Vegas Pro 14 and Vegas2HandBrake

Marco. schrieb am 20.09.2016 um 10:32 Uhr

To use the workflow Vegas2HandBrake in Vegas Pro 14 three modifications are needed.

1. DebugMode FrameServer

Copy file »Frameserver.x64.fio2007-config« from

»C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\« (or path of appropriate Vegas Pro program folder)
to
»C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\«

2. Vegas-Scripts

Copy the two script files »Send2HandBrake.js« and »unmount.js« including its icon files »Send2HandBrake.js.png« and »unmount.js.png« from

»C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\Script Menu\« (or path of appropriate Vegas Pro program folder)
to
»C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\Script Menu\«

3. Script File Send2HandBrake

In folder

»C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\Script Menu\«

find the file

»Send2HandBrake.js«

open file in a text editor and modify line # 2

»import Sony.Vegas;«
to
»import ScriptPortal.Vegas;«

Save file again.

Having done these three modifications for Vegas Pro 14 your Vegas2HandBrake workflow should work as expected.

Kommentare

GJeffrey schrieb am 20.09.2016 um 11:05 Uhr

Can you render using debugmode frameserver in VP14?

GJeffrey schrieb am 20.09.2016 um 11:18 Uhr

Thanks Nick, Very quick and useful answer as usual 👍

It's also possible to run the installer again and change the install path to VP14 folder.

Qiko schrieb am 23.09.2016 um 17:36 Uhr

Anyone able to change the default drive to another path? I prefer to write to my scratch disk than my SSD. I am not having much luck modifying the script and executables. 

NickHope schrieb am 23.09.2016 um 17:53 Uhr

It's also possible to run the installer again and change the install path to VP14 folder.

Thank you. That's useful information. So no need to have a previous version of Vegas installed then, I assume.

Marco. schrieb am 23.09.2016 um 22:21 Uhr

"Anyone able to change the default drive to another path?"

If you mean the pathes given in the files of the Vegas2HandBrake workflow – You could do that but to avoid any error message and misbehaviour you also would have to modifiy the path which is in the file "stop_render.exe" which needs a decompile of that file. Decompiling is o. k. because the only reason I did compile two files was I didn't find another way to make things work. It is not to prevent copying/modifying.

Grazie schrieb am 24.09.2016 um 18:02 Uhr

Thanks Marco!

Zuletzt geändert von Grazie am 24.09.2016, 21:32, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Grazie

PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel Core i9 10900X s2066 * EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB - Studio Driver 551.23 * 4x16G CorsVengLPX DDR4 2666C16 * Asus TUF X299 MK 2

Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Skywatcher schrieb am 29.09.2016 um 08:18 Uhr

Thanks Marco! Man you always come thru . . . !!!!

OldSmoke schrieb am 30.09.2016 um 20:34 Uhr

@ Marco,

A small HD  project rendered in VPro 13 using your script and exactly the same project rendered in VPro 14 using the Vegas2Handbrake script, compared to each other, gives a 9,4% bigger file in VPro14.

I should expect both should be the same, due to render-engine and the same footage, etc.
Do you have any idea why there is this difference?

Did you ensure that the loop region or project length where the same in both?

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

Marco. schrieb am 30.09.2016 um 20:46 Uhr

I have no idea. Did you test making several cycles with same project and same Vegas Pro version? Maybe HandBrake isn't absolutely consistent when using a certain set of adjustments.

Are you sure both Vegas Pro project properties did match exactly? I think the FrameServer's feed is controlled via project properties (not sure though).

NickHope schrieb am 01.10.2016 um 03:41 Uhr
Do you have any idea why there is this difference?

You were victim of this VP14 bug perhaps? https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vp14-bug-resample-mode-reset-to-smart-resample-in-new-projects--103579/

NickHope schrieb am 01.10.2016 um 03:57 Uhr

By the way, that versionfaker app really works, even with VEGAS-branded FX! Converted my VP14 project and it opened in VP13. Amazing.

bravof schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 08:46 Uhr

To use the workflow Vegas2HandBrake in Vegas Pro 14 three modifications are needed.

1. DebugMode FrameServer

Copy file »Frameserver.x64.fio2007-config« from

»C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\« (or path of appropriate Vegas Pro program folder)
to
»C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\«

What if I did not install vegas 13? Where do I get this file?

bravof schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 08:50 Uhr

Reading you instructions at the top of this post it's clear that this is for an upgrade from V13 to V14. What would be fantastic is to get the instructions for a fresh install on V14 of your extension.

thanks!

NickHope schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 08:55 Uhr

What if I did not install vegas 13? Where do I get this file?

In this comment we were told that it's possible to run the Frameserver installer and change the install path to VP14 folder. Framesever can be downloaded at http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/

bravof schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 10:08 Uhr

Thanks Nick,

OK: I managed to install on vegas2handbrake on Vegas 14 but I could not get it to work. I modified send2handbrake.js as indicated above and went thru the setup steps.

The problem I have is that send2handbrake does not open handbrake. When I click on the send2handbrake, it opens the frameserver and I get the "writing signpost AVI file, please wait". This takes a LONG time: about 90 seconds for a 12 second video (on a 16-core machine). But then once the frameserver is launched, nothing happens. Handbrake does not open.

http://prntscr.com/cplv9m

The batch keeps running in an infinite loop:

http://prntscr.com/cplvhi

Marco. schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 10:25 Uhr

To me it looks like as if there is a problem with the file mount system or AviSynth on your system. 

While the process is locked in the loop, please check at C:\frameserver\ if there is a folder (not a file) "vegas.avs\" – and assumed there is such a folder, if there is a file "vegas.avi" in it.

bravof schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 10:40 Uhr

To me it looks like as if there is a problem with the file mount system or AviSynth on your system. 

While the process is locked in the loop, please check at C:\frameserver\ if there is a folder (not a file) "vegas.avs\" – and assumed there is such a folder, if there is a file "vegas.avi" in it.

Thanks Marco.

When I copy that folder from your ZIP file there only is a vegas.avs file, not a folder.

When I run the batch then: no, there is not a vegas.avs folder that gets created.

and it's in the source folder that vegas.avi gets created.

I installed avisynth 2.6 and Pismo File Mount Audit Package.

Marco. schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 10:50 Uhr

Mmh, I'm not sure what you could do but what you describe focuses it's the file mount system failing. 

Are you sure you installed the correct version of Pismo File Mount?

bravof schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 11:24 Uhr

Are you sure you installed the correct version of Pismo File Mount?

It's the "audit" version, build 183 (the one currently on their website), for windows of course. 

I uninstalled it and re-installed it but I am getting the same result. 

I have windows defender running: would that perhaps block the mounting?

In case this matters I'm running windows 10 x64.

bravof schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 11:33 Uhr

I have windows defender running: would that perhaps block the mounting?

YES! That was it: I disabled "beloved and precious" Windows Defender and all works! It was Windows Defender silently deciding I should not be mounting anything. I love it when microsoft makes decisions for me :)

Marco. schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 11:38 Uhr

I'm glad it works for you now.

bravof schrieb am 04.10.2016 um 11:45 Uhr

Frameserver Performance

The main reason I would like to use Handbrake is for performance: Handbrake does a faster job at encoding than Mainconcept AVC. 

However the step "Writing signpot AVI" completely kills the whole performance:

http://prntscr.com/cpmv15

A 3-minute vegas video takes about 20 minutes in this "debug mode frameserver". The Frameserver is not coded to make good usage of multicore processors:

http://prntscr.com/cpmtt8

Here I am with a 16 core / 32 thread processor, but Frameserver "writing signpost" is only using 1 or 2 threads:

http://prntscr.com/cpmvo3

I could encode my whole file in Vegas faster than it takes me to reach handbrake. 

Is there anything I can do to accelerate the "writing signpost AVI" step?

Skywatcher schrieb am 25.11.2016 um 21:46 Uhr

Hey Guys,

After installing update 201 and fixing NB Titler Pro 4 . . . now V2H won't work. It was working with build 189. The error message pops up immediately after clicking the Send2handbrake icon. It says: "Could not find DebugMode Frameserver" . . . I attached a photo.

Also, i uninstalled SV13 after I got everything to work properly in MV14. I followed Marco's instructions and copied everything into the right folders . . . like I said; it was working in the earlier build.