Sony employee amnesty

Robert W wrote on 4/3/2009, 1:20 PM
As it is often tricky to gauge what an individual's relationship is with Sony, I thought I would start a thread where users can declare whether or not that have a direct financial interest in Sony.

So would people please hold up their hands if they are:

a) A paid regular employee of Sony or its subsidiaries

b) An individual or company owner paid by Sony to demonstrate Sony Products

c) An individual or company owner paid by Sony to market Sony Products

d) An individual or company owner paid by Sony to teach the use of Sony Products

e) A Sony shareholder

f) A beta-tester (not including unpaid beta-testers) or software developer paid to
contribute to the development of Sony Products

g) An individual who in the past has been in receipt of hardware or software, or gifts or holidays on a complimentary basis.

h) Related or in business with anybody in categories a) to g)

Just for clarity, as far as this thread goes, a 'direct financial interest' does not include the use of Sony products which you have paid for as tools for you business use.

Those of you for whom category a) to g) does not apply may declare "At present I have no direct financial interest in Sony" or a near equivalent.

Comments

Robert W wrote on 4/3/2009, 1:22 PM
I'll start:

At present I have no direct financial interest in Sony.
DavidMcKnight wrote on 4/3/2009, 1:26 PM
i) None of your damn business

j) Why do you care?

This gets my vote as the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen.
Even tops some of BillyBoys!
kairosmatt wrote on 4/3/2009, 1:29 PM
I don't think its that ridiculous. There are lots of gear recommendations on this board, so its fair to know if there is any bias.

Nobody says you have to speak up, its just in the interest of fair-game.

I don't have any sony affiliation.

kairosmatt
John_Cline wrote on 4/3/2009, 1:47 PM
Yes, I own Sony, all of it. I have instructed SCS to make sure that your particular copy of Vegas is loaded with bugs that don't affect anyone else.

I agree, this is a ridiculous thread. Are you suggesting that there is some sort of conspiracy to plant people in the forum to talk up Sony products?
ingvarai wrote on 4/3/2009, 1:55 PM
JohnCline:
> Yes, I own Sony, all of it

Hey, I told you that we do not need to hide my shares anymore. So to correct John, he owns 74% and I own 26% of Sony. Seriously, I want more, since I am the one who do the software development. Currently I am working hard on Vegas 11 now. Yes, #9 was ready a long time ago, but John insisted on milking our customers for all the Vegas 8's worth, so release is still out in the blue. And since he has the shares majority, he decides.

invarai

ingvarai
JJKizak wrote on 4/3/2009, 2:06 PM
Sony Confucious says, "It takes a long time to turn a battleship".
JJK
Chienworks wrote on 4/3/2009, 2:26 PM
I have to agree completely with DavidMcKnight.

Take the posts you see here at face value. Use your own judgment to decide whether you want to use the information or not. Robert, in case you haven't noticed, those who are officially part of Sony Creative Software have a little blue rectangle next their names. That's really all you need to know.

I'd say this isn't only the silliest thread here, but probably the most insulting one too.

rmack350 wrote on 4/3/2009, 2:30 PM
Yep. It trolling. Totally masturbatory.

Rob
Laurence wrote on 4/3/2009, 2:45 PM
No I get no money from Sony for my occasional praise of their products. If they ever start giving any out though, I'd like to be first in line.

;-)
Terje wrote on 4/3/2009, 2:50 PM
>> So to correct John, he owns 74% and I own 26% of Sony.

OK, I'll raise my hand too. I own the last 13%. Sony is that big. They don't even care about maths. They have 113% of their shares in the market. And I know for sure that they are hiding some in their basement.
ushere wrote on 4/3/2009, 2:53 PM
i repeat, it's a dead parrot.
Robert W wrote on 4/3/2009, 2:58 PM
I can't see what the problem would be with declaring an interest. I'm just curious.
blink3times wrote on 4/3/2009, 2:58 PM
Robert....
You truly don't understand why Sony has not welcomed your invitation to be a free beta tester??

Just look at your post.... it says it all..... DUH
Robert W wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:00 PM
Well fine, whatever, but still, I would like to know who the people are on this board that are in Sony's pay. I am not drawing any conclusions, I would just like to know.
blink3times wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:04 PM
And what business is it of yours?
CorTed wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:10 PM
Why is everybody so defensive regarding Robert's question.

I could not care less, or reply to his post if I feel it is none of his business.
He should be able to ask whatever he wants.
Could everyone please raise their hand if you are editing in your underware. Does not mean you have to answer him.

btw I sometimes do......

Ted
farss wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:12 PM
I fall under g).

Coffee mugs, hats, a really nice jacket, a mouse.

I've also been offered free call girls in Vegas and a few lines of coke.
Actually I'm not certain if that was an invitation only Sony bash on the strip or not, my memory of that night is a bit hazy.

Bob.
blink3times wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:17 PM
Defensive? No... more curiosity than anything else. Does Robert really expect people to answer such a stupid question?

I wouldn't give this guy the badge number off my boyscout uniform much less my various investments, interests, and any other personal information that I may have lurking in my closet.

I'm just totally curious as to what kind of person would ask something so dumb.
Robert W wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:18 PM
Blink, I would just like to know where people are coming from when they offer their opinions. If it is such a stupid question, why not ignore it? Every time you respond it jumps to the top of the list. And then people start calling it trolling. I would have thought it was a perfectly reasonable question to ask.
farss wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:26 PM
It's not actually a reasonable question, all joking aside.

Sony appears to have a corporate policy of employees not posting in fora. In fact they don't even read fora, I've had to copy stuff from various places and email it to Sony to get their attention. I've had them say things like "How do you know that, we got the same info in an internal memo AFTER you emailed us.

In fact apart from the RED team the only company that has had an employee post in a forum is Panasonic.

The one and only exception to this is SCS people and they clearly identify themselves here.

Bob.
Robert W wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:32 PM
To be honest Bob, I think there is no problem with everybody laying their cards upon the table. I am fairly sure I am not the only one wondering who is working for who. At the end of the day, if things as how you think they are, then I would expect be a whole big list of people saying they have no direct financial interests. I would rather eliminate my suspicions than have them continue to bother me.
Stringer wrote on 4/3/2009, 3:57 PM
" ...I would rather eliminate my suspicions than have them continue to bother me. "

let's add ' i ' to the poll..

i) Who would be perfectly happy for Robert W's suspicions to continue to bother him ?

( Stringer raises hand ... )
blink3times wrote on 4/3/2009, 4:35 PM
oh come on... Robert's suspicions should bother you tremendously. He's a very important person you know. He talks to Sony reps, and wishes he was on the Beta team... why I think Sony should just bow down to him :)
Robert W wrote on 4/3/2009, 4:58 PM
Blink, you make so much of how all these bugs are unsubstantiated and how I am making a fuss and getting frustrated over nothing ,and it is wrong for me to express these feeling in this forum, but not once have I ever seen you actually scientifically and logically explain why any of my complaints are unfounded. You have just tried to repeatedly suggest that I am in some way deficient or incapable of making reasoned complaints.

The fact is if I were not a tough as nails, call a spade a spade type of person I would not be in the position I am in now where I actually have an opportunity to forge a career in film and TV. If I cared what the people who are in my way thought, I would not be in that position.

If you are in the UK tomorrow, go to WHSmiths, pick up Blue Ray and DVD Review. go to page 105, there is a half page 4 star review of my first commercial production. Last month it was Mojo, the month before that it was five stars in Record Collector. Just a over three years ago I was still working around the clock in supermarkets and in traffic warden's offices, slogging so I could make the money to give me these sort of opportunities, which I entirely created by myself. I am determined to be a self made man, and I will not accept compromise with standards. If you want to that is fine, but you will not sit there and accuse me of being arrogant because I expect what Sony promises to deliver. I have just as much right as anyone to pass comment or make observations or to complain, and I will use it as I see fit.

I am a workman and Vegas is one of my tools. I expect them to do what they are meant to do.