Vegas Pro 15 - Mercalli Stabilizer v4 missing?

Comments

altarvic wrote on 9/4/2017, 5:10 AM

@AVsupport 

Will I be able to do this?

I suppose Yes, if you purchased it separately (not in VP14 bundle)

altarvic wrote on 9/4/2017, 5:13 AM

Does anyone know if the Mercalli v4 has stopped working for VP15?

Yes, if you purchased it with VP14 Suite - as it turned out you need to "upgrade" your Mercalli 4.0

AVsupport wrote on 9/4/2017, 5:34 AM

Hello,

do you use Mercalli V4 from the Vegas 14 version?

Or did you buy Mercalli v4 and CMOS Fixr separately. Then you can use this version in Vegas 15 again.

You need only for the Vegas 14 bundle version with Mercalli V4 a Upgrade.

with kind regards

[redacted] Customer Support Manager

reply:

Yes this was purchased as a package, being a part from VP14 bundle.

This VP14 package was extra $$ because it included Mercalli and CMOS fixr.

I am not changing the version 4, this should be working wherever version 4 is working.

This is not an upgrade.

Kind regards,

..what does Magix customer service think of this?

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

32GB (4x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

Crucial BX500 1TB EDIT 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD

2x 4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

Kinvermark wrote on 9/4/2017, 8:41 AM

This has all been discussed ad nauseum. Read the earlier posts, including the one from Nick Hope (moderator) asking that users do not post anything more unless they have something NEW to add.

This thread should be closed.

Former user wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:06 AM

Hi Kinvermark, I'm just curios, not claiming you are, but are you in any way connected with either Magix or ProDad, commercially or otherwise, or in any way representing either company?

I ask this in the interests of transparency, because unlike some of the other opinion posters, who agree with what ProDad is doing, you seem to have REALLY taken up the banner for closing down any discussion on this. Nick is a moderator so its his job, and he's given valid reasons.

Kinvermark wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:19 AM

Of course not.

I am actually just respecting what Nick requested. The discussion has been exhausted until ProDad makes an announcement.

My motivation is simply to have a sensible, helpful forum without all the incredible negativity, nastiness, and name calling. What is going on in this forum now is almost unreadable.

OldSmoke wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:26 AM

What is going on in this forum now is almost unreadable.

And why do you think that is? Think deeply and tell why you think people are upset? Why especially long time users are upset.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

Kinvermark wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:32 AM

I respect that they are upset and do understand the reasons. That, however, is not an excuse for the way people express themselves. This is a public forum and a peer to peer user forum. People should "blow of steam" by ranting in private. Then come here and post sensibly in order to actually achieve something rather than just destroying.

TheHappyFriar wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:35 AM

I looked @ SCS & Magix released Vegas 14. Could 15 was by Magix only. Different license agreements with different companies explains this pretty easily. Happens all the time when products get bought/sold.

NickHope wrote on 9/4/2017, 10:29 AM

This has all been discussed ad nauseum. Read the earlier posts, including the one from Nick Hope (moderator) asking that users do not post anything more unless they have something NEW to add.

This thread should be closed.

Thanks but actually I think it's worthwhile for AVsupport to quote his ongoing conversation with proDAD support.

I'll close the thread if the personal jibes or same old ranted counter-arguments resume.

AVsupport wrote on 9/4/2017, 6:00 PM

Thanks @Nick Hope to allow me to share this; My interest is in resolving this issue in the nicest possible way, for everyone affected; I must admit that frustration has built over time, but I shall try to focus on the relevant information. Here's the continuation of the [somewhat tedious] conversation with the ProDAD customer support manager [WOT warning]:

He: You can´t use Mercalli v4 and CMOS Fixr from Vegas 14 in the new Vegas 15 version for free. Your activation codes are working only in Vegas 14. You need a Upgrade of Mercalli V4 Stabilizr and CMOS Fixr to Vegas 15. We have next time a Upgrade here: [link]

Me: When I purchased VP14 I also purchased a license for Mercalli V4 and CMOS Fixr, I have a valid serial number.I’m happy to de-authorize the activation for VP14 in order to use the same Version 4 (this is not an upgrade) in VP15.Will I be able to do this? I have purchased this version (from another supplier)

He: do you use Mercalli V4 from the Vegas 14 version? Or did you buy Mercalli v4 and CMOS Fixr separately. Then you can use this version in Vegas 15 again. You need only for the Vegas 14 bundle version with Mercalli V4 a Upgrade.

Me: Yes this was purchased as a package, being a part from VP14 bundle. This VP14 package was extra $$ because it included Mercalli and CMOS fixr. I am not changing the version 4, this should be working wherever version 4 is working. This is not an upgrade.

He: you can not activate your bundled Mercalli V4 for Vegas 14 version in Vegas 15. You need a Upgrade of Mercalli V4 for VEGAS 15, that we have next days.

Me: I hope you are providing this free of charge Uwe, are you planning to do this?

He: for free was the Mercalli V4 bundle version in Vegas Pro 14. I think the Upgrade is not for free.

Me: Strictly speaking the bundled version wasn't free, because the bundle cost more than the base version. You are talking about an upgrade, but this is still the same version 4, so, strictly speaking this is not an upgrade? Was Magix aware that the supplied version was 'locked' to VP14? Because I (as a customer purchasing the bundle) wasn't, until now, that this problem surfaces, only a year after

He: you can activate and work with the bundle version of Mercalli V4 Stabilizr and CMOS Fixr in VEGAS 14. You have these 2 licenses for activation. But these codes are working only in VEGAS 14 and not in Vegas 15.

Me: I'm happy to de-activate my purchased license for Mercalli 4 and Cmos fixr for VP14 in order to continue using this current version 4 in VP15. Was Magix aware of this restriction?

My latest response (sent this morning after a semi sleepless night):

When I purchased my laptop 5 years ago, it came with a Windows 7 and office 2007 license. I since upgraded Windows via 8 to 10, and Office 2007 still works fine on my machine. The point I am trying to make is: I have purchased a license key to use your Mercalli & CMOS software Ver4 with the VEGAS host, I have paid MAGIX money for that key, and I would like to continue to use it with Vegas.

MAGIX has probably purchased bulk licenses from you, like a wholesaler would, and used that financial benefit and added feature set to attract customers, to help sell their product, VP.

Where does it state in your EULA or elsewhere that your Mercalli V4 is locked to VP14 only?

Your product help file (5.) Supported Video Programs - states compatibility with Vegas Pro, Magix, Edius and Corel Video Studio only.

I can already purchase your Version 4 on your website which will work fine with VP15, but I already own Version 4, so why should I buy it again? My current version 4 {Mercalli 4.0.471.1 } simply needs to be updated to the same version like the one you are distributing right now. I am not asking for a free update to Version 5.

Other 3rd party manufacturer’s plugins are still working fine in VP15, so I don’t see why yours should be an exception.

Thanks for listening,

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

wwjd wrote on 9/4/2017, 8:53 PM

I recall the change over from 32 bit to 64 bit... it was a nightmare for a lot of plugins and vendors having to recode everything, then sell you all new 64 bit coded versions.... this is not that at all.

Wolfgang S. wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:37 PM

The conversation with proDAD confirms only, that the bundled Mercalli version works only with VP14 as it was promised. That you have not purchased the rights that it works with VP15 too. That the rights to work VP15 must be purchased, will not come for free, and that they will come up with an offer for that.

All together that is nothing new.

You will only have the decision to accept their additional offer and purchase it, or reject it and purchase it not. Up to everybody.

The only points that are unknown by now is the price and if this additional license is restricted to VP15 only.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti * Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE, 32 GB Ram. Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB) with internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor. Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG, Atomos Sumo

skyml wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:57 PM

The conversation with proDAD confirms only, that the bundled Mercalli version works only with VP14 as it was promised. That you have not purchased the rights that it works with VP15 too. That the rights to work VP15 must be purchased, will not come for free, and that they will come up with an offer for that.

All together that is nothing new.

You will only have the decision to accept their additional offer and purchase it, or reject it and purchase it not. Up to everybody.

The only points that are unknown by now is the price and if this additional license is restricted to VP15

So, Wolfgang S. gets to keep ranting his rhetoric with no comments from the moderators? Wolfgang S is biased, negative to the bad situation proDADand Magix has left us customers in. His opinion is offensive and he continues to offer nothing new or helpful. He speaks as if he were an authority on this matter. The matter is not as Wolfgang S. states, it is only what he wishes and the issue is still undecided.

AVsupport wrote on 9/4/2017, 10:01 PM

The conversation with proDAD confirms only, that the bundled Mercalli version works only with VP14 as it was promised. That you have not purchased the rights that it works with VP15 too. [..]

where was that disclaimer: '*) Bundled software might loose functionality in future software version releases'. I went reading through EULAs, user agreements (magic and prodad) and historic website product comparisons and could NO WHERE find such information. This would have been important information that could have modified someone's 'Bundle Product' purchase decision. Imagine: you purchase 'Suite' today with U$400 of extras, knowing, that it could not work in a year when VP17 comes out (with hopefully an AC3 encoder)..hmmm..