Comments

MJhig wrote on 11/11/2004, 5:54 PM
Swing is based on triplets. Simply set the grid to 16th note triplets and you have swing or shuffle.

I'm not going to bother adding my requests anymore. It's obvious that Vegas will never be a DAW. I've begged for MIDI and tempo mapping long enough. The last time I was chastised and told Acid is the MIDI app., well it wasn't. When Acid 5 came out and I expressed my displeasure I was told what I thought all along. "Acid's a loop app., what did you expect?"

I've been syncing Vegas and Sonar via MIDI clock for years. I've not upgraded to V 5 as I don't use a control surface nor feel the need to. I'm old school but as a drummer/keyboardist embraced the PC paradigm in the early '80s, I'm very comfortable with the mouse and keyboard, hence I didn't upgrade. I have no real need for Rewire either. I may be in the minority, so be it and I still love and use Vegas daily for both audio and video but I just don't see a compelling reason to move beyond V 4 at this point. I hope I'm wrong with the next release however.

I knew Acid was a loop app., something I have no use for. The fact is Acid and/nor Vegas does a DAW make.

MJ
scottshackrock wrote on 11/11/2004, 6:51 PM
yeah I'd LOVE to see vegas 6 make my computer a DAW.

maybe the answer is having VEGAS 6 audio and VEGAS 6 video and VEGAS 6 combined. hahaahha. whatever that means.
Rednroll wrote on 11/13/2004, 12:06 PM
Although there's many things I could list, let me just list my top 5.

1. CD text
2. CD TEXT
3. cD Text
4. Cd TExt
5. cd text

Anyway you spell it, I would like to finally see CD text.

PipelineAudio wrote on 11/13/2004, 2:37 PM
what is a cd text?
tmrpro wrote on 11/13/2004, 5:02 PM
1. latency free, hardware based D/M style Auto-Input switching
2. D/M assignable FX sends with pre/post DX routing
3. MIDI
4. tempo mapping
5. DDP Image import/export
6. CD Text
ibliss wrote on 11/13/2004, 5:25 PM
You know, I have this vague memory of ACID 4 being released 'ReWire-less', and following months of screaming on the forums for ReWire to be added, it appeared in a Letter update.

Waddayathink the chances are of Rewire being added to Vegas 5 before version 6??

Just a thought....
drbam wrote on 11/13/2004, 6:36 PM
>>Waddayathink the chances are of Rewire being added to Vegas 5 before version 6??<<

Slim to none. They haven't even fixed the metronome bug yet. ;-O

drbam
bgc wrote on 11/14/2004, 3:19 PM
Folder tracks like Acid 5.

I would LOVE IT if Vegas could open Acid Projects. It would save me days/weeks of production time transferring Acid projects by hand to Vegas.

B.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 11/14/2004, 4:43 PM
Pipe CD Text is where track names are embedded, and display on suitably enabled CD Players. Clients expect it these days.

geoff
PipelineAudio wrote on 11/14/2004, 5:14 PM
oh that sounds way cool an hi tech!

How do you do it without Vegas?
MJhig wrote on 11/14/2004, 5:18 PM
Both Roxio and Nero have supported CD Text for at least a couple of years.

With Roxio you simply name the file with the desired info (Song title - Artist etc.) and it's automatically embedded or you can change the info in the burn list.

MJ
MrPhil wrote on 11/15/2004, 8:48 AM
Pipe listed the heavy duty functionality stuff, I'll just dito that, and add:
* a new look to the interface. Not change the basics, but look at Samplitude and others. Why not add a mixer and freshen up the look so it feels more pro.
tmrpro wrote on 11/15/2004, 9:24 AM
PLEASE Don't change the look & feel of the GUI in V6 and more specifically; Do not look at Samplitude and make it look anything like that crap.

Every time I am forced to open up Sequoia to export a DDP image, I want to throw up, because the interface is repulsive and looks like something that was designed in the 50s.

Could you imagine the USS Enterprise having two fisted Broadcast Neve roller pods for controller functions? That's what Samplitude and Sequoia make me think of; A bleek retro future. Very ugly, fragmented and totally non-intuitive.
drbam wrote on 11/15/2004, 9:37 AM
Keep the UI but get rid of this cheesy color scheme. Currently it would fit right in with something my 6 year grandaughter would enjoy!

drbam
Geoff_Wood wrote on 11/15/2004, 1:56 PM
Mr Phil, most of us prefer the old look - V5 is already starting to look like a toy. Samplitude has now gone the whole hog with eye-candy, sadly. I don't think that looks 'professional' in the slightest, and if you think visual emulations of a mixer is where we should be heading, then you've missed the point of what is so great about Vegas !

geoff
drbam wrote on 11/15/2004, 2:33 PM
I think it may have been mentioned already, but having a button to toggle the "show track names" on and off would be great! This would improve my work flow tremendously.

drbam
PipelineAudio wrote on 11/15/2004, 2:53 PM
drbam, I kicked and screamed for it. It is assignable to a button on the mackie control!
Soundshepherd wrote on 11/16/2004, 12:25 AM
I second the envelope drawing tool.

I second the need for better handling of the saving of plug-in chains.

I want more surround channels like every other surround capable app under the sun.

I want a completely redone and uppgraded surround version of Acoustic Mirror with all new impulse responses recorded using a non-crap portable recorder.
MrPhil wrote on 11/16/2004, 7:52 AM
"Very ugly, fragmented and totally non-intuitive"

what version are you talking about?
http://www.samplitude.com/de/v8_feat_screenshots.htm

I guess you would find a hardware mixer non-intuitive too.
MrPhil wrote on 11/16/2004, 8:17 AM
Yeah, this looks very pro and intuitive... Vegas5
A bullseye, followed by something, followed by a green thing, followed by a cogwheel, followed by a roadsign, followed by an exclamation mark. All very logical (?)

As opposed to this: Nuendo
Sonar4
or
Samplitude
that all just looks like the hardware interface from a studio mixer.

"most of us prefer the old look"
Well that's one of the problems there, "most of us" ain't many enough to make Vegas a top seller. Howcome?
And the V5-look, described by you as a toy-look, is not the way I mean it should go. Please explain why a visual emulation of a mixer is so wrong to be able to use IF YOU WANT, when all other pro and semi-pro applications for MTR has it?
I mean, if anyone like Tmr or anyone else barfs on his computer when he sees one, or if anyone feel totally lost when they see a mixer, well don't use it. It's not like todays interface would disappear (but preferably with a new set of buttons/icons), the mixer would be an addition.
mangoo wrote on 11/16/2004, 8:42 AM
Yeah the UAD-1 problem needs to fix, talked to u-audio about this and they say that this is up to sony to give them some information about the app to fix this bug..
And vstI + some midi support.

/M
PipelineAudio wrote on 11/16/2004, 10:18 AM
as for the impulses. make em yourself :)

We all gave up on waiting, and our impulses are available free at www.noisevault.com
PipelineAudio wrote on 11/16/2004, 1:57 PM
you gotta be kidding! Cubendo's interface is HORRIBLE!

You need to do all kinds of scrolling, picking different windows, going into menu's, constant mouse tool changes to do ANYTHING

Vegas is not a mixer. Mixers can have things plugged into them at will in nearly any configuration. Mixers have throughpout in real time, without worrying about CPU, latency, and routing restrictions.

This is a computer program and its interface is pretty nice, well except maybe for the V5's weird looking icons
MrPhil wrote on 11/17/2004, 12:24 AM
I'm talking bout the look, not the scrolling. You can have one without the other.
And I thought I was perfectly clear when I said that the mixer should be an addition to the present UI, not replacing it. That, and clean up their stupid icons they use today, and polish the look.

"Vegas is not a mixer. Mixers can have things plugged into them at will in nearly any configuration. Mixers have throughpout in real time, without worrying about CPU, latency, and routing restrictions.

So instead you use RME's TotalMix, which by the way is a computer program emulating a mixer, giving you the above.