Using stretch for review - Question or Feature Request

NCARalph wrote on 9/30/2018, 3:25 PM

I like to review my rendered video by opening it in a new project and using stretch to squeeze it to 1/2 to 1/3 the length to go through it faster without the chipmunk effect.

I use the Properties->Playback in the Video track to set it exactly to 2 or 3 so I can easily locate problems in the original, but there's no equivalent I'm aware of for Audio tracks to get an exact stretch.

What I'm currently doing is: ungroup the audio and video, set the video playback speed, find the marker where it repeats, shorten the video to that marker, then stretch the audio to match. This works, but is kind of rinky dink.

Is there anyway to link the audio track to the video when the playback speed is adjusted? If not, could this be added as an editing feature?

The percentage display kind of works, but I'd like to set it exactly.

Comments

Grazie wrote on 9/30/2018, 9:16 PM

I use my Contour Shuttle to find issues by zooming in<>out and fast forward<>backwards. Works well. Now the Audio Previewing issue I don’t understand your issue. Please explain?

NickHope wrote on 10/1/2018, 11:34 PM

Here's a recently-active discussion thread for the feature I think you are requesting: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/suggestion-speed-up-down-timeline-playback-rate-preserving-pitch--105358/

With regard to your workaround, you can stretch an event by holding CTRL while dragging the end of any of its streams. No need to ungroup etc..