'nuf pontificating on the freakin' obvious.
Chienworks wrote on 2/22/2008, 7:37 PM
I have a friend who, for the past 20 years, has referred to herself as "a very mature 4 year old."

I think that's an excellent outlook!
Jessariah67 wrote on 2/22/2008, 8:20 PM

This was taken BEFORE I started trying to finance my next feature...
autopilot wrote on 2/23/2008, 8:41 AM
I was just giving most here a gentle jesting' - there are a few here younger than me, of course. =)

I'm also bouncing off the reply about thinking most of the younger crowd being on FCP. Well, maybe they are, but most of my friends are using Vegas (or Premiere Elements).
QueenGeek wrote on 2/23/2008, 10:43 AM
Where are all the women??? 8-}
Soniclight wrote on 2/23/2008, 12:53 PM
"Where are all the women??? 8-}"

Now there is a zeitgeist Q to make this thread break all posting records.
And of course, we all want pics of ye editor-goddesses too (most respectfully requested, of course :)
QueenGeek wrote on 2/23/2008, 1:26 PM
Ha Ha Ha. You and everyone else... I, like most here, spend much of my time BEHIND the camera. There are very few photos of me out there. You'd almost think that was planned. :) Here is one of the last ones made. I think it's about 2 years old.

www.tinnel.net/images/qg_photo.jpg

I may have to tweak something to make the link work. I turned on hotlink protection because folks were leaching graphics off several of my sites...

But I AM wondering... are there really not that many women into video editing. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. My day job is in an engineering environment, and most of the technical folks are guys. I seem to be an anomaly. :(

Tom Pauncz wrote on 2/23/2008, 2:27 PM
Hmmmm...
This is an interesting picture of QueenGeek:
Hotlinks to graphics on this web site are strictly forbidden. Please contact the owner of the site you were viewing and kindly ask them to not engage in bandwidth theft.

That's the site response to the link you gave us..
Tom
QueenGeek wrote on 2/23/2008, 2:45 PM
Sorry. That's the leach protection kicking in...

Try this instead:

http://www.tinnel.net/qg.html

Tom Pauncz wrote on 2/23/2008, 3:33 PM
Thank you. Pleased to meet you. :-)
Tom
Soniclight wrote on 2/23/2008, 3:52 PM
And that's one handsome and wholesome looking son (?) you have too, QueenGeek :)
QueenGeek wrote on 2/23/2008, 5:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, that's Thing-2. Thing-1 is a full blown teenager complete with a mop on his head and aspirations of being a rock star... just keep repeating to yourself, this too shall pass. When it gets to the point that you can't and don't want to understand your kids' music, well... I feel SO old.
Guy Bruner wrote on 2/24/2008, 3:52 AM
Well, I'm late to the party. Good job, John!

Recent Picture
cheroxy wrote on 2/24/2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry, waaaaayyyy too much old blood on here. I have to represent for us young'ins

I'm the dark shady guy all the way to the left.
PeterWright wrote on 2/25/2008, 12:02 AM
buster - ever since this thread started I've been wondering whether you'd do that!
MUTTLEY wrote on 2/25/2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks Johnathan for finding a link!

- Ray
www.undergroundplanet.com
quoka wrote on 2/25/2008, 8:47 PM
I was hoping Coonass would post his picture so we could all download, cut his face out, stick on a voodoo doll and .........

Just Joshing!!!!