Spot laid up ...

Comments

Yoyodyne wrote on 6/19/2009, 7:53 PM
Sending all my good karma your way dude, get well wishes from Portland (by way of Maui)

Burk
winrockpost wrote on 6/19/2009, 8:00 PM
Wishing you well,Mr DSE,, a challenge you will no doubt attack
Dave Rocchio
TGS wrote on 6/19/2009, 9:07 PM
Even I, from the bottom of the video editing barrel, wish you a full, speedy and as painless a recovery as possible. If you never meditated before, now might be the time to read up on it.
You have time on your hands. Maybe invent some underwear made out of that 'super-ball' material. ( jk)

Seriously, I cringe, just thinking what you are going thru, now. The thought of a Catheter alone will do that and I've never had one.
Good luck, Douglas.
TGS
markrad wrote on 6/19/2009, 9:16 PM
"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
I truly hope the saying holds true for you Douglas.

I'll be praying for your recovery.

Mark
Fort Worth, TX
kdm wrote on 6/19/2009, 10:26 PM
Best wishes and prayers for an unusually fast recovery and a quick return to normalcy for you DSE!
Jeff_Smith wrote on 6/19/2009, 10:39 PM
Holy Mackerel!, I just caught up with this post. Spot, my sincere prayers for your recovery. My media experience has been inspired by your contributions starting when I switched from Ulead to Vegas Video 2.0, however long ago that was, and your continued tireless contributions are greatly appreciated. I know you will get back on that horse.
Best,
Jeff
BrianAK wrote on 6/20/2009, 6:32 AM
Get well, sounds like you make it through the woods, now just need to take it easy and recover.

Make sure you get some video of Mannie changing your bedpan!
Earl_J wrote on 6/20/2009, 4:00 PM
Hello everyone,
not to push any religion here, honest...
The chat about praying for DSE upon learning of his injuries brings up an interesting topic... some of which is scientifically studied here...

http://home.sandiego.edu/~ktimpe/research/prayers.pdf

Go if you are so inclined - otherwise, don't ... the choice is yours to make... not that you need my permission to make that choice in the first place.

@DSE, our prayers continue for your recovery. . . having fun can be a serious business ... we're glad that you're still able to have fun again and praying that it will occur sooner than later. . .

Until that time. . . Earl J.
tmack wrote on 6/20/2009, 6:47 PM
Spot,
We have a mutual friend, Brian Keane. My prayers are with you.
Sidecar wrote on 6/20/2009, 7:01 PM
What can we say but "heal and get better, friend."

Titanium, eh? The bionic man! Or was that Terminator? Should be interesting explaining your way through airport security....
jaegersing wrote on 6/20/2009, 7:25 PM
Spot, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope to see you again in Singapore before too long.

Richard
corug7 wrote on 6/20/2009, 7:32 PM
My best wishes to you on your recovery, and also my thanks for all the times you've responded to my posts. I am much better at what I do because of your advice and generosity. You are definately missed around here.

Corey
LongTallTexan wrote on 6/20/2009, 9:14 PM
God bless brother and God speed.

L.t.
ken c wrote on 6/21/2009, 8:02 AM
Hi Spot, best wishes for a healthy recovery -- you've got a strong spirit and I trust you'll come through this ordeal ok ... I hope you do well, and stay strong and patient as you get better in time. Take care!

-ken
freeLANCEr wrote on 6/21/2009, 3:57 PM
Thinking of you Spot. All the way from South Africa. Get well soon. I will always remember my first days with Vegas and your unselfish help. You are worth all the best wishes you are getting.
newhope wrote on 6/21/2009, 9:51 PM
Just back into the real world and internet after six days away on location and read this thread.

Horrible news, but from Spot's posts I can see there is some light at the end of what, I guess, is a painful tunnel right now.

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery Spot.

Stephen and Ourania Hope
New Hope Media
Brad C. wrote on 6/21/2009, 10:32 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you, your family, and friends that are helping you Spot. Determination and patience will get you through.

God bless,
-Brad
owlsroost wrote on 6/22/2009, 4:54 AM
Get well soon....

Best Wishes,

Tony
dibbkd wrote on 6/22/2009, 6:18 AM
Hope you get well soon!
Dan Sherman wrote on 6/22/2009, 9:42 AM
Don't know what to say that hasn't been said.
Only that you are in my thoughts (and prayers if that's OK).
Speedy recovery.
Everybody's pulling for you Douglas.
Him too.

Widetrack wrote on 6/22/2009, 5:17 PM
Spot:

Get better soon, and we'll have you up here in the Columbia River Gorge doing some windsurfing!

All our best wishes. your positive outlook will pull you through this.

WT
Cliff Etzel wrote on 6/22/2009, 6:15 PM
Spot - if it weren't for you, I'd never have begun using Vegas - I hope all the positive energy from those here helps in your recovery - positive vibes from Oregon going your way

Namaste'

Cliff Etzel
Videographer : Producer : Web Designer
bluprojekt
Spot|DSE wrote on 6/23/2009, 6:48 AM
thanks again for all the encouragement guys. The kind words help offset the continual bad news. Total tally to date:
Crushed pelvis (lots of bolts and screws there)
Crack in left hip/ball joint
Destroyed ACL (right knee)
Destroyed MCL (right knee)
Perforated bladder
Broken sacrum/coccyx
L1, 3, 5 lost transverse process
Broken talus (left ankle)
Damage to sciatic nerve
And a partridge in a pear tree.
I've been released to go home provided I can demonstrate that someone will be with me at all times, accept in-house therapy twice a week, and outside therapy three times per week. So...once I pass my walker/crutches/wheelchair tests, then I get to go home. Hope I pass all three.
Thanks again for the kind words, the encouragment, thoughts, prayers, etc. The IMC/ICU and myself are grateful to the anonymous Vegas user that sent a huge box of chocolates. I shared with the trauma, orthopedic, Urology, and general staff that were part of the surguries.
Amazing what a quarter inch piece of nylon can do to you, and more amazing is that I survived the incident in spite of it. Try to avoid hitting brick walls at 25 mph. Stupid hurts.

~d
megabit wrote on 6/23/2009, 6:51 AM
We're all with you, Spot!

Piotr

AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP2933  | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)