That is correct.... I'm not using any paging file (cpu is a Q6600). But then I'm also not rendering avchd at 1920. I do have some sample avchd at 1440 and I have no problems rendering that out to 1920.
Is it possible for you to post a sample some where? I'll repeat in on the time line for a 1/2 hour or so and let it rip.
The source for my AVCHD material is a Sony SR12 (PAL). Im' on Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
I have NEWER had problems with 8.0b on 8.0c rendering out to DVD (mpeg2 SD). Even from a timeline with AVCDH or mixed material!!
BUT the problems starts with 8.0c (fails almost in all projects) - IF I render AVCDH material out to the BluRay (1920x1080i 25fps) format using all 4 threads. Seems that the codes used for this purpose has a problem... or is triggering the problem. It seems like a page file size leak, since the page file grows suddenly before the crash...
Please note that everything I render is PAL, one way or the other.
8.0c does NOT fail if I set the number of render threads to less than 1 or 2 (I never tested 3).
8.1 renders (on the same system) every project WITH ALL 4 threads active, also those projects that fails in 8.0c. It is not an CPU overheating issue, since 8.1 can run the CPU close to 100% for hours and hours, without any problems.
My CPU is QX9650, running normally OC:d to 3.82GHz, but during critical tests (like these) I run at 3.2GHz.. My ASUS mobo has the Intel X48 chipset, so the intel CPU is very happy...
I really hope some of you could replicate this problem. It seems that SCS does not take this too seriously if only a few complain about such an issue. They suggested that I should use 8.1. GLADLY - but I cannot use my most important plugins...
I would gladly like to upload an AVCDH clip somewhere, if you could test this with the same settings... but where should I upload the clip?
I got a hold of a 10 second 1920x1080 avchd sample. It was NTSC so i used Vegas (8c) to transcode over to PAL avchd
I then reimported that, threw it on the time line and repeated it for 20 minutes with a bunch of Xfades here and there.
I rendered it out with the standard Blu Ray template set on BEST (1920x1080/50i). The only thing I changed in the template was bitrate. The template defaults on VBR which I hate, and changed it to 25m cbr
At no time during any part of this entire process did Vegas crash. CPU usage (with all 4 cores) was between 80 and 100% and memory usage was between 2gigs and 2.48gigs (I had some other programs going)
Again, I have to suggest that you have a hardware/software conflict going on there somewhere.
No Christian... I believe that Blink mentioned that the clips were indeed AVCHD. But I basically get the same results he does when rendering in that fashion--I cannot get v8.0c to fail or lock up, and I am using all 4 cores. Of course I am using XP 32-bit, so that might be an issue. I have ordered Vista Home Premium 64-bit to try running v8.1, but I haven't yet received it.
So if anyone is interested, I can post some AVCHD clips of a volleyball game that I am taping tonight. I will make sure to record it at the highest resolution possible on the Sony SR11 (it's identical to the SR12, except I only have a 60gb hard drive), and then can upload the whole game to a server tonight after the game. The clips will be anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes in length, depending upon time-outs and such. So it will take me a bit to get that done, but at least it would give everyone the same footage to test--and there would be a good 70-80 minutes of it.