Comments

BillM wrote on 4/25/2019, 1:26 PM

Can you roll back your OS to a point prior to the problem?

Suppose I could. Don't really want to. Not sure how far back I'd need to do that because I had not used VP 16 at all over the winter months.

Bill

Marco. wrote on 4/25/2019, 1:38 PM

I still suspect the network access of Vegas Pro 16 might be blocked thus preventing the codecs to be registered and work.

BillM wrote on 4/25/2019, 1:46 PM

I still suspect the network access of Vegas Pro 16 might be blocked thus preventing the codecs to be registered and work.

When I reinstalled it yesterday I needed to activate it. That went fine. So does that indicate that it has network access? Plus I can reach the online tutorials and help through VP 16.

Bill

Marco. wrote on 4/25/2019, 2:15 PM

I'm not sure. Activating Vegas Pro and online tutorial access might be different to a hidden background registration.

xberk wrote on 4/25/2019, 4:33 PM

>>Suppose I could. Don't really want to.

Your choice naturally but it may turn out to be the best option verses a fresh hard drive and complete reinstall of the OS and all drivers (this would actually be the very best solution -- a complete, clean reinstall of the system with special attention to the video cards to make sure they are functioning properly. I did this once, not for Vegas, using a fresh harddrive and preserving my original system drive. It cured all problems and allowed the software in question to run )

From all you've said, it seems that something changed in your system after the time VP16 was working for you that is causing the problem. For example, it could be something weird in the registry particular to VP16 that does not effect VP14. Rolling things back will fix this and get you to a point where VP16 was functioning.

But If that is not the problem, then you'd have to assume it is some setting within VP16 that is NOT set in VP14. Like, for example, video mute. But so far you have not found anything regards settings within Vegas. I suggest things are narrowing down to the system itself.

>>@marco ... I still suspect the network access of Vegas Pro 16 might be blocked thus preventing the codecs to be registered and work.

Even Marco's comment might be cured with a roll back of the OS if some permission is lacking now that was ok earlier... But why, then again, why would VP14 still be with the same media?

BillM wrote on 4/25/2019, 5:02 PM

>>Suppose I could. Don't really want to.

Your choice naturally but it may turn out to be the best option verses a fresh hard drive and complete reinstall of the OS and all drivers (this would actually be the very best solution -- a complete, clean reinstall of the system with special attention to the video cards to make sure they are functioning properly. I did this once, not for Vegas, using a fresh harddrive and preserving my original system drive. It cured all problems and allowed the software in question to run )

From all you've said, it seems that something changed in your system after the time VP16 was working for you that is causing the problem. For example, it could be something weird in the registry particular to VP16 that does not effect VP14. Rolling things back will fix this and get you to a point where VP16 was functioning.

But If that is not the problem, then you'd have to assume it is some setting within VP16 that is NOT set in VP14. Like, for example, video mute. But so far you have not found anything regards settings within Vegas. I suggest things are narrowing down to the system itself.

>>@marco ... I still suspect the network access of Vegas Pro 16 might be blocked thus preventing the codecs to be registered and work.

Even Marco's comment might be cured with a roll back of the OS if some permission is lacking now that was ok earlier... But why, then again, why would VP14 still be with the same media?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Magix tech support has responded so I'll see what they come up with.

Bill

AVsupport wrote on 4/25/2019, 5:22 PM

I recall having to activate some codecs when I installed the Happy Otter Scripts. Maybe you had a similar situation get blocked / go unnoticed which in turn broke functionality?

I also had a situation where a (VP) bug crashed the proxy-swap and the individual clip Take was set to nothing (lost the link to the specific video file), hence it appeared 'disappeared'..

Also wondering if so4compoundplug has anything to do with that, since this might be the variable not exitstent in previous VP versions..

If you get a resolution from customer service, please report your findings!

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

16GB (2x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest drivers

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

BillM wrote on 4/25/2019, 7:45 PM

I recall having to activate some codecs when I installed the Happy Otter Scripts. Maybe you had a similar situation get blocked / go unnoticed which in turn broke functionality?

I also had a situation where a (VP) bug crashed the proxy-swap and the individual clip Take was set to nothing (lost the link to the specific video file), hence it appeared 'disappeared'..

Also wondering if so4compoundplug has anything to do with that, since this might be the variable not exitstent in previous VP versions..

If you get a resolution from customer service, please report your findings!

Thanks very much for your and everyone's help. Will report if CS resolves the problem.

Bill