What do you look like? (2010)

Comments

crocdoc wrote on 4/9/2011, 8:25 PM
This is me sporting a faux-hawk (and holding a lace monitor) while helping the BBC film a sequence for Life In Cold Blood. Sadly, I was animal wrangler rather than cinematographer. The camera is at the bottom of the photo but check out the hand-made lens poking into the termite mound - it was a beauty.

Another lace monitor, but this is a wild one in a picnic area half an hour's drive from my home. Don't try this at home, but I attracted it over by jiggling my car keys so it thought I had food.
musicvid10 wrote on 4/9/2011, 8:46 PM
crocdoc,
Look at the markup posted at the top of the forum.
GenJerDan wrote on 4/9/2011, 8:48 PM

Did that work? I'm the one on the bottom.
crocdoc wrote on 4/9/2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks, musicvid. I forget to look at stickies!
NickHope wrote on 4/9/2011, 11:24 PM
So the BBC were filming monitor lizards eating termites in your living room then crocdoc? Just checking I'm seeing this right.
crocdoc wrote on 4/10/2011, 1:45 AM
If monitor lizards ate termites, that would be an easy thing to film in the wild (they eat rats, birds, feral rabbits, possums and similar sized animals). What we were filming was something that couldn't be recorded in the wild. Some monitor lizards use termite mounds as egg incubators because the termites regulate the temperature and humidity right through winter. We were filming the adult female monitor digging into the mound to let the hatchling monitors out, from an in-the-mound hatchling lizard +POV.

At the risk of derailing the thread, this is how it looked in the end:
[url=
NickHope wrote on 4/10/2011, 4:54 AM
Very nice work crocdoc. I may have to add that to my blu-ray shopping list.
musicvid10 wrote on 4/10/2011, 11:14 AM
Outstanding!