The new Microsoft Edge Browser

Dexcon wrote on 6/9/2020, 8:20 AM

I recently got an email from Microsoft to update Edge to a rebuild version of the Edge browser. First observation was that the new build is a way lot quicker to load websites than before. But a great advantage with the new build for users of this forum is that when a post/comment is in a language other than your home language, Edge raises a pop up that offers to translate that language into your home language. For example, in a couple of recent comments on Vegas Pro's forum which were posted in German, clicking yes to translate instantly converted German into English - on the Edge page. No more having to copy/paste into a 'translate' webpage. It's really good.

Comments

walter-i. wrote on 6/9/2020, 3:46 PM

With Firefox you can help yourself with the add-on "ImTranslator", the whole website can be translated with just one click - also without copy and paste.

Camcorder: Pana HDC SD909, Sony FDR-AX53
Hardware: CPU i9-9900KS 4GHz, 32 GB Ram, GTX 1660 SUPER, ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming, SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2, SSD 860 EVO Series 1TB, Toshiba 3TB SATA, WIN 10 Pro
NLE: Vegas Pro11-15+17, Heroglyph4, RespeedR

Former user wrote on 6/9/2020, 8:45 PM

Google Chrome seems to have this built in as well. Just right click and select translate.

set wrote on 6/9/2020, 10:41 PM

If you have Google Translate extension, that can help translate without the need to go to separate tab, translate to the browser's preferred language setting if I correct.

Dexcon wrote on 6/10/2020, 4:47 AM

It looks as though MS Edge was last of of the blocks on auto-translating. BTW, Edge's translate function does allow the translation to occur automatically with needing to click the tab if so desired.