Think I may have lost another job ....

Comments

nlamartina wrote on 10/18/2002, 9:21 PM
Because I don't know any better. :) I'll look into reshacker. The batch file seemed like the easiest quick-n-dirty method to accomplish this, aside from having the mock splash kickstart Vegas after it loaded, but I don't know how to run an EXE from within the code. I only know the most basic stuff, very little about scripting. But maybe I have an excuse to learn more now.

- Nick
MJhig wrote on 10/18/2002, 9:25 PM
PT = Alsihad

Vegas = Alsineeds
Geoff_Wood wrote on 10/19/2002, 2:31 AM
MultiForge, Forge Ahead (oops, no), Vague Arse (or 'Vague Ass' for Americans)?
Rednroll wrote on 10/19/2002, 10:11 AM
Why not just call it "Sonic Foundry Pro Audio/Video". Afterall, who was cakewalk pro audio made by? ahhhhh...cakewalk?
WT wrote on 10/19/2002, 11:46 PM
Or, "I Can't Believe It's Not Pro-Tools!"

nyuk nyuk...
WT

noFony wrote on 10/20/2002, 12:07 AM
No. Cakewalk products are made by Twelve Tone Systems, Inc. So whatsyerpoint?
I think they should call it "Vegas Video Dumbass, You Wanna Talk Names or Get To Work". I think the probably less than 1/4percent of users who have a problem with the name should get PT or whatever and stop worrying about NOTHING. :) cause it's a beautiful world we live in. The way people comb their hair, shows they care,... for you! I picked my nose today!
I told a colleage I was using Vegas and he said "what's that?" and I poked him in the eye and said, "Whatayastupid?". I think I lost a good friend:(. Hey Mikey! Is that Vegas your using? He likes it! Hey Mikey. I hope your finding my post as interesting as I found the ones preceding this... No really... (.)(.) Peek a boo!...BORED...good night [)
jcarney42 wrote on 10/20/2002, 4:39 PM
To Kilroy, thanks for the input. I had an argument with a pro tools user who said I couldn't do what I said I could do, and ONLY pro tools could do it. No matter what I said, this individual just wouldn't believe soemthing existed other than Pro Tools. I think I will print your post and show it too him if you don't mind.
Let me know please.

about the name...., at first I felt the way many did about the name. But it seems the name everyone here loves to hate is getting lots of mindshare around the market. Everyone remembers 'Vegas Video'. People I know who are editors and musicians, ask me whats all this about a program called 'Vegas Video'. Them I tell them. And if they are patient enough, I show them. Word of mouth about SoFo products is doing what no marketing campaign can ever do. Not for any amount of money. At this point Sofo would be making a huge mistake to change the name. Then all of us talking about would have to start over. hehehe. Among professional musicians,video editors and independent film makers... slick names and clever marketing campaigns are useless. Word of mouth is everything. In that vein, Vegas is doing quite well. Thats why I bought it. Several people whos' opinions I trust, convinced me to try it out. I did, they are right, now I recomend it to others. I've actually read posts over at dv.com where Mac users wished SoFo would port it over. Those are comments only word of mouth can generate.

(Not trying to start a flame war here, honest).

Geoff_Wood wrote on 10/20/2002, 5:11 PM
> jcarney42
> Everyone remembers 'Vegas Video'....
> slick names and clever marketing campaigns are useless. Word of mouth is
> everything. In that vein, Vegas is doing quite well.

'Vegas' is doing quite well, or 'Vegas Video' ? I rest my case ;-)

> I've actually read posts over at dv.com where Mac users
> wished SoFo would port it over.

Well, we *could* port those Mac users over to PC ... ;-)

geoff
drbam wrote on 10/20/2002, 5:27 PM
<<Well, we *could* port those Mac users over to PC ... ;-)>>

Actually I am a long time Mac user who did just that; originally, so I could use Acid 1.0 and Sound Forge. After Vegas came along I've never looked back except to occasionally confirm that I made the right decision. ;-)

drbam
Rednroll wrote on 10/20/2002, 6:54 PM
I Second that Drbam. I was originally on MACs until Sound Forge and Opcodes Studio Vision came along on PC. Then when Acid hit the PC and MAC had nothing to compare to it, I started to get a big grin. Then came along Vegas and I have never looked back to using Protools or a Mac again.
jcarney42 wrote on 10/20/2002, 10:43 PM
'Vegas' is doing quite well, or 'Vegas Video' ? I rest my case ;-)

riiiiiiiiight, For some strange reason I thought I could use the shorthand reference in this forum and everyone would understand. My bad.
If I confused you, I apologize. ;-))) (Please tell me you're not taking all this seriously).