Comments

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 5/23/2016, 11:15 PM
Of course it could have been re-written the proper way DonaldT.
Premiere Pro was re-written and look at the big overhaul Final Cut went thru,
and with much hate when Final Cut X came out and now look at its huge
following and user base...
Former user wrote on 5/23/2016, 11:35 PM
Steve, not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. But the point I was making is, if you have an existing pro-editor and you purchase another editor that is in need of a major overhaul, would you use your resources for that?

In the case of Premiere and FCP, they were re-written by the original developers who had no other similar products.
Grazie wrote on 5/24/2016, 12:17 AM
I do hope PeterH is part of the MAGIX development team that are being recruited in Madison. Would make sense - wouldn't it?

G
malowz wrote on 5/24/2016, 12:19 AM
Sheeeeeetttt. :(
PeterWright wrote on 5/24/2016, 12:31 AM
Their Pro Video Editor is quite well featured, but lacks Application Scripting - one of the Vegas treasures.

Also Multicam limited to 9 tracks, but it does include a Camtasia-like screen recorder.
Peter Siamidis wrote on 5/24/2016, 12:57 AM
"Their Pro Video Editor is quite well featured, but lacks Application Scripting - one of the Vegas treasures."

Yeah I was afraid of that. I have a feeling that will be left on the cutting room floor when they inevitably merge their two products. I'm signing up for Premier Pro CC just in case, I've been hugely dependent on Vegas scripting for years now but I think the time has come for me to plan for not having it. Have to see how I can revise my workflow to minimize the pain.
John_Cline wrote on 5/24/2016, 1:26 AM
Nothing I can do now except wait and see what happens.
PeterWright wrote on 5/24/2016, 1:29 AM
Peter, you may be right but that's the pessimistic view point.
I prefer to think that scripting is one of the reasons they've bought Vegas!
Grazie wrote on 5/24/2016, 1:43 AM
Could be that the motives are to finesse User-Base acquisition before other stalking horses get their hands on Vegas, this would now maintain and extend their own market penetration, look at their portfolio of their other titles. Do you see a pattern?

The many reasons I joined up with SonicFoundry in 2002 was what appeared to me to be a company driven by the ideas coming directly from their User base, here, on the Forums. That's when I ditched VideoWave, not only because it was technically inept, but failed to listen to the anguish of their customers.

Is there a European link/partnership between MGI, ROXIO and MAGIX?

Grazie
CJB wrote on 5/24/2016, 1:56 AM
It would appear that Magix just migrated their Video Pro X to support OFX plugins. Hopefully this means that our plugs will transfer over (they don't always work across all OFX platforms). That's where most of my money is anyway......
Grazie wrote on 5/24/2016, 2:00 AM
DC, any indication of GPU support? And yes I have many OFXs too. Buddying up with NewBlue indicates a sense to bust open the doors.

G
PeterDuke wrote on 5/24/2016, 3:16 AM
I investigated Magix Video Pro X4 4 years ago and reported some findings in this thread:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?forumid=4&messageid=827246

Since then I have not looked at it.

Authoring DVDs was a bit clunky compared to DVDA.
Grazie wrote on 5/24/2016, 3:49 AM
MAGIX purchase has all the SCS Products (?), this would imply DVDA too. In which case why purchase DVDA if it wasn't further to include DVDA in their plans. Unless it was solely to secure market penetration before one of their competitors were to step in.

Grazie

PeterDuke wrote on 5/24/2016, 4:40 AM
My memory is a bit hazy Grazie (sorry). Perhaps I was trying to avoid the BD skip chapters bug with Panasonic players and DVDA authoring.
John222 wrote on 5/24/2016, 5:20 AM
Companies don't purchase similar products to maintain both. In all likelihood, they will get rid of one of them. My guess is Vegas 14 will be Pro X . They are buying market share.
Downunder wrote on 5/24/2016, 5:39 AM
Well, well, well.... at last, just as I predicted on another VP thread at the beginning of the month re:

"I do believe there is a new release of Vegas Pro and other software waiting to be released, but from who????"

I am really looking forward to seeing our beloved Vegas Pro take off (again) in the not too distant future, maybe under another name........ Let us all enjoy the ride...

PeterDuke wrote on 5/24/2016, 5:43 AM
"Companies don't purchase similar products to maintain both"

Have you looked at Corel's offerings?

Image editing: Photo-Paint (part of CorelDraw), PaintShop Pro, Photo Impact, AfterShot.
Video editing: VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio
TeetimeNC wrote on 5/24/2016, 6:50 AM
This sounds like good news, especially if Peter is involved in the new venture. I hope we will continue to have access to this GREAT knowledgebase. I frequently use search here to supplement the Vegas documentation.

Jerry
http://www.takeonesolutions.com
Photography • Video
Dexcon wrote on 5/24/2016, 6:59 AM
+1 Downunder ... let's enjoy the ride.

Vegas Pro lives though maybe in a different form, which will hopefully be for the better. And an update to Sound Forge also apparently.

Like others, I really hope that the range of plugins already purchased for VP will transfer seamlessly to whatever will be the next version of Vegas Pro under Magix. For example, I wouldn't be at all happy if I had to pay for another BCC10 OFX version for Magix's VP14 as I've just upgraded to BCC10 OFX for VP under SCS.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

craftech wrote on 5/24/2016, 7:42 AM
Here is my opinion:

I have been a Vegas user since Version 3 (Actually I bought Version 2 and got a free upgrade).

The main reason for sticking with Vegas for me has been THIS FORUM. It is second to none.

Help from the SCS team is generally limited to the period shortly after a new release. All of you have seen that they chime in to help at that time and then mostly disappear.

That means that the incredible help with the software comes from the members of the forum.

The sharing of ideas comes from the members of the forum.

The moral support comes from the members of the forum.

I submit that it is the users of the software that have made it what it is and if the forum dies so does Vegas.

Regards,

John

Grazie wrote on 5/24/2016, 7:51 AM
Craftie, there are other VegasPro-Centric Forums for us to "play" on.

Grazie
Norm Chan wrote on 5/24/2016, 8:14 AM
Thanks, Geoff, for the great news.

I have been a Magix Samplitude user for over twenty years, and currently on the Pro-X2 version. I can assure you that Magix takes development of their software very seriously, and they have a very capable software development team. Hopefully Vegas will receive as much attention as their other products.

I have also briefly used their Video deluxe software years ago before going to Vegas. Wonder whether Video deluxe and Vegas will eventually merge into one.

Now the two most important software I rely on professionally are under the same company.

Norm
Len Kaufman wrote on 5/24/2016, 8:21 AM
This is a modestly interesting review of the Magix product, with a few comparisons to SVP. Is it just me, or does the Magix packaging in the article look somewhat Vegas-like?
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/video-editing/1403120/magix-video-pro-x7-review
JJKizak wrote on 5/24/2016, 8:35 AM
OK, I'm waiting for someone in authority to say "This new site is the new official Vegas forum".
JJK