Can't Pan Videos All The Way to Edge?

Ken-Theriot wrote on 10/22/2020, 6:26 PM

I'm creating a video with 16 different videos - all of them from different people who shot their own - and trying to arrange them to all fit on one screen that would have 16 "panels" like PiP. I'm using Pan/Cropping tool on each one to shrink them down and drag them around on the 1920x1080 space. But some of them only go to about 75% of the way to the left or right before they start to disappear under the black. And another one can go as far left or right s I want it, but can only go up about 80% of the space before it, too, starts to disappear under the black.

Is there any way to fix this so that I can drag every video to anywhere on the screen space to utilize all the space?

Thanks!

Comments

john_dennis wrote on 10/22/2020, 6:41 PM

Use Pan/Crop to size each video. Use Track Motion to place each video on the canvas created by your Project Properties.

red-diamond wrote on 10/22/2020, 7:00 PM

Track Motion is the easiest way to do that, Ken. But another is to uncheck the "Lock Aspect Ratio" button and the "Size About the Center" button in the Pan/Crop window. Stretch the window first and then position your clip.

Windows Version: 7 64-bit, SP-1; 7.5 WEI (I hate Win 10)

Mother Board: ROG Maximus VI Hero w/ Corsair 850 Watt Power Supply

Processor: Intel Quad Core i7, Haswell 4770k 3.5 Ghz w/ Ballistix 32 Gb (4x 8G Sport) DDR3 1600 PC3 - 12,800 RAM:

Video Card: ASUS AMD Radeon R9-390 & Realtek HD Audio OEM Sound Card & OHCI compliant IEEE1394 Capture

BRD Burner: LG Super Multi-Blue x 2 & DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-118L

Current Software Editors & Tools: SVP 10, 11, 12 , 13. MVP 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18. Plus AVID Media Composer 6, Premier Pro CS5.5, Avid Liquid 7, AVID Studio, All Pinnacles up to 15, Cyberlink PD and others

OS and Storage 2x SSD's with rendering on separate partition but on same SSD. A/V files on separate drives and partitions. I have a Zalman 8 bay removable drive system with drive trays on AHCI control.

Transcode: Handbrake, Adobe Media Encoder, Squeeze & MPEG Streamclip.

Enhancement Tools: ACON DeVerberate, Guthspot DeShaker, Neat Video 5, DaVinci Resolve 12 & Catalyst Browse as well as numerous VAAST products. Also Boris Mocha and some Red Giant Products.

Graphics: Most Adobe products but chiefly After FX, AI Photoshop & Illustrator. Also the NewBlue TP5, Boris Graffiti and the old SVP core products, oh and Title Deko Pro, my favorite, until they didn't support it anymore.

Audio & Other: Adobe Audition, Sonic Fire Pro, Camtasia 8, ProShow Gold & Sapphire hardware products.

Greg-Kintz wrote on 10/22/2020, 7:00 PM

Vegas is a bit quirky when panning and cropping videos with different aspect ratio resolutions that are different than that of the project properties. To get around this, when dropping in a clip with a different aspect ratio or resolution, the first thing to do is open pan/crop FX box, right click on the image and select "match output aspect", using this newly created pan/crop keyframe, now you can shrink or expand said clip anywhere in your project image space, but w/o the image getting clipped.

michael-harrison wrote on 10/22/2020, 7:06 PM

"like PiP"

Why not just *use* PIP?

System 1:

Windows 10
i9-10850K 10 Core
128.0G RAM
Nvidia RTX 3060 Studio driver [most likely latest]
Resolution        3840 x 2160 x 60 hertz
Video Memory 12G GDDR5

System 2:

Lenovo Yoga 720
Core i7-7700 2.8Ghz quad core, 8 logical
16G ram
Intel HD 630 gpu 1G vram
Nvidia GTX 1050 gpu 2G vram

Ken-Theriot wrote on 10/22/2020, 7:26 PM

Wow, thanks for all those replies! I'll be back in the studio tomorrow and will try these things then. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ken-Theriot wrote on 10/23/2020, 1:36 PM

"like PiP"

Why not just *use* PIP?

Wow! I didn't know about this! I've been trying to manually do it with pan/crop for YEARS! Sheesh. THANK YOU!!!

walter-i. wrote on 10/23/2020, 2:25 PM

@Ken-Theriot

Wow! I didn't know about this! I've been trying to manually do it with pan/crop for YEARS! Sheesh. THANK YOU!!!

That's why Gary and his team provide tutorials on new releases.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk07TYuqw_MOGbCU_RPtsGg