Vegas Pro 16 Keeps Crashing While Rendering?

Ken-Theriot wrote on 1/8/2021, 6:31 PM

I'm working on a "virtual choir" video project with 66 videos. I'm using a 10x7 grid. Since I could not easily deal with a single project that had all 66 videos in it, I divided it into 3 projects, the first 2 of which have 2 rows of 10 videos. I ran each video through Handbrake to lower the file size. The plan is to then combine the 3 videos into 1 project to get all 66 to show at once.

But I can't even render the first video with only the first 2 rows! It gets about half done and then crashes Vegas. NO error message. Just a crash. I don't need sound (that can go in on the final project), so I unchecked that in the render options (MainConcept AVC/AAC Internet HD 1080p). Didn't help. Still crashes.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!

Comments

walter-i. wrote on 1/9/2021, 2:55 AM

For a start, it would be good to include screenshots of your:
project settings,
rendering settings,
preferences / video and
preferences / File I/O.
The media properties of the files where the crash occurs are also important - Mediainfo

3POINT wrote on 1/9/2021, 6:26 AM

I ran each video through Handbrake to lower the file size. The plan is to then combine the 3 videos into 1 project to get all 66 to show at once.

I wouldn't do that, the AVC output of Handbrake is fine as an end format but not for further editing.

Ken-Theriot wrote on 1/9/2021, 8:24 AM

I ran each video through Handbrake to lower the file size. The plan is to then combine the 3 videos into 1 project to get all 66 to show at once.

I wouldn't do that, the AVC output of Handbrake is fine as an end format but not for further editing.

the only way I was able to get it to crash half way through instead of within 5 minutes was to loser the file size of the 20 videos from ~400-500 MB each (x20) to between 20 and 100 MB each. It seems like the file sizes of each video adding up several GBs is one of (if not THE) main reason for the crashes. Am I wrong about that? If so, what is the right way to lower the file size/data-compress these videos?