Wax 2.0a released.

satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 12:09 AM
Wax 2.0a for Vegas has been released and is available at http://www.debugmode.com/wax/ . Wax can work as a standalone app as well as a plugin for Vegas to create advanced 3D and 2D effects including 3D text, rotoscoping, use 3D models, particles etc.

Wax is the next generation of the PluginPac plugins. You can still use PluginPac and Wax inside Vegas but with this Wax release PluginPac Plugins are phased out (except the FrameServer).

Features.
--------------

1) Use graphics acceleration available with your video card for preview as well as render

2) 2D and 3D Plugins and transitions for creating effects. Full featured 3D compositing with 3d objects, lighting, shadows, texture generators, etc. Plugins include the following...

---- RotoMate - rotoscope/paint over video with fully keyframmable shapes and masks
---- Shatter - create explosive effects
---- ModelLoader - load 3d models from .3DS, .MD2 and .MS3d files
---- Particle Generator - generate various natural particle effects like fire, smoke, rain etc
---- Text 3D - create extruded/beveled 3D text, and much more...

3) Has native support for Plugin Adapter technology - can load and use VirtualDub filters, DirectX plugins and Windows ® Movie Maker presets inside Wax (inside Vegas when you use Wax as a plugin with Vegas)

4) Compatible with Vegas 3, 4, and the upcoming 5.

Wax comes with sample projects (created using Vegas 4) and a UserGuide. Please view them before starting to use.

Thanks
Satish

Comments

mark2929 wrote on 3/26/2004, 1:00 AM
Just downloading Microsoft.NET Framework Apparently you need this to use it But any way it looks like it makes the Tea too. Thanks Satish.
satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 1:01 AM
I'm sorry i missed it in the website. With Vegas 4 the plugin needs scripting to work so .NET framework needs to be installed.
mark2929 wrote on 3/26/2004, 1:16 AM
Just looking at some of the 3D Text capabilities. This is Awesome.
satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 1:17 AM
is your vegas executable file named "vegas30.exe" or something else?
mark2929 wrote on 3/26/2004, 1:36 AM
Is there a way to rotate a 3D Object in the view screen or do you have to type in coordinates :)
satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 1:42 AM
You could click-and-drag on the value to rotate and dynamically see the preview. Or type in the value.

The flash-based tutorial that comes with Wax shows how to do this.
satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 1:43 AM
i'm confused... you have both vv3 and v4? you'd get scripting errors only if the executable file name is not vegas30.exe
mark2929 wrote on 3/26/2004, 1:50 AM
THAT is A m a z i n g. OK I will now settle down and look at the tutorials Sorry Satish I realise you cant answer every question about how it all works on the forum.
StormMarc wrote on 3/26/2004, 2:03 AM
Thanks Satish for all your efforts.

Marc
mark2929 wrote on 3/26/2004, 2:35 AM
Satish Would I be able to Import a 3D Object in VRML, 3DS Move it how I want then Make a film ? I know it says about 3DS Objects in the manual I just want to be sure Im not dreaming
taliesin wrote on 3/26/2004, 3:49 AM
This is the most powerful plugin I've ever seen. This is a very great moment for us Vegas users and also for Satish of course. Satish, almost incredible what you developed there! Thanks a lot for this plugin!!!

Marco
winrockpost wrote on 3/26/2004, 4:40 AM
incredible work satish, and you do this stuff in your spare time ? Geeez, my spare time isnt nearly as productive or generous, just try to keep it in the fairway,

Thank you
satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 4:54 AM
Yes, checkout modellod.veg
TheHappyFriar wrote on 3/26/2004, 5:25 AM
Tip: don't hit CTRL+Z. It crashed Vegas. :)

WICKED program though! You're like the programming buddie i've never had make custom programs for me!
Thanks satish!
cyanide149 wrote on 3/26/2004, 5:30 AM
Totally incredible!
satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 5:32 AM
Please email me (webmaster of my site) and i'll try to get info from you and find out what's wrong. Thanks
TheHappyFriar wrote on 3/26/2004, 5:53 AM
Hey anyone (don't want to bug satish if he's busy), when I close Wax 2 from inside Vegas 4 as a FX plugin, it crashes ifI have ANY effects on the media. Doesn't crash if I don't apply anything, and doesn't crash in standalone.

I've got Win2k, SP4, Vegas 4e, AMD XP 1800.

I went through the tutorial & read through the user guide but didn't see anything about rendering first.

Anyone know what's up?
thanks!
satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 6:00 AM
Does it give a crash dialog saying two fils are created and please send to the author? Or does it give the usual Vegas exception dialog / crash without any info?
TheHappyFriar wrote on 3/26/2004, 6:04 AM
The Vegas general "vegas40.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. you will need to restart the program. an error log is being created (but doesn't tell you where!:) ).

I also checked my ram preview (in the Vegas prefs) and turned that down from 16mb to 0, but it didn't fix (i thought it might. wax 1 required it, didn't it?)
JohnnyRoy wrote on 3/26/2004, 6:08 AM
Once again you have outdone yourself. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It will take some time for me to absorb how to use it all, but it looks OUTSTANDING!!!

Did I remember to say thank you? ;-)

~jr
mark2929 wrote on 3/26/2004, 6:13 AM
I Would say at this present Time there is Nothing to Touch Vegas This Plugin takes it Beyond any other EDITING System and into a One stop Film Making Solution. The thing I would Most like now is a Good Manuel In Book form.
JohnnyRoy wrote on 3/26/2004, 6:33 AM
After installing Wax I now get the following error every time I load Vegas:

RUNDLL
D:\PROGRA~1\SONICF~1\Vegas
The specified module could not be found
OK

Uninstalling Wax and rebooting did not make it go away. I guess I’ll take this over the debugmode forums.

~jr
satish wrote on 3/26/2004, 6:36 AM
Once Vegas is open try drag-and-drop the 'WaxVegasPlugin.dll' file on it. May be it is a COM registration issue...
NuOmegaAlpha wrote on 3/26/2004, 7:22 AM
Can Wax 2.0a make bullet-holes, blood sprays, muzzle-flashes, etc?