VEGAS Pro 14 Update 7 (build 270)

Comments

hydemusic wrote on 6/29/2017, 10:46 AM

I downloaded build 270, rebooted the computer and when I start Pro 14, I still see build 252 on "about".

Has anyone else experienced this?

OK after reading Paul-Fierlinger's reply, I redownloaded the file and 2nd time was a charm...The continuum has been restored..Thanks!😃

Paul-Fierlinger wrote on 6/29/2017, 10:51 AM

Nope, mine says 270.

redpaw wrote on 6/29/2017, 1:10 PM

nope. 270 here as well

RedRob-CandlelightProdctns wrote on 6/29/2017, 6:01 PM

@pierre-k Vegas 14 isn't a full rewrite - it's an update to old code and has been bolted on to so many times that the only way to get it right is to completely rewrite from scratch. Vegas 15 is in development and my understanding is it will be unlike previous versions of Vegas Pro - for the better.

I've heard this said before, and personally think you are propagating uninformed slander.

I worked in the software industry for 16 years. During that time we did maintenance, partial rewrites, swapping of engines while keeping our core architecture, and ultimately did a full rewrite as the DOS paradigm was replaced by Windows client/server and multi-tiered designs.

Just because the code base is older does not mean it cannot hold up well; it was designed for WIndows, and we're still running on Windows. It appears to have modular design for input and output components, which allows it to grow as new formats have been developed. It *appears* to have hooks for multi-threading, although it has not kept up with new advancements or addressed related GPU bugs -- this isn't design or old-code problem.. just issues not yet addressed. And it has a robust scripting language which, besides an undeniably intuitive UI, provides incredible productivity to its users.

While I understand -- and share -- your frustrations about shortcomings, and the amount of resources which are put into addressing them, I'm thankful the product is alive, and the dev. team is continuing to work on the product that so many of us rely on for our livelihood!

That all said -- I'd LOVE if the Magix and Vegas team would consider increasing transparency with regards to the work queue -- bugs, enhancements and future development, so that we might not have to "hope" for these things but rather look forward to them based on their prioritizations. I understand there are downsides to doing that too...

Just my 3 cents..

Cheers!

:-) Rob

Vegas 21.300

My PC (for finishing):

Cyperpower PC Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.2GHz, 64GB mem @ 2133MHz RAM, AMD Radeon RX470 (4GB dedicated) with driver recommended by Vegas Updater (reports as 30.0.15021.11005 dated 4/28/22), and Intel HD Graphics 630 driver version 31.0.101.2112 dated 7/21/22 w/16GB shared memory. Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 10.0.19045 Build 19045.

My main editing laptop:

Dell G15 Special Edition 5521, Bios 1.12 9/13/22, Windows 11 22H2 (10.0.22621)

12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H (14 cores, 20 logical processors), 32 GB DDR5 4800MHz RAM, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU w/8GB GDDR6 RAM, Realtek Audio

HeavyMetal wrote on 6/30/2017, 9:15 AM

Please fix the RED camera color issue in Vegas to include the latest RED color science.

Lukasz wrote on 6/30/2017, 10:46 AM

My blood is flooding like a magix while the product has not been updated with sony vegas 13 to 14. I bought sony vegas 13 weeks before the release of vegas 14. Magix realizing that sony 13 has a mass of bugs did not issue fixes to 13 just forces it to redeem the update to vegas 14 I have recently tested vegas 14 and still have lots of bugs. Now I wonder if it is worthwhile to switch to vegas 14

Error (0xc0000005)
Error (0xccccffff)

usbsound wrote on 6/30/2017, 11:36 AM

Dear Magix Vegas Pro STAFF, Great Job.

sung-b wrote on 6/30/2017, 1:16 PM

Why is not fixed old Bug.

Korean Subtitle Bug is the biggest problem.

Vegas is a really good program.
I hope this bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

So it seems to be the best.

igniz-krizalid wrote on 6/30/2017, 9:58 PM

Thank you

Main PC:

MSI X370 Pro Carbon, R7 1800X, OC Nitro RX 480 4Gb, 2X8GB DDR4 3200 CL 14, 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Dark Rock 3 cooler, Dark Power Pro 11 650W Platinum, Serenade PciE CM8888 Sound Card, MultiSync 1200p IPS 16:10 monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Second PC:

Z170XP-SLI, i7 6700K, Nitro R9 380 4Gb, 2X8GB DDR4 3200 CL 16, MX200 500 SSD, MasterAir Pro 4 cooler, XFX PRO 650W Core Edition 80+ Bronze, Xonar D1 7.1 Ch Sound Card, NEC MultiSync 1200p IPS 16:10 monitor, Windows 10 pro 64bit

brian-kolbasky wrote on 7/1/2017, 12:19 PM

Hello, I have noticed in the media generators tab that my titles & text are not working. The text can be dropped in but there are no effects that can be added to the text! The drop down box says (none). Why is this happening?

cadudesun wrote on 7/1/2017, 12:50 PM

Hello, I have noticed in the media generators tab that my titles & text are not working. The text can be dropped in but there are no effects that can be added to the text! The drop down box says (none). Why is this happening?

Do you mean by effects the presets (see attached snapshot)?

I performed the update and the presets are still there.

dpaterson wrote on 7/2/2017, 5:31 AM

I have to concur with all that are saying that old bugs etc. have not been fixed and yet some new features have been added. One of the oldest outstanding issues (so far as I can tell) is the Dolby Studio vs. Dolby Pro encoder (or lack thereof in VP14/DVDA7). After these updates there is STILL an issue MAGIX. See my post here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/ac3-pro-render-missing-in-vp14--103633/#ca663430

I really just don't get it!!! What is it going to take for you to address this issue??? Please tell me and I'll oblige / comply!!!

Dale.

Robert W wrote on 7/2/2017, 12:53 PM

I have to concur with all that are saying that old bugs etc. have not been fixed and yet some new features have been added. One of the oldest outstanding issues (so far as I can tell) is the Dolby Studio vs. Dolby Pro encoder (or lack thereof in VP14/DVDA7). After these updates there is STILL an issue MAGIX. See my post here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/ac3-pro-render-missing-in-vp14--103633/#ca663430

I really just don't get it!!! What is it going to take for you to address this issue??? Please tell me and I'll oblige / comply!!!

Dale.

I certainly got the impression from the other threads on the subject that the missing Dolby Pro encoder was due to a 'bug' (after someone was advised by support that it was removed due to a 'management decision') and that Magix were resolving to restore the functionality in the next update at no cost to the end users. This looks very much like a broken promise. It is a deal breaker for me. I can not update until they have this functionality implemented. They should have just said that they were not going to include the Dolby Pro codec in the 14 series instead of telling what appears to be a straight out lie.

Robert W wrote on 7/2/2017, 12:58 PM

If you are so dissatisfied with the product with the product just use another program. There are free and what I consider inexpensive (less than $500 or $30 a month) that might fit you better. We have seen a lot of effort to improve Vegas and these fixes are coming in the middle of preparing 15. Your posts are not constructive, just move on.

My $2K computer outputs 1080P (ProRes & Sony) to both a 4K Tv and 4K Monitor with no issues, so perhaps you should seek a refund for your computer purchase kinetik.

pierre-K - no it just good advice to someone who can't get the performance they want out of a program. Those who keep doing the same thing (like using a program that won't work for them) are doomed to the same result every time. Lots of folks leave Vegas and come back, see how easy Resolve and Fusion are to use.

Pierre-k, some time a seller and buy don't match, in this case you should move on. Too much pilot error in this thread, goodby.

I have been hearing these unhelpful anti-criticism posts for over ten years. All you are effectively doing is shooting the messenger for pointing out the software's shortcomings. I don't understand why people who are not having issues with the software would want to go out of their way to try and silence those who are having problems. It is such a selfish and arrogant thing to do, and runs counter to the concept of a forum, which by definition is a place for a range of views and opinions to be aired.

Robert W wrote on 7/2/2017, 1:11 PM

@pierre-k Vegas 14 isn't a full rewrite - it's an update to old code and has been bolted on to so many times that the only way to get it right is to completely rewrite from scratch. Vegas 15 is in development and my understanding is it will be unlike previous versions of Vegas Pro - for the better.

I am sorry but this old tale has been worn out for a very very long time now. Every time there is a new major release, it comes out broken, and we wait for updates, each time hoping it will fix fundamental issues (sometimes to the most basic of functions that worked fine in previous releases). Updates fix certain things that the developers deem to be important, usually ignoring the userbase, and usually breaking more things on the way. Eventually, all the revisions come out, the fundamental bugs that were introduced are still not fixed, and they expect you to buy the next major release to fix them. Then eventually, when the next major release comes out, if you have the good fortune to find that the issue you had is resolved, you will find that there is some other new workflow crippling bug that has appeared, and it starts all over again. Vegas has been getting by on its unique, but aging style of editing for years and years. That is all it has because everything else about it is pretty much a nightmare. There is nothing special about Vegas 14. It really has little to distinguish it from 13, or 12 or 11. They need to stop dealing with the issues in such a haphazard fashion and bring the software into the current age. We've been sold a pup on major new releases over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

David wrote on 7/2/2017, 2:27 PM

I don't think they "need" to get it "into current age" - new features are what pays the bills, right?

Perhaps a subscription based payment system would make it feasable for Magix to fix all the known/old bugs?

Any other ideas on what could make it pay off for Magix to fix all the old bugs?

pierre-k wrote on 7/2/2017, 5:14 PM

There are 10 people in the Vegas team. Do they all work every day only for repair Prores and Velocity points?

A year from the release V14 will soon be over and in Update 7 repair is still the same - Prores.

Can one or two people from team of them work on old bugs? Please.

FlaBob wrote on 7/3/2017, 3:02 PM

I think the program is great. Premiere is just bloated and messed up, and difficult...and I hate adobe and how they love to take over my comp with all their crap...
avid or vegas...avid is much more expensive and has its share of issues too...and harder to learn...
I think the program is great and I look forward to seeing what magix can do with it....eventually a rewrite will have to be done...but they are probably waiting to see if it will be feasible...I think it will be.

bravof wrote on 7/5/2017, 2:12 AM

@pierre-k: looking at your photo, I think they assigned all the women in the dev team to bug fixing :)

Joke aside, Vegas has been very stable for me since at least V10. Personnaly I have not witnessed any bugs, but my usage is rather simple.

Brian wrote on 7/5/2017, 8:23 AM

Thanks for the update. Using Windows 7 and it's working fine. Only odd things I noticed were that the Vegas 14 icon on the taskbar became blank after the update (deleted and replaced to cure) and NewBlue Titler Pro Express comes up with an error, see screenshot here: http://prntscr.com/frxebt.

FilmvsDigital wrote on 7/5/2017, 1:56 PM

Yes Vegas Pro has problems. No I'm not a super user. Yes I will stick with it because it is a phenomenal piece of software despite...Yes I will look elsewhere if subscription model only is implemented...I do not want my work "held hostage" and dropped Adobe for this very reason. (And continue to thank Adobe to this day for pointing me to Vegas Pro.)

Industrystandard wrote on 7/6/2017, 4:23 AM

Dear community,

We have come a long way and to date we've provided 6 updates for VEGAS Pro 14 – some with minor, some with major improvements, but most importantly always with progress. This is why we want to keep pushing forward and are proud to present the 7th update of VEGAS Pro 14 to you.

You can download the build 270 now at: http://rdir.magix.net/?page=WMCPDYVMGCO3

Here are the patch notes for this update:

• Audio from ProRes 422 HQ files now plays properly
  • Multi-channel audio files now show up correctly with new ProRes plugin
  • Both channels of a stereo ProRes are now properly recognized
  • The first frame is no longer repeated in renders to ProRes and HEVC formats
  • Audio from 4k files shot with the Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder is now supported
  • Audio from ProRes 422 files shot with Black Magic cameras now properly supported
  • H.265 MP4 footage from DJI Phantom 4 Professional Camera Drone now supported
  • The keyframe event "Set To" context menu operation of an OFX video effect now adjusts the keyframe value as expected
  • Markers and regions are now properly saved inside the Trimmer window for ProRes and HEVC files
  • Certain HEVC files that failed to load in previous builds are now supported

As always, feel free to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing from you!

Best regards,
Mathias

Why is there still no native support for YUV 4:2:2 files?

Also I am having issues with Vegas Pro 14 and AMD's newly released Radeon Vega Frontier Edition graphic card. Whenever I put on the graphic card playback process, the images in the video clips displays a blue hue on all the skin tones and on some miscellaneous materials. If I go back to the CPU everything is well. Also with playback using the graphic card I'm experiencing some laggy clips. Why would these occur? I'm thinking maybe some driver concerns, but with Hitfilm I don't experience these things. Does anyone have any logical opinions they can share? I'm using a custom built pc based around an AMD Ryzen 1800, 32 gb ram and the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition.

LabTwenty wrote on 7/6/2017, 9:24 PM

Please fix the Red camera color issue in Vegas to include the RedLogFilm.

HeavyMetal wrote on 7/6/2017, 9:27 PM

Please fix the Red camera color issue in Vegas to include the RedLogFilm.

This, x roughly a trillion.