VEGAS Pro 14.0 (Build 161) Released

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 2:36 AM

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/

Abbreviated Release Notes:

New features in version 14.0
  • Added Smart Zoom, Smart Scale, and Smart adaptive deinterlacing to allow you to upscale clips for Ultra HD delivery (requires a supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU).
  • Added a Vignette video effect.
  • Added support for working with high-frame-rate (HFR) clips.
  • Added hover scrub to the Trimmer for fast scrubbing.
  • Updated support for current BlackMagic Design hardware:
    • DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, 4K Pro, 4K Extreme, Studio 4K, SDI 4K, HD Extreme, Extreme 3D, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
    • Intensity Shuttle, Pro 4K, and Pro.
    • UltraStudio 4K Extreme, 4K, Pro, SDI, Express, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
  • Improved support for clips from RED ONE, EPIC, SCARLET, and WEAPON cameras.
    • Added Post lift, Post gamma, Post gain, and Dragon enhanced blacks controls to the R3D Decode Properties dialog.
    • Fixed an issue that caused certain clips to fail to load on upgraded RED WEAPON cameras with older firmware.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading certain old RED ONE clips.
    • Fixed a color cast that could occur in clips shot with RED Motion Mount on the latest camera firmware.
  • Updated support for current AJA hardware.
  • Added a Resample mode drop-down list to the Video tab in the Project Properties dialog. You can use this control to set the default resample mode for your project video. To override the project resample mode, you can use the Force resample and Disable resample event switches.
  • Improved playback and editing performance when using a Dynamic RAM Preview cache size greater than 200 MB.
  • Improved gamma calculations for still-image sequence renders for 32-bit floating point projects. Now levels for 32-bit floating point (video levels) and 32-bit floating point (full range) with nonlinear gamma are more consistent with 8-bit levels.
  • Added a Group Video and Audio Events script (Tools > Scripting) to allow you to easily group audio and video events from an imported EDL.
  • Increased the top-end of the range of event Velocity envelopes to 1,000% to increase the maximum possible overall velocity of video on the timeline to 40 times normal speed (in conjunction with the Playback rate event property).
  • New artwork and icons for buttons and other interface elements give the application an updated, more modern look and feel.
  • Support for reading and writing HEVC/H265 files.
  • Native support for reading ProRes 422 files without the need for QuickTime.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused a disabled Beziér mask to become enabled when the mask is moved
  • Fixed a bug that caused some Video Capture Help links to be non functional
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Sharpen FX to exhibit different results when set to 0.000 depending upon whether the GPU was engaged or not
  • Fixed a but that caused the arrow keys and J/K/L shortcuts to lose the ability to move the play head after undoing a framerate change in Project Properties
  • Fixed a bug that prevented users from choosing their language during the installation process
  • Fixed a bug that prevented video files from some cell phone devices from being recognized
  • Fixed a bug in the scripting API that could cause an OverflowException in scripting extensions
  • Fixed a bug that could cause VEGAS Pro to hang if the Escape key is pressed to dismiss the Render As dialog box
  • Improved support for HiDPI displays. WIndows 8.1 or Windows 10 is recommended when using a HiDPI display.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when clicking in the header of the Vegas Explorer in Details view.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when renaming an in-use file in the Vegas Explorer.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with multiple GPUs.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with many network adapters.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to become unresponsive when loading projects that contained unavailable plug-ins.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause rendered files to be truncated when rendering from FLAC source audio.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause inconsistent audio and video stream lengths when working with some MP4 clips.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause one frame to appear black when using Side by side (full) stereoscopic 3D mode with GPU acceleration enabled.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion to offset horizontally only with GPU acceleration enabled.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion when the 2D Glow check box was selected with GPU acceleration enabled.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect display when using FX Bypass mode in a split-screen configuration with GPU acceleration enabled.
  • Fixed an error that incorrectly listed the Studio RGB range in the Broadcast Colors plug-in as 16-135. The correct range -- 16-235 -- is now displayed.
  • Fixed drawing and scaling issues that could occur when running Vegas Pro with a HiDPI display on Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10.
  • Fixed drawing issues that could occur when scaling the keyframe timeline for OpenFX plug-ins.
  • Improved performance when using 64-bit VST plug-ins.
  • Fixed a bug that could result in inconsistent behavior after pasting video event attributes.
  • Fixed a bug that could prevent Vegas Pro from correctly reading the Field Order value in some MOV files.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Titles & Text plug-in from working correctly.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the application to become unresponsive in projects that contain a large number of bins in the Project Media window.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented smart bins from preserving their Condition setting.
  • Pressing A in the Trimmer now adds the current selection to the timeline as an event. If there is no selection in the Trimmer, the entire clip is used.

Comments

set wrote on 9/20/2016, 2:45 AM

Need Motion Tracking ability, 3D Objects addition, or advance Chroma keying?

Look at Vegas Pro 14 Suite .

Vegas Pro 14 Suite comes with 3 exclusive Boris Continuum Units from Boris FX

Last changed by set on 9/20/2016, 2:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

Grundman wrote on 9/20/2016, 2:57 AM

Well...How to upgrade? There is no easy option to do it ion the main page, only add to basket at full price...

vkmast wrote on 9/20/2016, 3:01 AM

Thanks Nick, excellent.

Grazie wrote on 9/20/2016, 3:17 AM

Well, I got to the Upgrade Offer, but the SHOPPING Basket still stubbornly remains at VP13 - no mention of UPGRADE to VP14.

MAGIX please advise.

GrinGEO wrote on 9/20/2016, 3:31 AM

not received any upgrade offer... how to?

GJeffrey wrote on 9/20/2016, 3:32 AM

Added Smart Zoom, Smart Scale, and Smart adaptive deinterlacing to allow you to upscale clips for Ultra HD delivery (requires a supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU).

Should be great to know what are the supported GPU. So far, on the specification page, my old GTX570 is supported but when I render a video using Smart adaptive deinterlace, I have random black frames.

When i render using MC AVC (using internet template in my test), I end up with a file *.mp4.tmp. I have to remove the tmp extension to be able to read it in a video player. SonyAVC is ok though.

In 32bit (video level) project my preview windows in completely black when the preview is set to draft, preview, good or best full (this does not happen with VP13)

VP14 project can't be opened in VP13.

On the good side, preview is faster with effects added on my system.

Of course the old scripts don't work and the debugmode frameserver does not appear on the render list.

altarvic wrote on 9/20/2016, 3:35 AM

not received any upgrade offer... how to?

I think you should just wait.

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 4:05 AM

Debugmode Frameserver works! 😀 I just copied

C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\Frameserver.x64.fio2007-config

to

C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\Frameserver.x64.fio2007-config

and it works.

It looks like you would need Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 and Frameserver 2.15 installed for this to be possible, otherwise you wouldn't be able to install it. (Edit: Or maybe you can install it after all. See this comment ). The Framesever code is open source, so perhaps someone could write an installer for VP14.

Unfortunately it's still only serving 44.1 kHz audio from a 48 kHz project, as expected and like it did in VP13. As it's open source it would be great if someone could try to fix that, perhaps even a MAGIX dev, as it's such a valuable extension. Chris Dolan made a start a couple of years ago but Satish himself decided to stop development on it.

Grazie wrote on 9/20/2016, 4:32 AM

I think you should just wait.

Do you know something we don't?

Marco. wrote on 9/20/2016, 4:44 AM

It has always taken some days in the past years until all subscribed owners of former licenses got their upgrade offers. Some got it within hours others had to wait about a week. This is due to how mass mail sending works. It's a technical network thingy.

vkmast wrote on 9/20/2016, 4:50 AM

It has always taken some days in the past years until all subscribed owners of former licenses got their upgrade offers. Some got it within hours others had to wait about a week. This is due to how mass mail sending works. It's a technical network thingy.

I (and seemingly many others) am still waiting for a first Vegas-related email from MAGIX.

Quitter wrote on 9/20/2016, 5:01 AM

After all I have received from Vegasaur an email that MAGIX Software just released the brand new VEGAS Pro 14 😉

Camcorder: Sony CX 520 VE
Hardware:   Acer NG-A717-72G-71YD, Win 11 , i7-8750 H, 16GB, GTX 1060 6GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD
NLE:  Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 Build 453
            Vegas Pro 14.0 Build 270
            Vegas Pro 21.0 Build 300

Former user wrote on 9/20/2016, 5:07 AM

I also expect the email with Magix, I bought Vegas Pro 13 this past summer with the offer of $ 199 and logically should receive an email with the download of Vegas Pro 14 and its activation key. But now I have not received anything either! Is Magix is being scammed us? I ask myself, when I still get nothing

jxb wrote on 9/20/2016, 5:36 AM

I did not even know SCS had sold Vegas Pro. I too am therefore awaiting some sort of communication offering me a much reduced upgrade price to Vegas Pro Suite.

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 6:17 AM

The existing Sony Media Manager 2.4b works without doing anything, which is a huge relief (although Win 10 Anniversary edition breaks it ).

Also got my Contour Shuttle Pro 2 working by copying the VP13 application settings to VP14 as per this method 👍

I opened 4 different ProRes 422 files successfully, but a ProRes 444 file would not open (as expected). When I opened the first ProRes file it went online to activate the mxhevcplug.dll codec. First time it told me it couldn't establish a connection and I have to kill VP14 from the task manager. The 2nd time it activated sucessfully. Playback performance in VP14 (using mxhevcplug.dll) is similar to VP13 (using qt7plug.dll).

JJKizak wrote on 9/20/2016, 6:34 AM

I wonder if they will send out offers to owners of Vegas Pro 12?

JJK

VMP wrote on 9/20/2016, 6:39 AM

Still waiting for the upgrade offer.
Which email will it come from?

I own VP13 too.

I can imagine that it might take some time before the email to arrive.  I do see many previous customers already complaining about not getting an upgade offer, also on facebook - 

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 7:12 AM

I did an HEVC render from 8-bit settings in an 8-bit project:

• Only 48kHz audio available, not 44.1kHz (not good if you only have 44.1 kHz stock music in your video)
  • It's limited to 3840x2160. No true 4k 4096x2160.
  • The luminance got lifted a little
  • It rendered an extra frame at the start
  • It was 2 frames too short at the end
  • The end was not quantized to frames
  • Otherwise the quality at default settings looks OK at first glance

I have read from random websites that HEVC upload is not supported yet on YouTube but is supported on Vimeo.

Marco. wrote on 9/20/2016, 7:25 AM

Nick, I got slightly different results. Maybe this is due to the different GPU we use. I use a notebook based on Intel HD Graphics 520 Skylake GT2 (and HEVC render uses 100 % GPU load on my system).

My HEVC renderings are frame accurate and according to waveform and histogram analysis there is no luma (nor chroma) drift. I am surprised how well this encoder works, though I haven't any use for video above 2k.

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 8:22 AM

On my system, VP14 is not picking up extensions from these locations:

• C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\Application Extensions\
  • Documents\Vegas Application Extensions\

a) Are those folders that don't get read by VP14?... or b) is it doing some checking for VP14 compatibility?... Which folders do get read for extensions by VP14?

Marco. wrote on 9/20/2016, 8:32 AM

Vegasaur 3.0 installs its extension files at

C:\ProgramData\VEGAS Pro\Application Extensions\

Other extensions which are not yet adapted for Vegas Pro 14 won't work when copied to same location. There are several modifications to be done for each extension to make them work in VP14.

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 8:51 AM
Other extensions which are not yet adapted for Vegas Pro 14 won't work when copied to same location. There are several modifications to be done for each extension to make them work in VP14.

It was a long shot but I did try hacking CC_ShowEventLength.dll (from Show Event Length) to change Sony.Vegas to ScriptPortal.Vegas and run it manually from C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\Script Menu\ (as it won't show up in various application extension folders I tried). Not surprisingly it doesn't work

Marco. wrote on 9/20/2016, 8:55 AM

Did you try dropping your modified CC_ShowEventLength.dll into C:\ProgramData\VEGAS Pro\Application Extensions\?

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 9:09 AM

Did you try dropping your modified CC_ShowEventLength.dll into C:\ProgramData\VEGAS Pro\Application Extensions\?

Yes, but it doesn't show up in Edit>Extentions, View>Extensions or Tools>Extensions.

Incidentally I'm going to try and contact Rosebud (Gilles) and ask him about the possibility of updates to "Show Event Length" and "Go To", but he hasn't posted for a year so he may have moved on. I'll really miss those 2. What information would he need from us in order to make the updates, apart from the new folder structure and namespace? Would he need to have VP14 himself?

Also Marco, do you have contact with the people who wrote "SeMW Extensions" and the "Show Recording Data" extension? Would be great to get updates for those.