Conflict with realtek drivers for asus B550 motherboard

Lukasz wrote on 9/13/2020, 4:06 AM

Hello, I have been struggling for several days with a conflict of Realtek drivers for the ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) motherboard. Vegas 18 suite does not work properly with realtek drivers. When I install the drivers, the preview on the second monitor does not work on vegas. The icons in the explorer change size and disappear or appear. After uninstalling the drivers for the realtek audio motherboard, the problem disappears. I am asking for help because I cannot work. No problem on vegas 16 pro.

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 9/13/2020, 5:38 AM

It appears to be a problem unique to your system so more info needed. But firstly have you checked to find out if you have the latest realtek drivers?

fred-w wrote on 9/13/2020, 1:43 PM

Respectfully, it certainly doesn't sound like a Vegas problem, you're discussing Icons changing in the "normal" Windows environment. Try different flavors of the driver. What happens without the driver installed (at all)....do you still have audio?

It sounds like there is some sort of tie in (HDMI audio?) with the video...In Vegas, make sure you re-"Identify" monitors ( Options/Preferences/Preview Device/ "Identify Displays") window tab where you select your Preview Display preference....make sure the very large display identifier number hasn't been switched. Just for starters.Then, once you know which monitor is which, by number, use the pull down menu for selecting the correct monitor (understanding, of course, thae you may, indeed, have already tried this, but in answering people's questions, one does better to not simply assume)

How are you monitoring your audio? Through which physical device, be as specific as you can.

Lukasz wrote on 9/14/2020, 1:58 AM

I have the latest drivers and windows 10 pro updates. Vegas works without realtek drivers. As soon as the drivers are installed it stops working. When the program is previewed on the second monitor, the screen turns black and the Vegas stutters. I have no idea anymore. I have done the computer format 4 times already.

Ryzen 9 3900x

Ram 32 GB G-skil

MSI GTX 1660 Ti

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)

Windows 10 Pro 19041.508

Nvidia 452.06

RogerS wrote on 9/14/2020, 2:05 AM

Not sure if it will help you but others with ROG had issues with Sonic Suite taking control of GPU away from Vegas. If you have this installed can you remove it?

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/ui-issues-in-vegas-18--123149/#ca766987

Illusion wrote on 9/16/2020, 6:35 AM

I have the same problem with a ROG Strix X570 mobo. I did not have the Sonic installed. The only way was to remove the Realtek audio driver. The driver itself is creating a conflict with Vegas 18. I also had the garbled UI problem which seems to be fixed with the removal of the Realtek audio driver.

I also had other issues where I was unable to use the NVDEC under the Pref/File IO tab. With this option ON, I was unable to render a project to completion, either using NVENC of CPU only. I had to set the preview RAM to 0 for my system to be stable.

With the Realtek audio driver removed, I will try to re-enable those things to see if it is stable.

That might the the reason I needed to get a proper USB audio interface and disable Realtek in the BIOS for good.

Last changed by Illusion on 9/16/2020, 6:42 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

• ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
  • Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core
  • 64GB RAM (2x32GB)
  • Nvidia RTX 2070 8GDDR6
  • 2x 1TB WD Black NVMe M.2 (1 for OS/Prog, 1 for Data)
  • Win 10 Pro 2004
  • VP18 (VP17, VP14, VP13, MS12)
Lukasz wrote on 9/16/2020, 11:47 AM

I have the same problem with a ROG Strix X570 mobo. I did not have the Sonic installed. The only way was to remove the Realtek audio driver. The driver itself is creating a conflict with Vegas 18. I also had the garbled UI problem which seems to be fixed with the removal of the Realtek audio driver.

I also had other issues where I was unable to use the NVDEC under the Pref/File IO tab. With this option ON, I was unable to render a project to completion, either using NVENC of CPU only. I had to set the preview RAM to 0 for my system to be stable.

With the Realtek audio driver removed, I will try to re-enable those things to see if it is stable.

That might the the reason I needed to get a proper USB audio interface and disable Realtek in the BIOS for good.

Can you check the new drivers version 6.0.8971.1 or is the realtek panel open?
Report this problem to asus and magix and they might do something about it. I've already reported it but it's hard to get help.

VEGASDerek wrote on 9/16/2020, 11:54 AM

One other thing to try is to play with the High DPI display settings in the Display Preferences.

Illusion wrote on 9/16/2020, 2:14 PM

One other thing to try is to play with the High DPI display settings in the Display Preferences.

As long as I had the Realtek audio driver, these settings didn't resolve the issue.

Once I removed the Realtek audio driver, I was able to preview my second screen. However, I have a 4k 32in main display (125% scaling) and a 1080 24in 2nd (100% scaling). Although I was able to see the preview on my 2nd display, it was cropped (keeping top left). Then I removed the "Use alternate High DPI" and it fixed the issue. Note that I still have "Use high DPI" on and it works perfectly.

My system is a lot more stable WITHOUT the Realtek driver. Garbled UI is gone.

Last changed by Illusion on 9/16/2020, 2:17 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

• ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
  • Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core
  • 64GB RAM (2x32GB)
  • Nvidia RTX 2070 8GDDR6
  • 2x 1TB WD Black NVMe M.2 (1 for OS/Prog, 1 for Data)
  • Win 10 Pro 2004
  • VP18 (VP17, VP14, VP13, MS12)
Illusion wrote on 9/16/2020, 2:26 PM

Can you check the new drivers version 6.0.8971.1 or is the realtek panel open?
Report this problem to asus and magix and they might do something about it. I've already reported it but it's hard to get help.

I was on the latest drivers. I purpose built my machine 3 weeks ago. Everything was fresh install up to date.

I uninstalled both the driver and the realtek panel. I have no willingness to to try to get Realtek to be fixed. I am happy disabling it in the BIOS and never buy again something that has Realtek on it. I am using a Zoom recorder as audio interface for now, until I go with a more permanent solution.