Are you satisfied with the new VEGAS PRO 14?

glovercover wrote on 9/20/2016, 7:17 AM

To be honest, I am completely disappointed. I love Vegas, but this update would be good for Vegas 13 two years ago, but for the new version is too weak.  Believe me, I'm a big fan of Vegas. But what is happening does not please me.Unfortunately Vegas 14 can be of interest only to devoted fans. New, young people are unlikely to appreciate the good old Vegas. I am sure it will affect sales. Magix if still plan to save Vegas, you need to change everything.

Comments

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 8:02 AM

I suspect Vegas has been a bit of a victim of the handover from Sony to MAGIX, which is why it's rather light on new features, and we have the issues with plugins and scripts. I prefer to give them a chance and have faith that development will be positive going forward. They've already shown they listen to us by fixing lots of the bugs and including small but begged-for improvements like the 1000% velocity envelope and the resample setting.

andyrpsmith wrote on 9/20/2016, 8:05 AM

What is the problem ,you do not give any indication of why?

(Intel 3rd gen i5@4.1GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, 1080Ti GPU, Windows 10) Not now used with Vegas.

13th gen i913900K - water cooled, 96GB RAM, 4TB M2 drive, 4TB games SSD, 2TB video SSD, GPU RTX 4080 Super, Windows 11 pro

Quitter wrote on 9/20/2016, 8:09 AM

I would cry if I had spent nearly 600 bucks for this beta

Camcorder: Sony CX 520 VE
Hardware:   Acer NG-A717-72G-71YD, Win 11 , i7-8750 H, 16GB, GTX 1060 6GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD
NLE:  Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 Build 453
            Vegas Pro 14.0 Build 270
            Vegas Pro 21.0 Build 300

ritsmer wrote on 9/20/2016, 9:39 AM

I would cry if I had spent nearly 600 bucks for this beta

Ha, ha:  Using Vegas every day and   really liking the built-in Vegas "spirit" -  I was one among many fearing what would happen to Vegas if Sony just gave it up.

Some may call this V14 version a 13.5 - I don't - and I have gladly paid the upgrade price to get this version with its innumerable bug fixes to be able to use and enjoy this great piece of a NLE for the years to come.

Reading the reactions of this release day (still missing the western US) Gary and his team has succeded in making a good base for coming Vegas V14 b, c and d updates and also for future new versions too....

Quitter wrote on 9/20/2016, 9:48 AM

No, i don't call it 13.5
It would also be great if I could continue all my 13er projects there, without to reboot constantly Vegas or the PC.

Camcorder: Sony CX 520 VE
Hardware:   Acer NG-A717-72G-71YD, Win 11 , i7-8750 H, 16GB, GTX 1060 6GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD
NLE:  Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 Build 453
            Vegas Pro 14.0 Build 270
            Vegas Pro 21.0 Build 300

VidMus wrote on 9/20/2016, 9:55 AM

It is way too soon to say if I am satisfied with Vegas 14! Magix acquired a mess from Sony and it is going to take a while to clean it all up. Yes, there are bugs that need to be worked out but at least Magix seems to be more than willing to work on them. Unlike Sony, who couldn't care less about us!

set wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:01 AM

When Vegas Pro 12 released first time, it was also worse... so much issue, I still remember - Color Curve bug! - but after one release build of 12th version, forgot which build - it is extremely stable. The same to 13th version.

I still can work in 13.453 which the most stable I've felt so far - but keep hoping someday I will also move to 14th later.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

Julius_ wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:14 AM

Estatic!

dlion wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:17 AM

i'd have to say no.

the last email i received from magix was sept. 9, about movie edit pro. nothing about vegas and no way to upgrade on their site today.

in addition, i see many bug reports. obviously folks have gotten their upgrade offers already. anybody care to share the $$ for upgrade from v13?

so for me, the new project i was planning for v14 is on hold. i'll wait and see what happens, but i', terribly underwhelmed,

DrLumen wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:21 AM

I think someone may be a bit cranky that they didn't get their vegas upgrade with a hello kitty reskin.

intel i-4790k / Asus Z97 Pro / 32GB Crucial RAM / Nvidia GTX 560Ti / 500GB Samsung SSD / 256 GB Samsung SSD / 2-WDC 4TB Black HDD's / 2-WDC 1TB HDD's / 2-HP 23" Monitors / Various MIDI gear, controllers and audio interfaces

glovercover wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:26 AM

I think someone may be a bit cranky that they didn't get their vegas upgrade with a hello kitty reskin.

If you're talking about me, why mention the UI you will always remember HelloKitty. Look  Dribbble, there are many examples of good, functional design. Its 2k16 remember?

ion-marin wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:35 AM

Not satisfied at all. Everyone was screaming for years now about updating the supported GPU's for better cuda rendering. GTX TITAN-X is still an unsupported graphics card. Every graphics card after GTX580 is useless in vegas. This is totaly unacceptable. And now you evend disabled {from internal's menu} GPU acceleration. (with gpu disabled it takes about 4 times longer to render in AVC) why woud you do that??. A huge amout of user were waiting for impoved gpu support and what do we get?.... We got a new vegas 13 with MINOR improvements.

DrLumen wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:50 AM

If you're talking about me, why mention the UI you will always remember HelloKitty. Look  Dribbble, there are many examples of good, functional design. Its 2k16 remember?

If the bow fits...

intel i-4790k / Asus Z97 Pro / 32GB Crucial RAM / Nvidia GTX 560Ti / 500GB Samsung SSD / 256 GB Samsung SSD / 2-WDC 4TB Black HDD's / 2-WDC 1TB HDD's / 2-HP 23" Monitors / Various MIDI gear, controllers and audio interfaces

NickHope wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:50 AM

Once the initial VP14 bugs have been fixed, I bet (hope) improved GPU acceleration goes to the top of the devs' backlog.

glovercover wrote on 9/20/2016, 10:54 AM

If the bow fits...

We should always strives for more and better, to demand this from ourselves and from others

ion-marin wrote on 9/20/2016, 11:15 AM

Once the initial VP14 bugs have been fixed, I bet (hope) improved GPU acceleration goes to the top of the devs' backlog.

Well, vegas users kinda lost there hope on this... still think Magix made a very big mistake with this.

RealityStudio wrote on 9/20/2016, 12:54 PM

I'm not expecting much because from the time of aquisition to now simply isn't enough time to add new features. I'm expecting just bug fixes on Vegas 14, I figure I'll have to wait for Vegas 15 for gpu support. I'll try Resolve as well just in case to see how it compares though, although scripting is what's basically kept me locked to Vegas Pro for many years now.

nolteman wrote on 9/20/2016, 2:59 PM

La verdad pienso que Vegas necesita tener una interfaz oscura similar a Photoshop o Fusion de BlackMagic, que sea atractiva a la vista, el otro problema es que pienso que tienen es ustedes aun quieren poner botones grandes llega a ser molesto, porque usuarios como yo, que trabajamos en un portatil, agradeceriamos mucho tener una interfaz mas minimalista, que cada espacio de la interfaz este al minimo, por ejemplo ahora mismo parece Internet explorer y lo que pedimos es que se parezca mas a Chrome.

fhu wrote on 9/20/2016, 3:12 PM

It's only been 3 months since Magix purchased VEGAS. This update was more of a stability / under the hood alignment. I never expected a completely new UI or loads more features. Those things take time. It's only been 3 months. I view this release as a measure of good faith on both parties; the users saying we're onboard and the developer saying we're actively working. They're offering a stable platform that will suffice while they make the major / substantial changes. Again, it's only been 3 months. 

DrLumen wrote on 9/20/2016, 4:14 PM

La verdad pienso que Vegas necesita tener una interfaz oscura similar a Photoshop o Fusion de BlackMagic, que sea atractiva a la vista, el otro problema es que pienso que tienen es ustedes aun quieren poner botones grandes llega a ser molesto, porque usuarios como yo, que trabajamos en un portatil, agradeceriamos mucho tener una interfaz mas minimalista, que cada espacio de la interfaz este al minimo, por ejemplo ahora mismo parece Internet explorer y lo que pedimos es que se parezca mas a Chrome.

Like IE and Chrome? Really?  That is like comparing apples to electron microscopes. A minimalist UI only leads to wasting time with more button clicks as you expand menus and search for the next menu or dropdown to find the next setting etc. That is like saying, lets streamline your hand, you have too many fingers!

As to using a laptop, while I know some use a laptop in a pinch, how are small buttons beneficial to pro users creating content on 4K displays? You think they want small buttons? You think they want displays optimized to a laptop screen?

Kinvermark wrote on 9/20/2016, 4:30 PM

It's only been 3 months since Magix purchased VEGAS. This update was more of a stability / under the hood alignment. I never expected a completely new UI or loads more features. Those things take time. It's only been 3 months

Exactly.  I already noticed two helpful improvements for me:   gh4 4K 24P footage imports correctly, and playback of a 4k timeline is much better.    I am sure there is much more to discover.

Glenn Thomas wrote on 9/20/2016, 4:49 PM

I haven't received the download and serial email yet from the $199 upgrade, but regardless of how many extra features have been added and how dated it may still look, the workflow for me still beats anything else out there. 

Former user wrote on 9/20/2016, 6:15 PM

A little bit of feedback from Magix on this would be good!  Hope only goes so far, it's not like they don't know about the issue, yet it's still on the back burner. 

PeterWright wrote on 9/20/2016, 7:27 PM

glovercover - I would pay more attention to your posts if you said something!     You've indicated a general dissatisfaction with the new version, but you have not described a single feature you are missing - please do us the courtesy of being specific.