1. Where can I download the official VEGAS Pro Scripting FAQs?
2. Where can I download the VEGAS Pro Scripting API Summary?
3. Where can I download the legacy Sony Vegas Pro Scripting API Summary?
4. Why don't my Vegas Pro 13 (and earlier) scripts work in VEGAS Pro 14?
In C# (*.cs) scripts change this line
If the script references a "Sony"-branded FX, that should be changed to the equivalent "VEGAS"-branded FX.
5. Which versions of VEGAS support scripting?
Scripting is supported in all versions of VEGAS Pro. Scripting is not supported in any version of VEGAS Movie Studio.
6. Where can I find more scripting help?
While the current forum search feature is still in development, a search of the Sony Creative Software forum archive may help in finding old forum posts.
7. Where can I submit requests for future scripting features?
Add your wishes to this thread.
8. How can I run a block of code as a script?
If you find a script posted on the forum or elsewhere as simple text, this is how you run it in VEGAS Pro:
- Copy and paste the text to a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
- Make a change to the script's namespace if necessary, as described in section 4 above.
- C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 18.0\Script Menu
- C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\Script Menu
- C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\Script Menu
- Restart VEGAS Pro, or choose Tools > Scripting > Rescan Script Menu Folder.
- Run the script from the Tools > Scripting menu.