Vegas 21 Keeps asking me to Activate and register

Julius_ wrote on 8/25/2023, 2:50 PM

This came out of no where....Been using Vegas 21 for about 2 weeks without issue. Today, in the middle of an edit, I got the Windows blue screen of death, reboot, re-start Vegas and I got a error code 59 (something about cannot find the license file).

I re-install Vegas 21 and got it up and working, except that, every time I start Vegas I get Welcome activation screen to enter the serial number and to activate and register.

I checked my Magix account and it's all in order. Pc hasn't changed.

What gives?

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 8/27/2023, 7:10 AM

The Windows BSOD is not good.

First of all, check out this 2018 forum post about error code 59: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/error-code-59--113293/

If that doesn't work, there are then three options from easy to worst case scenario available:

1. Reset Vegas Pro back to its default (factory) settings as per https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/

If that doesn't work ...

2. Do a complete clean uninstall of Vegas Pro as per https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-do-a-clean-uninstall-of-vegas-pro--111205/ and then re-install.

If that doesn't work ...

3. The horrible worst case scenario ... reinstall Windows.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

3POINT wrote on 8/27/2023, 7:45 AM

4. Buy a new computer...

VEGASDerek wrote on 8/27/2023, 4:54 PM

You really should submit a support ticket for this issue.

mark-y wrote on 8/27/2023, 7:01 PM

I would also run Scandisk to rule out a bad file structure or drive sector. I mention this bc driver BSODs are pretty uncommon these days.

Julius_ wrote on 9/5/2023, 10:55 AM

Solved by re-installing software as per Magix:

To resolve this issue, please do the following.  First, please uninstall the program from your system, you will then manually delete the "installation.ini" file, after which you will reinstall the software. You'll find the "installation.ini" file in the program folder under the "ProgramData" hierarchy. So, it should follow this file path:
C:\ProgramData\VEGAS\VEGAS_Pro_21
Program Data is a hidden file on the system.  You may need to do the following before being able to see or access the Program Data directory. 
⦁    Press Windows Key + E to bring up an Explorer window. 
⦁    Select the option that says Organize and choose "Folder and Search Options". 
⦁    Click the View tab. 
⦁    Under Advanced settings, click "Show hidden files and folders", then click OK.