Vegas records hundreds of "undo" states when using 3rd party plugins.
Please see this other thread with more details and how other software acts with this issue;
The main problem has two issues;
The interface of the affected plugin become very slow (build 370) and even unworkable (build 403).
You can see more about this (confirmed by others) in the link above.
In 370 the workaround was to "not enable undo for 3rd party FX", but in 403 this doesn't work anylonger.
So in 403 the undo-states are always fetched / recorded, resulting in tearing of the mouse and crashing of the program.
There are so many useless undo-states it causes crash and lag.
Basically that is it, it is all shown in the thread I linked above.
But to keep focus, this thread is about the undo-event only (I thing it results in tearing of the mouse, but I am not 100% sure).
I have mentioned this months ago, and created lot's of tickets to it - no one simple answers and in 403 it is now unworkable.
I have created / compiled my own Vegas20.exe for build 360 so I can still use it, because 403 is extreme bad in performance.
So there are many useless undo-states; that is the main problem I describe here (it causes crash of Vegas and lag in plugins).
See this recording, the issue is with all 3rd party plugins.
- In the beginning I have one undo-state.
- Than I change a parameter for a internal plugin.
- This results in another undo-state (which is okay).
- Than I change a paramater for a third party plugin.
- This results in hundreds of undo's (and tearing / lagging the plugin interface).
- Than I try to change another 3rd party and show the amount of undo's.
- Vegas crashes (it also crashes when not showing, but "undoing".
The system has 128GB of ram, that should be enough and the crashes are random, but always connected to "undo".
In Vegas 20 / 370 "do not save FX undo" was a workaround.
But in Vegas 20 / 403 this option doesn't act how it should be and the tearing becomes more bad than ever (see link above).